Do you leave your backpack/diaper bag in the stroller when on rides/shows?

The only thing I took out of our stroller was my camera...we left merchandise, drinks, everything in it and nobody touched it...

I take one of those lil backpacks, you know the lil tote ones with the drawstrings. That's what I keep my tix, wallet, camera, Flip, and Cell phone in. Diapers, wipes, extra clothes, and sippy cups in the stroller.

Nope ..I take it all with me..If you don't care if it is there when you get back...by all means leave it, but there have been plenty of people on these boards who have had their diaper bags,souveniers etc stolen

I left the bag with the stroller. It was just to much to carry. I didn't worry about tho. If someone took they needed those clothes and junk more than me. I never left anything we would miss. For those things I carry in my bag with me everywhere.

We leave a bag in the stroller, but only with things that aren't valuable. We also have a tag on the bag that has our cell phone number on it. Even if someone took our bag, once they looked through it and realized there was nothing worth taking, I'm assuming they'd leave it somewhere and some nice person would see our contact info and call us. If not, it still wouldn't be that awful.

Last trip, we didn't need as much stuff, so we used gallon ziplocks in the stroller with diapers/change of clothes instead.

This past November was our first trip in almost 15 years without a stroller! We have always left stuff in the stroller (not tickets, cash or ID). We never had a problem. I'm sure that strollers do get stolen at WDW, but I think actual number of stolen strollers is much lower than reported here.

We have been at WDW many times and heard people complaining that their stroller was "gone"/"stolen". In all cases it had been moved just and the people just couldn't find it. Many times it was near Small World where people would leave their strollers right in front instead of parking them over in stroller parking (where the sky ride used to be).

I truly believe that most people are good people, it's just the few bad ones that we hear about (over and over again).

sandy

Personally, I wouldn't leave anything with the stroller. We managed to enjoy the parks with one small backpack for diapers/other baby necessities and our cameras (regular and video), and a small shoulder bag for money, credit cards, and personal items like hand sanitizer, lipstick, etc. This was for two adults and two 2.5-year-olds still in diapers. We stuck to the essentials only that could be carried on rides, etc.

We sometimes took the bag and sometimes left it, but we always took the video camera bag. Generally although the rucksac was full it had only got boring things like drinks, ponchos nappies, suncream, and a change of baby clothes... We didn't have a problem.

Don't lock the stroller to anything. The CM's will most likely go through it. There's a thread alrweady about locking strollers up. They move them in case they are in the way of traffic or they need to fit more strollers in designated areas.

Just a heads up.

That "stuff" will become really valuable the second it's stolen and you NEED it.

This is exactly how we feel. Why put yourself through the hassle of shelling out more money or having to leave the park when a small backpack or diaper bag can be so easily brought on rides? We keep a bag attached to the stroller that holds diapers, wipes, snack, etc, but we also carry a small backpack with extra of those items in case our stroller or bag is taken. We carry the bare minimum with us, so taking a small backpack on rides really isn't that bad.

Just leave anything in your stroller that you wouldn't mind being gone when you get off the ride. Not everyone is so honest at Disney.

My camera was taken from out stroller in Epcot. I still can't believe I was stupid enough to leave it there.:headache: No one watches out for your stuff while you are inside riding rides or eating a meal. If you can't afford to be without an item, or to replace it, take it with you.

This is exactly how we feel. Why put yourself through the hassle of shelling out more money or having to leave the park when a small backpack or diaper bag can be so easily brought on rides? We keep a bag attached to the stroller that holds diapers, wipes, snack, etc, but we also carry a small backpack with extra of those items in case our stroller or bag is taken. We carry the bare minimum with us, so taking a small backpack on rides really isn't that bad.

Thank you! People are just not getting that. It only takes ONE time for your child to throw up or have a pee "accident" and when you find that you have NOTHING to change them into...you'll be out $$$$ buying clothes and/or diapers at the Disney Gift Shops! Even just a diaper at the baby care centers is like $3!!!

I learned that lesson the hard way. I didn't bring a change of clothes for my DS3 once to Disneyland. Of COURSE that was the day he decided to have an "accident" while we were eating dinner. I had to run over to the gift shop in the Grand Californian hotel and buy him new underwear, socks, and pants! I was out $75...lesson learned!

My neighbor also had her entire stroller and diaper bag stolen at Disneyland, on her FIRST visit there with her kids! She said it cost her about $15 to get 2 diapers, wipes, and buy a new sippy cup for her son...

There are people out there that bring the kitchen sink along to the parks, and I don't get that at ALL! I bring what I can comfortably carry in a backpack or cross body bag. My son's "extra" outfit is a super lightweight pair of pants, socks, and underwear, and a really thin t-shirt. I stuck all that stuff in a gallon ziploc, sat on it, and zipped it up. I roll it in half and it fits into my small-ish bag. Plus, what if you need something while you're in line? That's when my kids do all their snacking, etc.

I don't leave my backpack in the stroller, but I always bring a small cooler and leave that in the stroller! After a ton of WDW visits, I have never had it bothered!:rotfl:

We bring 2 strollers (one double, one single) and 2 bags - a backpack diaper bag and a bag of drinks and snacks. The snack bag almost always gets left on the stroller (and if someone wants to steal our cold water, boxes of apple juice, and snacks, we always have more in the hotel room). We almost always bring the backpack with us. We've left that behind on occasion. We been to Disneyland once and Disneyworld 3 times and (knock wood) we haven't had a problem.
Valuables go in my purse.

Amanda

Several years ago, when we went to WDW, we left my husband's brand new camera in a book bag in a stroller, and was worried the whole time we was on the ride. The Bag, the camera, my husband's wallet was all there.
thank god.:cool1:

We rented a stroller last year and it was taken by someone else. Our name was written on the back and yes they still took it. It was empty, didn't leave anything in it. I would hope someone needed it and took ours because it was empty. Disney did bring us one right away. It was in front of Sci-Fi dining. Never had any other issues and have and still will leave souveniers and stuff in the stroller. Probably just a false sense of securtiy being at Disney.

The first time we went to WDW when DS was a toddler I was too afraid to leave the bag on the stroller so we carried it onto each and every ride/show.
This last time we went with DS and his baby sister and it was a different story - I packed a backpack filled with all the "non-essential" items and left it with the stroller. Those were items that I felt would bring us some mild inconvenience if we had to replace them - but they were indeed replaceable (such as sweatshirts, diapers, sunblock, ponchos/raingear, etc.). Items I felt were "must haves" and/or not easily replaceable (such as DS's inhaler, DD's lovey, camera, etc.) I carried with me in a smaller cross-body bag (overland donner) so I could be hands-free and not feel bogged down running around from ride to ride. It worked perfectly for us and this is the way I intend to do Disney as long as my kids are riding in a stroller :thumbsup2

I have done both. The last trip I think I just had one bag with a few diapers, wipes, toilet covers & table toppers as well as my camera & video camera. We left our water & small cooler (son has allergies) in the stroller.

Well we are going to be taking out Maclaren Quest with us for our trip in Sept/Oct and we will have 2 Skip Hop Saddle Bags attached to each side of it. Those will have our "stuff" like you mention. Extra change of clothes and undies for DD (she just potty trained and will be turning 3 during our trip). We plan to leave those attached to the stroller. Our camera and things of value will be in a small bag that we will always take with us.

Last year was our first trip without a stroller. In the past we always left our diaper bag in the stroller. We have done it at Disney, the park, zoos. Almost anywhere we took it. I only leave things that are easily replaced. We never had anyone take it. We have also left our cooler in there. I agree with the pp who said if someone takes those things then they must need them more than we do.

Its a chance you take. If it would break your budget to replace the items, or if you are attatched to them, then don't leave them in the stroller. Also to the pp who stated it is expensive to replace those things at Disney, I agree. However that is a chance I was willing to take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter