• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you like scary movies?

Aimeedyan

DIS Veteran
DH looooooooves them. He is the type of person that rarely gets scared and instead laughs through them. His mom does the same thing :confused3

I, on the other hand, have learned my lesson after staying up with all the lights on too many nights in the past. I don't do well with scary movies and do not enjoy being scared. Esp movies with anything supernatural :scared1:

So, now when he watches a scary movie I typically stay in the room but put the laptop up where I can't see the screen. Right now he's watching The Strangers :eek:

Sometimes, just hiding behind something doesn't even help. Years ago he was watching some movie that had a flying something in it and at one point that "thing" went flying and thanks to our surround sound, she sounded like she was flying around the room and past my head :eek: I leapt out of the chair, ran into the bedroom, and flipped on HGTV before he even realized what was happening :laughing:

Are you a scary movie fan? Or do you hide behind something when a scary movie is on?

DH looooooooves them. He is the type of person that rarely gets scared and instead laughs through them. His mom does the same thing :confused3

I, on the other hand, have learned my lesson after staying up with all the lights on too many nights in the past. I don't do well with scary movies and do not enjoy being scared. Esp movies with anything supernatural :scared1:

So, now when he watches a scary movie I typically stay in the room but put the laptop up where I can't see the screen. Right now he's watching The Strangers :eek:

Sometimes, just hiding behind something doesn't even help. Years ago he was watching some movie that had a flying something in it and at one point that "thing" went flying and thanks to our surround sound, she sounded like she was flying around the room and past my head :eek: I leapt out of the chair, ran into the bedroom, and flipped on HGTV before he even realized what was happening :laughing:

Are you a scary movie fan? Or do you hide behind something when a scary movie is on?

Nope, and I've really don't watch them at all anymore. I'm not sure why, but it seemed to take me a long time to figure out that I didn't like them:confused3 I've never been really "scared" of the movies, but they just make me unhappy:confused3 I don't know, I'm weird, but I've decided I really only like being happy, so I mainly watch "happy" movies/shows, but always try to avoid scary ones.

No I don't. There are enough scary things in real life.

Scary movie freak me out :scared1: I'm so scared to go to bed sometimes. But i still watch them because they're fun at the time....not so much a few hours later. :headache:

Scary movie freak me out :scared1: I'm so scared to go to bed sometimes. But i still watch them because they're fun at the time....not so much a few hours later. :headache:

i never have been one to even find them fun intitially - I'm too big of a wimp, I guess :rotfl:

I LOVE SCARY MOVIES!

Joe will watch most of them with me unless there's too much screaming. He calls "Texas Chainsaw" (the original) The Screaming Girl Movie. He hates it but yet, he bought me the super duper deluxe special edition in a metal box edition a couple of weeks ago. He handed it to me and said, "Thought you might love this, but I won't watch that crap with you."

Love, Love, Love Scary movies. I fall asleep every night with one on On Demand or DVD. (Can't fall alseep without the TV on!)

Haven't found one that really "scares" me yet.:happytv:

I love scary movies!! BUT only when I am with someone else. I will not watch a scary movie if I am not with DFiance, my parents or friends. I could never watch a scary movie alone. :eek:

That being said, I love being scared. But when it comes to going to bed, I'm terrified. In college my roomates and I would all pile into someone's room b/c we were too scared to sleep alone. :scared: Thankfully, now I have DF but whew! It's still scary.

BTW- the Strangers is a VERY scary movie! :scared1:

Another fan of scary movies! I think they are fun....until I'm home alone:lmao:

Any recommendations? Recently I have watched Midnight Meat Train (on FearNet, OnDemand) The Strangers and The Happening (which I don't recommend!!)

I like some horror films. The modern ones are too much into CGI, which takes away from the scare factor.

Any recommendations? Recently I have watched Midnight Meat Train (on FearNet, OnDemand) The Strangers and The Happening (which I don't recommend!!)
I would recommend Pet Semetary. My pic for best horror story & film.

Haven't found one that really "scares" me yet.:happytv:[/QUOTE]

'Hostel' didn't scare you?:scared1:

It scares me because I can picture bored, wealthy businessman torturing/killing people just because they can:sad2:

That said, the actors were very convincing

Love them because I want to do special FX and makeup! I love Halloween Horror Nights and would work on that all year and be happy too:)

When I was in high school I loved them. My boyfriend and I went to all the new horror flicks. Of course part of that is having an excuse to cling to your man. :lmao:

Now, not so much. My adult daughter loves them and she and my hubby always sat and laughed through them too. I left the room with the little guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter