• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you or don't you drink any alcohol?

Very rarely do we drink. Occaisionally DH will have a beer and sometimes I like a fruity drink....when we were in Hawaii in Jan I had to try a Lava Flow but I would have enjoyed it just as much without the alcohol.

We don't go clubbing and we don't host drinking parties!

In my 20's I drank more then anyone should! I was a a bit of a naughty girl at that point. Then I grew up, got married and had children. Now, I rarely drink. My dh is a recovered alcoholic (3 years sober), so he doesnt drink, which means I drink even less often then I did the couple years before he quit.

I very rarely drink. If I go out I just drink diet soda. Most people know I do not drink. On occasion I will have one beer but it is very rare. I do not like the taste of it and I do not like wine either.

We we are on vacation, I like those fruity drinks and will order them once in a while.

DH & I rarely drink. Sometimes we get the worst service at restaurants as soon as they realize we're not going to be running up a bar tab. :mad:

I lost half of my family to alcoholism so no I don't.

My Dad was an alcoholic when I was a child, he was a "happy"drunk, the kind that got really giggly and funny when he drank. My Mom would yell at him and it made me so unhappy.:sad1:

He had a stroke when I was 11 and quit COLD TURKEY. He said he did it for us.:cutie:

That was when he was 47 and he died when he was 83. All of his alcoholic brothers and sisters died in their 40s and 50s. :sad: I loved all of them and they're gone.

I once dated a guy who didn't drink either. I asked him "so which one of your parents is an alcoholic?" He lowered his head and said "My Mom."

The worse part is being a part of the entertainment industry with all of it's parties consist of lots of drinking. Then for days after I have to hear all the "drunk stories". I see nothing funny about being drunk and never will.

DH and I both drink, we will have wine with dinner usually about once a week. If we eat out we usually order a drink, and some nights (especially in the summer) we have a few drinks.:)

Yes, I drink. I am 20, and split my time between here and London. When I am London I tend to drink once a week or so. Going out to pubs/bars/clubs is even a bigger social thing over there than it is here. I used to get drunk more often than I do now though. Now its pretty rare for that to happen! AND I refuse to drink beer or wine, so its not a taste thing for me. I happen to like screwdrivers and other cocktails!

When I am here, since I am underage for another couple months or so, it is really rare that I do. Also, in London, I don't drive, so it is easier to drink more often. Neither my boyfriend or I will drink a sip if we have to drive anywhere, just to be safe. I try to respect the laws here, although it is weird moving back and forth so often and having it change.

I was a big partier during the disco era.:hippie:

I quit altogether in '87 for 15 years solid.....not even a sip of champayne at my brother's wedding. Wanted to be completely sober and in control while I raised my sons. Just a personal decision that worked for me, tho.

Now as the boys are growing up, the youngest being 18, I do have a rum and coke now and then......more then than now! Vegas this June might be a different story, tho!:rolleyes1

DH is a beer drinker and unfortunetly has the belly to prove it!:banana:

Yup. I drink.

In college I drank way too much. That was a long time ago and I've since grown up.

Nowadays I have about 2 glasses of something after dinner on Fridays while I wind down from the week. Usually it'll be white wine or a rum 'n diet. On Saturdays maybe 1 or 2 drinks (or 3 once in a blue moon), depending on where we are and what's the occassion. That is, next week we'll be at a 5-hour wedding reception; probably a 3-drink evening. But, tonight we're just hanging out at home and I'm likely to just have 1.

I enjoy a drink on occasion but my husband doesn't drink at all. Does he feel left out because he doesn't? I don't know for sure. Sometimes he hears about a get-together at a bar with co-workers, but no one directly approaches him with an invitation. I have wondered if some people think he's a recovering alcoholic and don't want to "tempt" him (he's not, he just doesn't like the taste). I look at it this way - it's good to have a non-drinker at a get-together. It's a designated driver on hand if needed! :idea: (which he has NO problem doing - better safe than sorry)

I do here…… But I never would put any pressure on any of my friends or family who do not. In fact when we have parties I do have a fully stocked bar ect, but I also make several special non alcoholic drinks too. That way nobody is left out!

DH and I do not drink at all nor do we allow anyone to drink around our kids. Both kids are very much anti-alcohol and will pour out any alcohol they see. We avoid holidays and gatherings with extended family because someone always has a mimosa or a glass of wine in their hands.

Your children pour out other peoples' drinks? How odd!

I drink socially, but don't feel the need to get stupid drunk--ever. I also do'nt drink because it's a certian holiday.

I enjoy wine with my dinner, or a glass of something in the evenings sometimes. But the thought of going out drinking simply because it's a certain day of the week--or year-- is completely odd to me.

I also respect that some people don't drink. I have a lot of friends who are in recovery, and even for the ones who aren't, I'd never push a drink on anyone. That's simply rude!

Anne

DH and I do not drink at all nor do we allow anyone to drink around our kids. Both kids are very much anti-alcohol and will pour out any alcohol they see:scared1: . We avoid holidays and gatherings with extended family because someone always has a mimosa or a glass of wine in their hands.

Huh?

I think that's as out of line as someone who drinks trying to berate someone who is abstaining for whatever reason into having a drink.

Intentionally pouring out someone's drink is tacky and rude. And condoning this behaviour in kids is equally rude IMHO. If you are a guest in someone's home, it's not your choice, nor that of your childrens to make the rules. If you don't like that people are drinking alcohol, you could either not go to begin with, or leave. If your kids did that in my house you'd be leaving, whether you wanted to or not.

Anne

I do here…… But I never would put any pressure on any of my friends or family who do not. In fact when we have parties I do have a fully stocked bar ect, but I also make several special non alcoholic drinks too. That way nobody is left out!

That's exactly what I do. If I have a brunch, I set up the flutes with OJ, and leave the champagne next to it so people can add some if they choose.

If I have an afternoon or evening affair, I usually have virgin colada's as well as juice, soda, coffee, tea, etc.

Anne

. Both kids are very much anti-alcohol and will pour out any alcohol they see:scared1: .

They really do that? That seems pretty rude. Having a drink is not illegal for anyone over 21.

I have a drink occasionally. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I usually don't have more than one beer or margarita--a big party night is when I have two--one before dinner and one with dinner. ;)

DH doesn't drink at all. I've never seen anyone give him a hard time about it. For some reason, we end up getting a lot of gifts of bottles of champagne or wine. Since I don't drink very often, I either serve them when we have guests or give them away to others that drink wine.

Yes, I drink. But, having a drink doesn't mean I get "stoned drunk" because I have a couple of margaritas with friends. I can take it or leave it but sometimes it's nice to relax with a beer or some mixed drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter