Do you know how hard it is to take a front-facing, closed-mouth photo of a 2.5 year old??

OMG. I had so many issues getting our kids' photos uploaded and accepted. Be prepared for some creative cropping to get the system to accept them.

Omg so hard. I didn't know they had to be closed mouth. We did our check in already, can I go in and add new photos?

My advise for the future: take a video then just screen shot the perfect moment. I almost never take photos anymore because someone blinks or moves but a 20 second video will almost always capture a perfect moment.

Omg so hard. I didn't know they had to be closed mouth. We did our check in already, can I go in and add new photos?
Passport photos need closed mouth, the check-in photos for the ship do not. You can have an open smile for DCL!

🤣. My passport photo looks so bad, I just remind myself that's probably what I actually look like after traveling overnight internationally vs getting onto a cruise ship...of course you can smile for the DCL security photo, that's what you look like getting on the ship!

Best subject line ever. And FWIW my family doesn't contain a 2.5 year old but everyone looks like they are in proof of life shots.
Oh yeah, we all look like we just got arrested. :D
My advise for the future: take a video then just screen shot the perfect moment. I almost never take photos anymore because someone blinks or moves but a 20 second video will almost always capture a perfect moment.
I used to do this when he was an infant and I was checking for new teeth. :D Now I just keep live photos on all the time.
Passport photos need closed mouth, the check-in photos for the ship do not. You can have an open smile for DCL!
Wait really?? Oh man, I went through all that effort for nothing then. :P

It took us a couple of tries to get one they liked for our 4 year old grandaughter. They can smile, but remove any hair accessories -- no Minnie bows! When you are doing online checkin, load what photo you have and keep going. You can keep going even if they give you a message saying they photo isn't acceptable. That way you can get to your PAT faster. You can spend the next 29 days uploading pictures to get one that works. And even if the auto review doesn't accept it, the manual review might (that is what happened to us).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter