Do you obsessively clean before your trip?

Do you obsessively clean your house?

• It must be clean before I go

• I'll keep it dirty. I'm going on vacation anyways.

• If I have the time I'll clean a little.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I clean the house top to bottom. Change the sheets, dust, vaccuum, the bathrooms, etc. I also do all the laundry before we leave (stuff we are not taking) I refuse to so laundry while on vacation, but I seperate the laundry into loads as we are packing to go home and the suitcases go right to the laundry room and I start washing as soon as we get home. It works for me.

Nah. My grandma house-sits while we are gone so there's really no point cleaning it.

And besides, after two weeks of Disney when we come home we feel like we don't even live here anyways. It's such a weird feeling.

Oh, and we do laundry on vacation.

invariably though, my DH decides it would be a perfect time to get some renovations done in the house. One year we had hard wood floors installed while we were away so the night before we left we moved everything (including the fridge and stove) off of the main floor. Another time we had a new furnace and duct work put in the whole house (very messy). I always have good intentions but I am usually the last to know what will happen while we are away.

This thread made me smile; I thought I was the only one who went into a cleaning frenzy before my Disney trips. In fact, the last two trips, I never went to bed the night before our departure (not that I would have been able to sleep anyway, exited about the trip). I clean, wash all the laundry, pay all the bills due during the trip, clean out the fridge, make sure all the pet-sitters know what to do, go over my packing list again, etc. I guess I just love coming home to a clean house. This way, the only thing I must do when I return is grocery shop and do the vacation laundry.

Oh yes, I can't stand to come home to a dirty house. It has to be clean and hopefully, I won't have too much laundry when I get home.

:faint: The thought of coming home to a dirty house would bug me to no end. I have to clean before I go. :cool1:

Leaving Disney is always depressing. Having to return to reality is even worse if the house is a mess when you get home.

Yes...to the extent that I even change all the bedsheets right before we leave, so that we come home to clean sheets. :laundy:

I'm as bad as you with all of that!

I'm with you on that one. There is nothing better than taking a shower as soon as you get home, and slipping into some clean sheets after a WDW or any vacation.

When we go on vacation my mother in law stops by our house to let our dog out to go potty, and feed and water him. I just couldn't have her coming into our home to do that if it were dirty.

Besides, coming home from WDW is depressing enough. Coming home to a dirty house would just make it worse. :lmao: So for me having a clean house before we go, is just part of the whole planning and packing ritual.

it does have to be clean before you leave because the person who is looking after the pets and the house will want it to be clean.

We don't obsess but since our house has been for sale we leave it close to presentable whenever we leave. Fortunately we did this last weekend when we did a quick trip to WDW because we had a showing before we got home the last day.

I'll make sure the kitchen is clean and all the possibly expiring stuff is out of the fridge. There is nothing worse than coming home to curdled milk. :scared1: And I will make sure that most of our things are picked up, but no. I don't stress about a super clean house. It will still be there when I get home.

:lmao: Of course, I have a couple plaques up on my walls.
1. Come in, sit down, relax. My house doesn't always look like this, sometimes it's even worse.
2. A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

LOL Can you tell what kind of a housekeeper I am???

I don't stress about a super clean house ever. Too many real things to stress about IMO. Sounds like I could use a couple of plaques like yours!:rotfl:

:rotfl:

WOW My husband should read this thread... He thinks I'am nuts to clean the house before we leave and change the bedsheets. His comment always is MUST CLEAN THE HOUSE IN CASE THE BURGULARS COME IN AND THEY SEE A MESSY HOUSE.... I hate leaveing my house a mess and then when I come home it is the first thing I have to see. This way when I come home it is all clean except for the 12 loads of laundry I will have to do from the vacation.

We spend a little time doing things like throwing out food in the fridge that will spoil, doing dishes and taking the garbage, but we have a housekeeper who comes in once a week. She always comes once while we are gone so no matter how messy everything is when we leave its nice and clean when we come home - Yay!!!

My house must be clean because I dive right back into reality when I return from my trip. I usually return late at night from vacation and am off to work first thing in the morning. It is nice to not have to worry about cleaning the house, as you concern yourself with laundry, and other stuff.

I am so glad that I found this post. I really thought I was a nut for cleaning and doing all the laundry before we leave for vacation. I am so glad I am not alone. :banana:

I make sure I'm not leaving any dirty dishes and I make sure the cat box is scooped. Other than that, it's not any cleaner than it is any other day. :thumbsup2

We'll be having a housesitter for our 2 week trip. A friend will stay there, take care of the pets and pool.(The pool is the big draw for our friends to house sit LOL) We'll probably STOCK the fridge before we leave! The house is always clean anyway, my live in Mum and I are OCD when it comes to cleaning and laundry. However, we'll probably need to clean the day of our return, just because the sitters won't have OCD.

Are you one of those that have to have your house spotless before you leave on your vacation. I am. I can not come home to a filty house after staying in a clean hotel room all week. I also want to relax after my vacation and not have to go right back to cleaning.

What about you?
It must be clean.
Leave it dirty.
If theres time.

My husband thinks I'm crazy that I clean before I leave. But, I hate to come home to a dirty house. I just got off vacation and don't feel like doing anything! I'll even stay up late the night before we leave just to make sure everything is clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter