Do you know the names of the screwdrivers?

Do you?

• Yes, of course. Everyone knows that.

• No, I don't. Who could possibly care about screwdriver names?

• I know all of the tools. I even know what a socket wrench looks like.

• I have never heard of tools.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cool-Beans

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>F
Well, do you?

I've been getting along fine using "plus" and "minus." When DH needs one, he asks for a "small plus" or a "medium minus" or whatever. And I never get it wrong. I always know what that is.

Someone recently heard him ask me for a "medium-large plus" and got all bent out of shape that I didn't know the proper names for the various screwdrivers. Like I have time in my life for that.

I put Mr. I Know The Names Of The Screwdrivers in his place, but it got me to wondering...

There have to be others out there who don't know them.

Do you?

Sure I know their names...the one with the doohickie and the one with the thingie

I do and I know the names of the different wrenches too. I used to help my father build stuff when I was a kid. Too bad he didn't teach me more about car maintenance lol.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Plus and minus??? I have never heard that before!!!!

Yes, I know the names of the two kinds, and the differences between a flathead and a Phillips head screwdriver.

Sure I know their names...the one with the doohickie and the one with the thingie

:lmao:

Yes, I know the tools. I'm married to a mechanic, though. I won't say I know ALL of them...but I know a lot of them. I can differentiate between a socket and a driver, between a hex head and a star driver, etc.

Sure. Depends on the type of alcohol you use, right?

200606012_screwdriver_320x240.jpg

Isn't the one you want always just called, "No, the OTHER one"? :confused3

Cool-Beans, you need an "Other" category in your poll. Not that I needed it, but every poll needs an "Other" category here. ;)

BTW, how did it go, teaching Flippin Kitty to sit? :cat:

Of course I do, it comes with the cajones.

I also forget birthdays and anniversaries and don't ask directions... it's all part of the DNA. ;)

I voted no..I only know if it's like a flat head, philips head, etc. :confused3

I leave the tools for DFiance to deal with. He likes it! :thumbsup2

No, I call them the X one and the other one. My husband gets very frustrated with me that I won't learn them :confused3 .

Heather

Yes. Regular and Phillips. And all the fancy star bits they have out now, and the sockets. Sigh. Sometimes I wish I didn't.

Flat head and Phillips head.
And to really cause confusion...
they are numbered according to size...
#1 phillips.. #2 phillips etc.

I call them "flat" and "Phillips". Is that as specific as you meant?

I can see how the shapes are like a "plus" and "minus", but I've never heard anyone call them that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter