Do you like to do jigsaw puzzles?

I love jig saw puzzles, but had to give them up at home because we got 2 cats. I did them on vacation. Then I got an iPad and found magic puzzles. I tried doing a real puzzle again but the iPad spoiled me. I hate sorting and turning over all the pieces. So now I stick to the iPad and don’t have to worry about the cat.

if you want to try online puzzles go to the App Store. I like magic puzzles the best. You can do any size 42 - 588 pieces. The app is free and there are free puzzles available.

I love doing puzzles! I find it very relaxing. I've done several a year for the last few years. But the pandemic kicked me into high gear with puzzles. I've done 50 puzzles since last March. Most of them were 1000 pieces but I did 2 that were 750 pieces and 3 or 4 that were 1500. I love Charles Wysocki puzzles so that's what I've done the most of but I've done several Disney puzzles as well and a few other random ones. My method for assembling is to pull all of the edge pieces first and assemble the frame. Then I sort the remaining pieces by color onto the 4 sorting trays and go from there. I don't like to have all the pieces randomly scattered around the board -- that's very stressful for me. My sister-in-law and her husband came to visit a few months ago and brought a 2000 piece puzzle for us to work on while they were here. Their method is to put all the pieces all over the table with no rhyme or reason. That drove me nuts. I did not find that relaxing at all.

I don't have anywhere to keep a puzzle out all of the time so I have Jigthings Jigsort puzzle case. The one in the link is for a 500 piece puzzle but the one I have is for 1500 pieces (and has 4 sorting trays as opposed to 2). This case easily stores under my couch when I'm not working on the puzzle at the kitchen table. If you like to do puzzles but don't want to leave them out on the table when you're not working on them, I highly recommend this case. It's well worth the money.

I also love your Christmas puzzle, Bobbiwoz!

I don't have much puzzle patience so definitely under 200 pieces for me! I do enjoy them though :)

I enjoy uncovering things, there is nothing to be uncovered in a jigsaw. To me they are high on frustration with no payoff but I know lots of people who love them precisely because there is nothing to unearth, it's all there already.

Not a puzzle person.

My mom always has a 1000 piece puzzle happening in her house. She finds it very relaxing. When I visit (which has been forever thanks to COVID) I will sit and chat with her and fiddle with it. But it never lasts long. If I get 15 pieces done I am good to go. lol

My family always had one going on a card table growing up. I started doing them this year on my tablet. I love the challenge and convenience of doing them this way.

I like doing puzzles but I'm sorry to say that the last one that I did was the Disneyland Map puzzle and I didn't care for it.

the map part was fine, but I didn't care for the decorative border or the holes in the puzzle.

I have a jigsaw puzzle table where I do puzzles. It's in my bedroom where the dog and cats can't get to it if I shut the door. I also work a ton of jigsaw puzzles on my laptop. I save off pictures I like and turn them into puzzles through Microsoft Jigsaw. I've probably worked a hundred this past year. The largest number of pieces you can work online is 500.

I love love love puzzles. We actually just finished a Magic Puzzle one, and it was fantastic.
I like them because they're a distraction. When I was going through a really rough time at work, I needed something to concentrate on. Enter jigsaw puzzles. Plus, theres just something satisfying about them.

I occasionally like puzzles that are 300 pieces. Any more than that and I get bored before I finish. Plus my cat likes to play with the pieces, so if I don't get it done quickly there's going to be chewed up pieces all over the house.

I love puzzles! We have 3 cats, so they definitely add to the challenge. In the winter I love to listen to an audiobook and do a 1,000 piece puzzle. I like it because it helps me unwind. I started doing puzzles when I was at the beginning of a very difficult time in my life. It’s a coping strategy to try not get into my own head too much.

My husband and I briefly went through a puzzle phase; nothing larger than 1500 pieces, though. That fell by the wayside once the first kid was old enough to pull himself up on the coffee table and wreck our progress and eat the pieces. Now we’re in a busier phase of life and, frankly, I don’t want to have to do any thinking in my downtime. So, no more puzzles.

Have always loved puzzles. When kids lived at home I kept 1,000 piece going on the dining room table. Whoever walked by stopped and found a few pieces. Or, we would sit for hours working one and that's when I learned what was going on in their lives.
Now we own a vacation home and have a dedicated table for puzzles. When adult kids and their friends come to visit, the first thing they say is "where's the puzzle?" Or, they bring one as a hostess gift. This summer we worked three 1,000 piece in a week.

We've always done the edge first then work inward. Our son's fiance just dives in, finds like pieces and gets whole parts ready to drop in. Both ways work.

My son just got our family picture made into a puzzle for Christmas. Can’t wait to start it.

I hate puzzles with too much sky or trees....lol my daughter is really good at puzzles and laughs at me because I usually have the right piece but have it upside down.

It makes the time go by these last few months.

I LOVE puzzles. Just did a 150 piece clear one. Took me a few hours to finish. I borrowed it from a friend who isn't super into puzzles like I am and it took him a few days and he used the "cheat sheet" that the puzzle came with.

My favorite part is the sky. I love working through a gradient of colors.

Last edited:
The only kind of jigsaw puzzles I like to do these days are the online kind. They go fast and the pieces don't fall all over the floor. Plus they make a satisfying "click" sound when the pieces find their place. :)

LOVE them! ❤️
They are incredibly relaxing for me.
I put them on the dining room table on a big piece of cardboard so I can pick it up and move it if necessary. My DH will sit with me and we’ll sit there for a few hours and chat about whatever as we work on the puzzle. My DD will also sit with me sometimes when she has a free moment. I really do love them❤️

I love puzzles!! I go through phases when I work on them, and I'm a stickler for starting with the edges.

For those worried about mess - I have some plastic trays that I use to spread out the pieces, so I can stack them if I won't be working on it for a while. They're about 11x14 inches, and I think I got them from Oriental Trading.

544899 544900

About a year ago, my DH was driving me crazy with tv, soccer, click, golf, click, football, click, soccer, click....told him go do a puzzle. He started doing the grandkids 50 - 100 piece mickey mouse/ princess ones. Moved onto 300 piece ones. When he started finishing those in 4 or 5 hours , he moved up to 500 pieces. Now a year later, he spends about 15 hours a week working on puzzles. He enjoys it greatly.

There are times, there is one piece he can't find and it's driving him crazy, I'll go help.

Currently doing a 500 piece Jungle Book puzzle. My DH got me a ton of Disney puzzles years ago for Christmas and I brought them back out recently. The Thomas Kincade ones are my favorite. What helps keep it fun and less of a mess are the puzzle sorting trays. I find puzzles are fun to do over several days while watching Christmas movies and being disconnected from phone/internet/work😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter