Do you like to make your resort reservations by phone or online?

Do you like to make your resort reservations by phone or online?

• I like to call

• I like to make them online

• It depends on what type of reservation we want & then we decide how it gets booked

• We like both calling & making them online so we just pick either one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Usually I check the rates on line and then call. Only when I called for an AP discount in May, they told me there was no availability at the discounted rate I was requesting at the Poly. While I was on the phone, I pulled the rate up online. The castmember waited while I booked it online..just to make sure it went through without a hitch. Which it did. She was not able to retreive the rate I booked on line, and was skeptical as to whether it would go through or not. Which it did. It was a room only, not a package, and I gave a one nights deposit when I booked the room. All went well when we checked in.

I pefer online. But didn't this year. We booked bounceback free dining last year. So we had to call from our room. But then the free dining came out and dh really watned to do the QSDP. So I had to call to switch to that dining plan.

I absolutely prefer to do them online. Now if they would only allow me to make changes or adjust things online. I *hate* having to call if a change needs to be made. Blech.

I've had to call for changes 2 times for our upcoming August trip and it is such a pain. I work at the computer all day, so booking online just makes sense for me.

I like to do it online, I don't have a problem calling but it usually takes a lot longer. I don't ever even think about it being LD b/c we don't pay for that on cell phones. Online I can compare the rate alot quicker and change my date with a click here or two but reading about upsells offered/good deals gotten in a thread a moment ago have inspired me to start calling again just to see if I might get offered something.

We love using the online system to make our reservations, it is fast and easy. Then only time I have to call is when I changing things like changing resorts, going from a room only reservation to a package, etc....but our initial booking is online.

I usually just book on-line myself. But seeing recently that some people have been offered a "deal" when calling Disney..I just might have to start picking up the phone.

It depends for us-- we usually try to book online first, but if we encounter some sort of problem we call. We had a group of 10 for our most recent trip and we tried to book online, but it got complicated. We got 1 room at BCV but that's all there was available, so we had to call and cancel that and move to the BW (which we enjoyed very much anyway!). So we usually try online first and use calling as a backup.

Usually, I check online to get the price, then pick up the phone and call. When I booked our most recent trip, I did it online, but I had to call to give them my requests anyway.

I like to think that when I book on the phone, I am helping to keep a real person employed.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

^ Hi Mom!!:wave2:

I like to make my reservations by phone. I could say that it's for the "on hold" music but it's one of the (rare) times that I like to talk to a real person.

I did my reservations through a Dreams Unlimited TA. It was awesome. Everything was done via email. Got an online quote. An email was sent to me telling my who my TA was, and I have only dealt with her the entire time. I have a good 30+ emails of dialog asking questions and her graciously answering them. Got quotes for POP, CSR, and WL (wasn't available!!). Told her my requests (pack n play, and a couple of specific buildings) for CSR. She booked it. She sent my my confirmation info, and I have access to it any time from the Disney site. SUPER easy. :cool1:

I like to phone and speak with someone. Guess I've been lucky, the CMs I've gotten (male or female) have been wonderful. Usually i also change when the discounts come out to have them applied. I don't know how easy it is to have discounts applied on line, or split stays. For me speaking with a CM works best.
I also like to think I'm helping someone keep their job. I don't check in on line either.
I do book my dining on line though.

After making it through the phone survey about my # of trips, I like to call. I do like Disney's personal touch and like to listen to the hold music while I wait.

I call... there is something about having another person excited about my trip. (Even if they are paid to fake excitement:rotfl:)

Oh please don't tell me they aren't genuinely excited that I am coming down to visit.:rotfl2:

I always price things out online to find out how much it will cost and then call to book. I also like to speak to a live person. Considering how little they are paid they do an excellent job of sounding like they really are looking forward to our visit.

Especially after today--I called to check rates and availability for CR (SIL wants to go to WDW at Christmas and needs monorail resort). Ended up w/ Poly MK view room w/ 40% discount as a "call only" promotion. :yay: Plus--cm was super helpful as this is the first time I had to make ressie w/ someone using an ECV.

Lee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter