Do you let you kids sleep in at DVC?

Do you left your kids sleep in at DVC?

• I always let my kids sleep in every morning.

• I let my kids sleep in every other morning.

• I let my kids sleep in once during the trip.

• I never let my kids sleep in, go commando.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We were never park commando early people until about 2 yrs ago when we had a PS at CRT before the park opened and we learned how much we could really do first thing in the morning. Since that day, we have been park commandos and we love it. Now realize that my kids are still young, dd (7.5) and ds (3). I anticipate that when the get older, that our touring strategy will change. Let's face it, when they are teenagers, riding Dumbo will not be the most important thing, like it is now.

I voted, we never let the sleep in -- however, we don't go "commando" anymore. Not since DVC.

We do get up early and to the parks early. But, we always take a break during the day and never feel like we are loosing out. If the kids want to swim (like they never NOT want to :confused: ) we'll swim. If we want to nap, we do. Last trip, DS4 fell asleep in the car so we took a drive around all the parks. We never feel anymore like we are loosing out.

We also have been known to go back to our villa early and go to sleep early or just chill out.

One of the biggest benefits of DVC for us is knowing we'll be back -- fairly soon. :teeth:

I am not going to waste the best part of a Florida day in bed , darn it, and my kids aren't either. Of course, they are 4 and 6, and have an early bedtime anyway,

Now see, I think, on average, people perceive the best part of the day very differently. We all tend to sleep-in 50% of the vacation. I have kids ages 11, 13 & 17. We don't consider this "wasting" the best part of FL's day, because we consider the best part of the day the nighttime and love to stay up late ! To us, this is heaven during vacation. Srolling leisurely to the exit after Epcot's Illuminations or the fireworks at MK. In fact, after the end-of-the-night fireworks at the MK, our tradition is to grab some hotdogs from Casey's and just sit & watch everyone rushing down Main Street to get out. :eek:
We usually linger 45+ minutes after the park closes and then casually make our way to the monorail or busses. Sometimes after the parks close we head over to Winter Summerland to play mini golf or whatever. We're definitely very happy night owls. I will admit when the kids were younger (under 10), we tended to get up and get going much earlier.

Hmmm :scratchin if we consider a nice after-lunch nap sleeping in, then we "sleep-in" that way most days at WDW ;) . That mid afternoon break when it's hottest and the crowds are thickest is just wonderful, whether it be a nap or a swim or both.

I must say tho, I am glad lots of you other folks are sleeping in during the mornings bcs that makes for fewer lines for us then. Thanks! ::yes::

I also agree that it's important for kids (and parents) to get enough rest when on vacation. After all tired kids are grumpy or ill-behaved kids. I still subscribe to our child-psychologist friend's theory that 90% of kids' behavior problems can be traced back to insufficient sleep or food. Maybe an over-generalization, but I know how my kids get when sleep-deprived or in the afternoon before supper (if no snack); if these needs are met, however, my kids are just angelic.
:angel:

One of the reasons we bought into DVC was so that we could make more trip more often than once every year or two, and go the commando routine when we get there. These trips are for me and my family to relax, and with a teenager (you can not blast him out of bed before 10:00 am anyway) we all start our days in the late morning.

I say let the kids sleep in. They will enjoy the trips more and will look forward to going in the future.

24 posts

103 voted

682 looked

With results of 48 to 12 of letting the kids sleep in everyday to never letting them sleep in, I think I have a good case for a few days during our 5 days stay. Now if our family was only a little more democratic and the kids got to vote, maybe mom would lighten up and get with the program and let them sleep in some.
Thanks again to everyone that participated in my first poll ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter