Do you keep your pets in your camper?

we take Bruce camping all the time, so he is used to the RV. as some others have mentioned a monitoring system we use the Petzi, it syncs with android and keeps a eye on him plus we can talk to him and hit a button to give out a dog biscuit. He is a Bernese Mtn. Dog, one of the lazest breeds, he pretty much sleeps all day

we take Bruce camping all the time, so he is used to the RV. as some others have mentioned a monitoring system we use the Petzi, it syncs with android and keeps a eye on him plus we can talk to him and hit a button to give out a dog biscuit. He is a Bernese Mtn. Dog, one of the lazest breeds, he pretty much sleeps all day
Lazy Breed? Sounds like my Yellow Lab. He is our 120# Lap Dog. He's a great watch dog too. He'll watch you come in and watch you go out. :)

I always thought the Bernese Mountain Dogs were beautiful dogs though.

Either way, they are our family and lazy or not we still love them. :D

We take our 2 pups almost everywhere with us except The Fort. They are 5 and 2. We leave them in the loving care of our dog-sitter for a couple of reasons. We do not want to schedule our park visits around their established feeding times and potty breaks and to do otherwise would not be fair to them. Probably the most important reason is that we are not absolutely confident that they will be good camping neighbors while we are away - meaning will they bark at a level to disturb others?
We have spent a great deal of time and effort on other extended trips assuring ourselves that they remain relatively quiet. We have gone so far as to park our car away from the site and staying at a distance to observe their behavior when we both leave and return. Unless we are confident that they are exhibiting good campground etiquette, we will not subject our fellow campers to barking. We are hopeful they will accompany us to WDW in the near future.
I know many of you think that everyone is in the parks all day (and night) but you'd be surprised at how many enjoy the peace of the Fort during those hours. Believe me, many fidos are NOT happy campers and bark, whine and even howl incessantly.
I applaud those of you who use your judgement to place them in the care of Best Friends for long or short periods. Our friends have high praise for the facility.[/QUOTE)

In response to above quote I put on by sippican, I have a tiny nervous morkie and an old, almost deaf and blind Bichon and aside from liking taking them, there has been a couple times I wish I had people I felt comfortable leaving them with for extended periods but I don't. It's not always such an easy option. Had bad experience with our little yorkie we had in the past also, when we came back from a vacation where she hadn't been eating when we left her, lost weight, acted strangely, not good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter