• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you like sharing tables with other families?

I didn't know if I thought Biergarten would be odd for us. But, we were seated with a nice family last Thanksgiving. Their children were actually similar in age to ours. Their DD and my DD ended up dancing together with the band. It was too cute. We didn't have crazy deep conversations or anything--just exchanged simple conversations. It was nice.

We have eaten at Beirgarten every trip & each time we had very nice people to sit with...except one time.:rolleyes:

We are a family of 5 & we were seated with another family. (mom, dad, & boy). Well when they got to the table they said they did not want to sit with strangers & gave us not so Disney like looks. The CM told them thats how the seating is at the restaurant. Very disgruntled they sat down at our table. We smiled & said hi & they just sat there. They hated the show & the food. They got into an argument. The woman told her husband he was drinking too much & he told her she took too much dessert from the buffet.:eek:

But everyone else we have sat with were very friendly, talkative, & just there to have fun. So yes it's a gamble but out of 7 or 8 times there we only got lemons once.:rotfl:

I'm surprised they didn't know they would be sharing a table. Every time we've called to make dining ADR's & mentioned the Biergarten, the CMs on the phone made a point to tell us that there is shared seating at the Biergarten & asked if we would be comfortable with that. I assumed it was standard policy to tell people in advance:confused3

I'm surprised they didn't know they would be sharing a table. Every time we've called to make dining ADR's & mentioned the Biergarten, the CMs on the phone made a point to tell us that there is shared seating at the Biergarten & asked if we would be comfortable with that. I assumed it was standard policy to tell people in advance:confused3

We once ended up at a table with a family from South America who looked very surprised to see us seated with them. Only the father appeared to speak English and after the waitress explained to him all was fine. It was interesting to see how much pleasure they took in getting orange juice to drink- glass after glass. Our huge mugs of beer were met with big eyes but aside from that no problems.
We have had interesting and friendly encounters each time but one time I was praying silently that the obnoxious complaining man and his family waiting would not be out seatmates.:eek: He was complaining loudly and with foul language about everything; waiting,crowded,etc. His family took over a table for the CS restaurant while waiting and turned people away that needed seats to eat. Lucky for us we did not end up together.
Going again this May and December!:)

We have met some truly fantastic people at the Biergarten and we sure do not mind sharing our table with others. There have been a few people who kept to themselves and did not want to talk, but most were really friendly Disney loving folks.

Several times we have ended up sitting there talking much longer than we anticipated as the people were friendly and very interesting. One older couple we sat with by the end of dinner was showing us pictures of their grandchildren and talking about similar travel experiences with us.

We did have one bummer group once, a group of 2 older couples who decided we were low class because we stayed at a value resort (that is what happened when I tried to make conversation) and made rude comments all during the meal. Needless to say we did not talk to them anymore, moved to the end of the table and just ate and left.

Hate, hate, hate sharing a table with people we don't know. I can't enjoy my food cause it makes me so nervous.

We eat at the Biergarten on every trip and last time was the only time we had to share a table. It was a woman and her 2 kids. She complained a lot about the waitress who we thought was doing a good job and then she went on and on about how much she knew about German food. They didn't really talk to us directly so that was nice, but it made the meal not as enjoyable as being w/ just my husband and kiddos. It depends on what type of person you are and the type of people you share your table w/. I am not outgoing and absolutely love my personal space so I am thankful that next time we'll have enough to fill a table.

I hope we sit next to some people like all you guys when we eat at Biergarten on 3/27.
We've booked twice previously and cancelled both times (not really because of the sharing tables thing), but we're determined to make it this time! :goodvibes

We're going for the first time in April. We've done the restaurant in Japan and were seated with another family of 4. When the waitress came around with chopsticks, the father insisted on a fork since "we're in America here" which was interesting, as they really were in Japan at what is supposed to be an authentic hibachi restaurant. We basically ignored them.

We cruise and love sitting with others. Our last trip was my family of 4 and my mom (boys were 10 and 5.5). We had a table for 13 and figured 2 other families. Nope...4 couples, all with grown kids and travelling on their own. You could see the look of shock on their faces when we walked up with our kids.

By the end of the week, we were all great friends. My kids know how to behave in nice restaurants, and my older son often left early to head up to the kids club. One of the couples came from MA and by the time we got home, there was an email waiting with the most delicious home made clam chowder recipe from the wife.

I think that if you're really uncomfortable with the thought of eating with strangers, don't go. I really don't care what others think about how much food I take (although I need to reign that in this year since I'm on WW), and I'm polite with others. If they want to talk, I'm game. Otherwise, we'll say a polite hello and enjoy our dinner.

For those of you reluctant to cruise, you can request a table for 2 in the dining room, or take advantage of the cruiseline's anytime (mytime, freestyle) dining option, which means you always get your own table.

I hope we sit next to some people like all you guys when we eat at Biergarten on 3/27.
We've booked twice previously and cancelled both times (not really because of the sharing tables thing), but we're determined to make it this time! :goodvibes

Shucks; missing you by one day; we have 5:00 ressies on 3/28.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter