Do you laugh at inappropriate times or things?

nuttylawprofessor

<font color=green><marquee>Green is edgy</marquee>
I do. I admit it.

The Walmart story? It's so wrong, but it made me laugh when I first heard it.

What inappropriate laughter have you had?

Sorry, I laugh when I see people trip or fall. I do find out if they're okay but I'm laughing the entire time... :laughing:

I have to admit, I do too! :rotfl2: But I laugh when I fall, too, so...

Oh my goodness, I do too! I can't help it and I laugh until I'm crying! I'm a very nice and sensitive person but for some reason I find this so funny! Last night my daughter tripped walking over to my and my husband. I was laughing so hard I literally couldn't stop! I had to hide my face because my poor little darling was crying! Bad mom! Bad mom! Bad mom!

Sorry, I laugh when I see people trip or fall. I do find out if they're okay but I'm laughing the entire time... :laughing:

Yep, add me to the group. Honestly, I laugh at anything embarrassing that I can see happening to myself.

I laugh at a lot of things that others don't. I'm a very big Opie & Anthony fan and my 3 favorite comics are Jim Norton, Louis CK, and Patrice O'Neal. If you can't have a chuckle or two at awful jokes or at things most people don't find funny you are not going to like these comics. There is nothing that can offend me, nothing.

It was a cold winter evening after work. My dh & I were going to attend the viewing of my boss' mother but we were early so we waited awhile in the car. For some reason I was thinking of something I may have read in the comics or somewhere - "we put the fun in funeral". That got me cracking up, I'd keep thinking it & start laughing. Then it was finally time to go to the viewing & I was so horrified that I would burst out laughing because I was trying so hard not to.

Thankfully I didn't.

We were all at my great-aunt's visitation and had been there most of the day, talking with everybody who came. Sometime in the afternoon, my mom, brother, and I were sitting in some chairs over by a window that overlooked the cemetery and chatting with a couple of relatives. My mom suddenly noticed a grave that had several festive-looking balloons affixed to the headstone and said, "Aw, that's so sad. That must be a child's grave," to which my brother replied, "...or a clown's." We burst out laughing and couldn't stop, so much so that my dad suggested we go outside for a minute, as we were "making spectacles of ourselves."

It was a cold winter evening after work. My dh & I were going to attend the viewing of my boss' mother but we were early so we waited awhile in the car. For some reason I was thinking of something I may have read in the comics or somewhere - "we put the fun in funeral". That got me cracking up, I'd keep thinking it & start laughing. Then it was finally time to go to the viewing & I was so horrified that I would burst out laughing because I was trying so hard not to.

Thankfully I didn't.

Lol! That would have had me laughing, too. Man, I hope no funerals come up before I have time to forget this. :laughing:

I do. I admit it.

The Walmart story? It's so wrong, but it made me laugh when I first heard it.

What inappropriate laughter have you had?

At my grandmother's funeral, who I just adored and would miss the rest of my living and breathing life.

The family was in the family room at the service. This is a small room off to the side of the altar (for lack of a better word) at our burial chapel. It had a transparent curtain to keep the family's grief discreet during the service. At times, the curtain would open and close at different parts of the service. There was piped-in music that only we could hear that was timed to the curtains. It was to calm and sooth us.

Unfortunately for the chapel, this music was on a tape. And it was used often. I was sitting next to my sister, and although we were 10 and 12, we'd long since developed wicked humor. The song went like this:

ta-ta, dummmmmmeerr (then it sped up to catch again) [curtain opens] ta-ta, do-do-do dummmmmmmmmmereerooooorrr, [curtain closes] ta-ta, do-do. You get the picture. A warped tape. Playing over and over in sync with us being on show and then off show.

My sister and I were HOWLING. And not in a good way. I nearly peed my pants and my sister had to be tended to by my grandfather for extreme "grief." If we looked at each other, it just stated all over again. I had no choice but to grab more tissues and "cry" hysterically into them to cover my laughter.

Oh yes LOL. It started when I was little, I remember my sister and I cracking up in church. Still do LMAO... something about it just strikes me as funny!

If it's inappropriate, you can usually find me :rotfl2:

Years ago they had a little novelty toy that was a crate. There were shipping stickers all over the crate and a little eyeball in the corner. When you activate it, it shakes around and a little voice says, "Excuse me, excuse me, CAN YOU LET ME OUT OF HERE?!!"

My grandmother had a great sense of humor and I bought her one. She loved it and would show it to everyone who came to visit. When she passed, I was next in line in the car processional behind the limo with my mom and aunts. My husband had an SUV so we had a clear view of the casket. We were stopped at a light and in the middle of my crying, I burst out laughing. My husband thought I had lost my mind. He kept asking if I was okay. Finally I pulled myself together and said "Excuse me, excuse me, CAN YOU LET ME OUT OF HERE?!!"

He was appalled and I laughed all the more. I tend to do that too. The more appalled other people are, the harder I laugh. With regard to this bad trait, the best advice I've ever been given was "Know your audience." :thumbsup2

Yes, much like Mary Tyler Moore show the Classic "Chuckles the Clown" I have laughed at many a funeral, especially if the Director miss pronounces the name...:lmao:

Yes. I also have a tendency to say funny things at inappropriate times, although laughing is the way I cope with the sad aspects of life.

I tend to laugh at funerals as well, I just can't help it. At my grandfathers funeral everything was quiet and my stomach started to growl and my cousins wife and I just looked at each other and started cracking up.

I also usually laugh at people who trip or fall (including myself), sometimes I just think about someone tripping or falling and I start to laugh.

I laugh when people fall too!! I always hope my apology helps smooth things over.

Last year, my children and I were taking Chinese lessons by a very sweet Chinese lady. She began teaching us a new word, and every time the Chinese word was said, it sounded just like a crude saying in English. For some odd reason, I found it so funny...I tried so hard not to laugh, but I couldn't hold it back. The whole class just stared at me....so embarassing!! It was just so funny to see this little sweet lady boldly stating this crude statement over and over....it still makes me laugh. To this day, my kids still remind of me of my behavior....it was very rude....I apologized. :rotfl:

I laugh at the oddest times (I generally find a lot of things funny) but I think even more so when I'm nervous or shocked or am overwhelmed by emotions. The worst was years ago I walked in on my bf at the time having sex with another girl. I started laughing! I couldn't help it, it makes me laugh even thinking about it now. I was so hurt and crushed when I got home but I just stood there laughing for a good 2-3 minutes and then walked out. :confused3

DH and I were at mass a few years ago and the priest was going along doing the sermon, nothing unusual until he said something like "And now for a few words from the great modern poet" and started quoting U2 lyrics. DH and I couldn't even look at each other. I was trying so hard to hold it in that I was coughing and sputtering. To this day if we hear U2 on the radio we announce "The great modern poet!" :lmao:

DH's grandfather died, and DH was asked/told to be a pallbearer. No big deal except his grandfather's name was Paul, so he was literally a "Paul-bearer" :rolleyes1 We're big on humor at inappropriate times if you can tell ;)

To the person whose brother made the clown comment, that sounds like something my brother would say and he and I would probably have had a similar reaction :thumbsup2

We were all at my great-aunt's visitation and had been there most of the day, talking with everybody who came. Sometime in the afternoon, my mom, brother, and I were sitting in some chairs over by a window that overlooked the cemetery and chatting with a couple of relatives. My mom suddenly noticed a grave that had several festive-looking balloons affixed to the headstone and said, "Aw, that's so sad. That must be a child's grave," to which my brother replied, "...or a clown's." We burst out laughing and couldn't stop, so much so that my dad suggested we go outside for a minute, as we were "making spectacles of ourselves."

:rotfl2:

My littlest sister farted quite loudly at a funeral (she was sick), and my older sister and I turned and looked at eachother and squealed with laughter. It was so embarrassing. For the next half hour I had my breath sucked in from trying to keep from laughing and I accidentally let slip a really loud HA! I was mortified. Of course I HA'd when it was a moment of silence so everyone heard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter