Do you need Marriage Cert. & Birth Cert to board ship?

chrisy

Earning My Ears
:crazy: Does anyone know If it is true that I need my
Marriage Cert. and my Birth cert. to board the ship if I
don't have a passport?
Last time I only needed my Birth Cert.:sunny: :D :crazy:
Thank you :teeth:

I always carry my marriage license just in case because my name is different than on my birth certficate for ID. I don't remember if they ever asked me but I like to error on the side of caution.:Pinkbounc

I WAS TOLD TO TAKE MY MARRIAGE CERT, SO I DID BUT IT WAS NOT NEEDED. I WOULD PROBABLY TAKE IT TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE BUT YOU PROBABLY WON'T NEED IT.

I have been on 5 Disney cruises and never needed my marriage licence.

Teri

You do not need a marriage certificate. Your birthdate on your drivers license will match up with your birth certificate. But, I prefer to bring my U.S. Passport which is proof positive, lol.

My cousins wife needed both. BUT only because they had just gotten married and the names didn't match up.

I was specifically told to bring my marriage certificate because the name would be different than on the birth cert. But, I'm getting a passport anyway.
In this day and age, I wouldn't take a chance. It's not worth it, bring both documents to be safe.

I too ALWAYS bring both, but have never been asked for my marriage cert.

:wave: Thank you all for the Wonderful Information. I will bring both to play it safe. I don't want to miss out on the cruise. Thank you all again:D :) :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter