Do you hide how much you love Disney?

My family and friends know I like disney... Even love Disney. But they'd be surprised to find out how much I LOVE disney! That I think about disney alot. When I shop, I find myself saying this would be so cute in my disney pictures!

I wouldn't say I hide it but I'm not disney 'crazy' ( as some would say' with clothes or disney stuff in my house but I love disney parks. I could go all the time and I'd much rather watch disney movies over other movies. So most people just think 'oh she just likes disney' but its really taking over my life lol

Nope, don't hide it at all. I don't really wear a lot of disney clothes, but that's mostly because I don't find the quality and comfort with them. We are stockholders, have art up in the house, collect pins and go regularly. Some people roll their eyes, but who cares. Do what makes you happy.

I forgot to add that I usually give small nuts of advice to people that are going and know I've been recently. I keep it short because I think that is all most first timers can handle - have a basic plan and get up in the morning. I don't think they realize that I am a WDW encyclopedia with detailed plans in my head and multiple apps on my phone. That I look at regularly. I just don't want people to know that I nearly always know the current wait times for TSM, Big Thunder Mountain, and Peter Pan.

I do that, too! I will just randomly tell DH what the wait time is for some ride. He thinks I'm a little nuts when I do that. I tell him it's research for upcoming trips to know what wait times are at certain times of the year. LOL

I don't really hide it but I don't talk about it much. I do wear Disney earrings alot but many people don't even realize they are Disney.

When I worked outside the home, I had a couple of Disney items on my desk for a few years until work started having issues with people stealing so then I took all personal items home so unless someone knew me prior to that, they didn't know I liked Disney.

Now if you come into my house for a visit, you would know. Lots of Disney stuff displayed inside my house. And my facebook pictures have alot of Disney ones.

I don't hide it, but I don't publicize it either. At work, there is nothing Disney related in my office. I do have Disney photos on my digital frame so if you were to watch that it would eventually get there. At home, we have a Disney basement. It is decorated in a Disney theme, and most of our Disney stuff is in there. I have Disney t-shirts but only wear those around the house or to the gym (unless I'm at Disney). I do have two Disney charms on my Pandora bracelet that I wear almost everyday, but even those aren't overly Disney. When I was younger (college age) it was more evident because I wore t-shirts more, etc.

I don't hide it and most people that I know, know that I am a huge Disney freak but no one, not even my husband, knows how much time I spend thinking of Disney! I am constantly thinking about our next vaca- when, how, etc. He would probably have me committed if he knew completely about my obsession. :lmao:

I've got our May WDW trip all planned and now I"m working on our fall DL trip. Still need to convince DH that we need to go but I"m thinking about it everyday. :cool1:

I don't hide it,but know one I know really gets it so I keep it to myself they think its to expensive and only for kids don't get why we also love it. Us going alone for 10 year anniv. Blows their minds haha

It probably used to be more obvious than it is now... Haven't been wearing many Disney clothes, using a Disney purse, etc in a couple of years. Mostly just because I've had trouble finding anything I like :( (Although it does usually attract some attention when I use my Disney Visa!)

It's probably for the best though. There are quite a few people I know (not necessarily "friends") that are very anti-Disney, in a pretty extreme way. (I try, but can't always resist commenting on their FB Disney-tirades!) And several good friends who are less extreme, but still don't like Disney and eye it very warily. They try to be polite when the subject comes up, but I can feel their inward frown of disapproval.

So I try not to be overwhelming, though at this point I don't think it's a secret for sure. But I try not to run it in anyone's face. Which has been really hard now that our trip is getting so close! I have been good and only mentioned it a couple of times on FB, but once we are there, I'm sure I'll be posting pictures and updates at least once a day. It will be interesting to see if I get un-friended at all that week, ha!

Me and my sweetheart love Disney. But I think I love it a bit more. I've loved Donald Duck since I was a kid. I love the Disney Villains so much, that I wear a sweater often with the classic villains on it. I made it a personal goal to meet Frollo at the Halloween party. When anyone plays "Hellfire" I sing the song from beginning to end. I have Disney Songs on my Iphone. Pirates of the Caribbean is my favorite movie of all time. I adore Tangled and watch it whenever it's on. I cry everytime "I See the Light" comes on. Rapunzel is my favorite Disney Princess and Belle is a close second. I openly tell people I love Disney. And nobody really judges me for it. Then again, I have a bunch of nerdy friends just like me.

I don't really hide how much I love Disney but some of my family (my dad and my DS28) both think I am crazy for going so often.

We decided to go ahead and take some other vacations (St Thomas and San Juan Puerto Rico) so that ppl won't think we are obsessed and that we can go other places and enjoy regular vacations. But we will be back at Disney next fall.

I only wear Disney shirts. Nothing else. I own about 40 of them. I wear jeans or capris and Disney shirts. Ppl notice that too.

Heck no I don't hide my love for Disney! I have tons of Disney shirts and sweaters, Mickey earrings, a Minnie iPhone case, and a Disney Dooney. I wear this stuff even while not at Disney. I also collect pins.

We even had our wedding at Disney! The most important day of our lives at my happy place!! :)

Everyone knows my love for Disney!!

Nope, I'm out and proud!

My room is full of the Sorcerer Mickey stuff I collect. I live with relatives, so they always know when I'm planning another trip-"AGAIN?!" is the usual comment. I point out that they go to the same hotel at the beach every summer for a week and I don't go, "AGAIN?!" when they do that.

The only time we hide it is when I'm talking with families or kids who just don't have the means to visit Disney. It just feels like gloating, or rubbing salt in the would so to speak.

I was in that situation growing up. We just couldn't afford it. (I still had an incredible childhood :thumbsup2). I just never thought, or knew, much about WDW at all.

Fast forward to 2010 and our first family vacation, an awesome one to WDW. We're hooked now. :goodvibes:goodvibes Although the thought has run through my mind a few times, wondering if we're spoiling our kids with annual visits.

-Dan

I carry a Disney Dooney and Bourke as my everyday bag and I have an assortment of Disney clothes and I wear my Mickey FitFlops quite a bit but I am more obsessive when I'm planning a trip, but I can discuss other things.

If someone in my life does have a question about WDW they tend to ask me. I'm happy to tell them "No, you don't have to wait until they're old enough to remember it because YOU will remember it and your memories count too and you can always go back again for a different experience."

I've planned trips not just for myself but for friends and family members. Helped them make ADRs and schedule park days and choose resorts. Some people want some info and go plan it themselves and others want me to review what they choose. One was so overwhelmed I just did it all for them and got to spend their $ and I had so much fun. They had a larger budget than I could justify so was able to live vicariously and put them CL at the GF and booked their V&A evening and childcare and a birthday dinner for the DD at CRT and had an engraved glass slipper delivered. It was almost as fun for me as it was for them and I was seriously on the app all the time checking park levels while they were there. It was fun though and they were so grateful.

Ok and last week I found Rosa Regale at my local Kroger and literally squealed in delight and enjoyed it with my Mother's Day dinner and it was perfect. And I've decided that when my son gets married we're going to dance to "You'll Be in My Heart" at the reception...but outside of that no obsession here! LOL

So...do I hide it? A little maybe but it's no worse than being an uber sports team fan or a parrothead or an avid runner or whatever it is you choose to spend your time loving and enjoying so I do it guilt free.

I don't hide, but I also don't put it out there. If it comes up in conversation I have no problem expounding my knowledge of Disney, but I won't start a conversation about Disney.

I have a Disney license plate frame and a Mickey antenna topper on my car and most of my shoulder bags have huge Mickeys on them.

Luckily I live where tons of people go to WDW. I joke that the typical family picture here is of the family in question standing in front of Cinderella's castle.

Apparently I don't hide it well enough since everyone knows it. I do try to downplay it and talk about other boring things. I guess I just don't like people knowing that I obsess over it.

I also try to downplay my WDW trips, especially on facebook, as many people perceive it as bragging. Most of my friends do not live in FL and for them it's a very expensive vacation. For me it is quite inexpensive so I go all the time.

FortForever said:
Apparently I don't hide it well enough since everyone knows it. I do try to downplay it and talk about other boring things. I guess I just don't like people knowing that I obsess over it.

I also try to downplay my WDW trips, especially on facebook, as many people perceive it as bragging. Most of my friends do not live in FL and for them it's a very expensive vacation. For me it is quite inexpensive so I go all the time.

That's me too. Now that we live in FL and have APs, we go every couple months. Most of my friends think we are a little crazy and I don't talk about it or give advice unless asked.

Last trip was spontaneous - went for a quick trip during Fairies week. Didn't even tell my friends we were going because I didn't want to see their eyes roll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter