Do you have Veterans Day off?

Do you have Veteran's Day off?

• It's a holiday and I am off

• It's a holiday and I am working

• It's my regular day off

• Not a holiday where I work

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm working on Monday. The stock market is open and therefore I work. However, my co-workers who work on the bond market have off as that market is closed.

Other - I am currently unemployed. Wish I were working. The company I was laid off from is NOT off.

Like I said earlier, I never had off for Veteran's Day and neither do my kids. They also go to school on columbus day and MLK day.

I can't name one school in our area that gets the day off. Most schools have veteran's day programs for the community and school.

I don't think you want to tread into "unAmerican" territory.

Unpatriotic maybe a better word.

What state are you in?

MLK day is a school holiday for every school around here.

Columbus Day.....there was a big push to drop it as a school holiday because some considered it politically incorrect......but it was in the teachers contract, and they could never come to an agreement that would allow it to be dropped.

I consider New Years, Washington's Birthday , Cesar Chavez Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas to be holidays that all schools observe. Hit and miss holidays in the schools, MLK day usually is...... Lincolns birthday but here some school districts move it to the day after President's Day and tack on 3 non-instruction days to take the whole week off........Good Friday......and Day after Thanksgiving.

Our schools do not take it off and it's not an observed holiday day off at my work. DH will work but get a floating PTO day for it.

I work for the State, and our offices are closed on Monday. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Unpatriotic maybe a better word.

What state are you in?

MLK day is a school holiday for every school around here.

Columbus Day.....there was a big push to drop it as a school holiday because some considered it politically incorrect......but it was in the teachers contract, and they could never come to an agreement that would allow it to be dropped.

I consider New Years, Washington's Birthday , Cesar Chavez Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas to be holidays that all schools observe. Hit and miss holidays in the schools, MLK day usually is...... Lincolns birthday but here some school districts move it to the day after President's Day and tack on 3 non-instruction days to take the whole week off........Good Friday......and Day after Thanksgiving.

I live in WI.

Our schools observe New Years, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Labor Day (if school has already started), Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Cesar Chavez Day? :confused3

Schools are polling places here in California too, but they don't close for that.

They close the polling place schools here because of safety issues. Our school had issues with people wandering the school and grounds, peeking into classrooms, watching the kids at recess, etc. which may not seem like a big deal but with 4 prisons thus some registered sex offenders out on monitored release living in the area, they just couldn't take the chance.

ETA - Veteran's day is a school holiday here and DH has the day off but I don't because my company gives us the day after Thanksgiving off instead as that's what more employees wanted.

Schools are out though, right?

It depends on the school district.

Our district has Monday off. Several neighboring districts do not have it off. And one that I know of had today (Friday) off along with Monday.

Yup, state holiday in California, Colorado and Texas.

I am a CA state worker and have Monday off. I took Tuesday off for my nonpaid furlough day to make it a 4 day weekend. I have to call in for Jury Duty after 5pm on Tuesday and by the looks of my#, I will be sitting downtown at the courthouse all day Wednesday. I am a 9/8/80 worker and have every other Monday off and this happens to be my Monday so I have the day off plus I get 8 hours holiday credit on the books.

We now have NY's Day, President Day (they combined Washington and Lincoln into one a few years ago), Cesear Chavez, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, (they did away with Columus Day a few years ago),Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving and Christmas. The governor usually gives us a choice of 4 hours off on Christmas Eve or NYeve.

Not a holiday here except for government and banks. Lots of "Veteran's Day" promotions, but most of us don't get the day off. Austin schools have the day off but it's an all-day staff development day, so teachers will be at work.

I'm thinking that there are so many people who have never served in the military, that they don't see why Veteran's Day should matter any more.

I have to work on Monday and the kids have school. There are even a few banks open here as well

I'm in upstate NY, and all schools here are closed Monday for the observed holiday. In my area, schools, banks, and government offices are closed for all Federal holidays. If the holiday falls on the weekend then they get either the Friday or Monday off. I am my own boss and gave myself the day off:goodvibes

Yup, state holiday in California, Colorado and Texas.
Cesar Chavez day is an "optional" holiday in Colorado. I don't know any school or business that closes for it.

It is such a "non" holiday in this state that I had to look it up to see what it was and to verify that it actually is a state holiday. It is, but as said, it is an optional holiday. And the majority do not observe it here. However, we always have spring break at the end of March, so it usually falls within a spring break day off anyway.

It is not covered or mentioned in our district's curriculum.

No school for my Kindergartner. I'm not sure whether my daughter in college has classes. Both my husband and I have the day off but my husband is not working because it's his regularly scheduled day off.

Learn something new everyday, I had never heard of Ceasar Chavez day, so no we don't get it off!

We use to get Veterans Day off in our schools, but that ended maybe 20 years ago.

People were very upset until the schools used it for an honor the Veterans Convos. My DS is a veteran and usually attends for his sister. This year at her school they had a really nice program and then served lunch for the veterans and their family member afterwards.

While he works for the federal goverment, DS works at a VA hospital so he will be working that day. For DH, its a regular working day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter