Do you keep your doors locked when in the house?

I always keep the doors locked, all the time. It's habit.

Exactly. It's a good habit to get into. If I lived on multiple acres in the country then I probably wouldn't care about locking the door.

I would keep things locked no matter where I was living. Have you ever read In Cold Blood? Bad things happen everywhere.

Always! We feel safer that way and if someone is going to break in, I'm at least going to make them work for it a little!

I usually do just cause I'm a single young girl living on my own so yeah. haha. I live in a good neighborhood though, but I still do. Just habit. Sometimes I don't though if I'm gonna be outside cause it sucks getting locked out which unfortunately has happened to me before. Especially with my car. haha.

I got you beat OP. I live on a 25 acre horse farm. I am here 24/7. When I am home alone I always lock the door. My dogs bark anytime a car so much as passes the house, and even more so when anyone dares to knock or enter my house.

If I were to be accosted, my closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away and nobody would hear me. So if I am attacked, say, outside in the barn, I would be out of luck. But at least I can lessen the chances of something happening in my own home.

Locking the door takes zero effort and could save my life. I am also armed.

Yes, all of the time. I know I might be a little paranoid, but I just feel safer that way.

I have a friend who went on a week long vacation and they kept the place unlocked!:eek: Nothing happened, the house was totally fine but... I can't imagine!

I feel the same way.

If I am in and out the doors are unlocked. This is usually the garage door, as we use it most often. If I get up and do stuff in the house then the doors stay locked from the night before. I live in a safe area.

If I lived in a different area I would definitely keep the doors locked.

No.

We've even fallen asleep at night with the doors unlocked.
Fallen asleep? We've been pulling out of the driveway when I notice that we forgot to close the front door. Wifey's response is, "meh, we'll only be an hour or so...."

We live out in the country.

I keep the main door, (which is never used,) locked all the time, the back door stays unlocked during the day as long as one of us is home, but we lock it at night.

I live in a quiet suburb and always have my front door locked. I sometimes keep my back door unlocked when I am home when I am working in the back yard. However, I have a privacy fence with a lock on the gate.

We are the same way -- Chicago suburb here.

I have electronic locks, and currently have it set so it automatically locks once the door shuts completely. It's easy to turn these off though, and I do frequently when I have company.

The front is always locked. We come in through the garage and it's just me and my husband. We keep the laundry room doors lock too. Some times if we are in the family room, we leave one of the French doors unlocked. But when we aren't there... everything is locked up and the security alarm is on. Same thing at night. I put the alarm on and lock my bedroom door so I'll remember to shut it off before we go downstairs.

Nancy

I always keep the doors locked, all the time. It's habit.

I would keep things locked no matter where I was living. Have you ever read In Cold Blood? Bad things happen everywhere.

Me too. I agree, bad things happen everywhere. I have read of some horrendous crimes that started with an unlocked door. :(

I'll have to look for the book, In Cold Blood, thanks for mentioning it.

I always lock our doors. I had a crazy man come into my home in the middle of the day and that is all it took. I also live in a good area, but it's better safe than sorry.

Our front door gets unlocked when DH goes out to get the morning newspaper. If we don't go anyplace during the day, the door is never locked again until we get ready for bed at night -- if we don't forget.

doors stay locked. I live in a decent suburb of Chicago but crime has been raising in the area. Better safe then sorry.

Locked.

Unless the back patio glass door is open, then that stays open. But locked at all times otherwise.

Here at the lake, if I open the inside door so I can get extra light inside (or fresh air through the screen door), then no - doors are not locked.. When my crew is up here on the weekends, I typically don't lock the door..

When I'm here alone - once it's dark - I lock the door (dead bolt)..

At DD's house all of the doors are kept locked at all times - per her DH's request.. He grew up in a house where everything was kept locked up like Fort Knox and he's never been able to break that habit..

When I was still living in my former home, the only time I locked the doors was at night - when we went to bed..

Fallen asleep? We've been pulling out of the driveway when I notice that we forgot to close the front door. Wifey's response is, "meh, we'll only be an hour or so...."

We live out in the country.

Wow...I live in MIAMI...Doors are locked, so is the windows, alarm is set, gun in holster...need I say more?:confused3

Our doors are locked. It's a little bit of where we live, and living in Philadelphia for too long.

I guess I refuse to believe that a horrific crime will be prevented by locking a door. I live in the country. If someone wanted to hurt me I think they could easily break a window and come into the house. We don't lock our doors while we are home. They are usually wide open in the mornings to warm up the house this time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter