Do you like the Fort?

Do you like the Fort

• Would Live There

• Will Visit Often

• Will Cut Back on Visits

• Unlikely to Return

• Will Never Visit Again

Results are only viewable after voting.
We just returned after staying for 14 nights (our first and probably last stay). My $.02 for what it's worth.

I reserved and paid in full (so I thought) well in advance. At check-in they get $5 per night extra for pets. Why not just get it up front?

Properly described RV and TV during reservation. They tried to "stuff" me into a short site in loop 200. I don't park my RV on dirt and the TV out in the road for the money they charge! Tried calling the front for help, no answer. A 20 year cast member drives by and asks if everything is all right. I reply no to his surprise. After seeing my situation, he agrees this is not the site for me. He trys to call up front and also get's no answer. He's both bothered and embarassed because no one answers. He say's "follow me to loop 500 and pick what you want". We choose 505. Nice site. He called someones boss and straightens out the issue.

Before 9 A.M. the adjacent site has their RV and TV washed. Not my idea of an enjoyable cup of coffee. I wonder what Disney got out of this nonsense?

Too many wreckless golf carts. I did have an oppertunity to use my medical training on a kid with cut skull.

The pool is 50% pee and 50% chemicals.

Enough rant.

My only complaint is that we didn't find out about this forum until this month.

As to the switch to larger sites. It is because far too many RV'rs think they can drive. We sat an watched someone take 45 minutes to back into a preferred site. Needless to say the road was blocked for the entire time..

....We sat an watched someone take 45 minutes to back into a preferred site. Needless to say the road was blocked for the entire time..
Having owned big RVs and being a truck driver I have more then once walked over to help just such owners, and most of the time they were happy for the offer.

I have two words for those folks... backup camera!

sc_rofl.gif

ShantaClausSm.png

In my case it was simple math and nothing to do with driving skills. The sum of RV and TV length exceeded the length of the paved site. The length information was communicated in the reservation.

Was I expected to park with the RV on soft material and the TV sticking out on the road? Not for $86 per night!

Having had similar problems with our MH and trailer, I always ask again at checkin if the site they assigned will hold our rig. We have sometimes been switched at checkin and have also had to request reassignment after we saw the site. They usually try to accommodate your rig. We have never stayed at another WDW resort and likely never will. Love the Fiends!!

Vote today. The poll ends tomorrow.

Having owned big RVs and being a truck driver I have more then once walked over to help just such owners, and most of the time they were happy for the offer.

Based on the "scene" we watched you might have gottten punched. That's why I stayed away...I also have a class "a" CDL..Never had trouble helping but there are sometimes you instinct tells you to "butt out".

There are most definitely things about the Fort that I don't like, but the overall experience is still wonderful (albeit pricier and pricier). I wouldn't want to live there, but we'll continue to visit a couple times a year and if we were closer we'd go even more.

If you don't like the fort. Well then don't go back. It just leaves more site availability for the ones of us who like the fort.

Based on the "scene" we watched you might have gottten punched. That's why I stayed away...I also have a class "a" CDL..Never had trouble helping but there are sometimes you instinct tells you to "butt out".
Good point :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter