Do you have to wear a real bathing suit in the pool

Jujonia is great! My Mom gets her suits there. She wears "over a 26/28" and their suits are just so nice. She also worried about her "floats" getting out and scaring the grandkids, but the suit did great and no body parts escaped! Gotta love spandex!

Reality is there will be more "chubbies" at any WDW pool than "skinnies." Have fun with your daughter and realize that all the other women are worrying about how they look in THEIR suits, not how YOU look in YOURS! :)

I'm a large lady - size 16 - 20 depending on how careful I've been about eating and I LOVE Delta Burke's bathing suits. I've bought two and they are regular one piece bathing suits, but the fabric pattern and design and support is fabulous. They are pretty expensive ($80-$90), but I feel much more comfortable (appearance and self image) then with anything else.

I also have to agree with the other posters - wear what you are comfortable in. I think the women who look like models probably have some eyes follow them, but other than that, I don't believe any one else cares what you look like. When I go to Disney I take casual clothes appropriate for the temperature, including one or two pairs of sneakers and that's it. I don't even pack my makeup. What are they going to do - not take my money?? Yeah, right.

Do what you are comfortable and have fun. Don't worry what other people think.

I don't don a swimsuit at home, but I do on our WDW vacations and I love it! :) I have such a good time with DD in the pool and I also enjoy the spa areas. At first I was self-conscience about my body in a bathing suit but then I looked around the pool and saw soooo many different shapes and sizes that I became "free" and jumped on into the pool and had a blast!. I have a "jogger bathing suit." It has a tankini top but has short jogging shorts made out of swimsuit material for the bottoms. My bottom is my problem area. :rolleyes: That one though is a little too loose now - hooray! So I have to find a new one and I'm reading with intrest where everyone finds their suits. I'll be looking up a few of those websites, thanks! :)

definitely try the sport shorts suits from Lands End. I think Sears may even have them in the stores. I think they're great because I can wear them to the parks with a tee shirt and then get on a bus to a water park.

I'm married to a plus size woman and love her dearly regardless of her size. I'm not the strapping young man I once was and I didn't give birth to two babies. Our babies were baby elephants, 9lb 15 oz and 10 lbs 11 oz. Go be comfortable and enjoy yourself. I don't mind a little extra weight on a woman, I don't like the stick thin model type who has ice chips for dinner. I dearly love the real women....

Thanks, MBB for bumping this. I wouldn't have missed reading this post for anything!

JenD, I agree that MEN's swim trunks usually cover more than women's and, after I gave birth, i felt more comfortable in a suit and men's trunks than in a traditional swim outfit. I was, initially, quite self-conscoius about my extra weight (I went from a 6 to a 14). However, as others have said, I'm glad I didn't let extra pounds keep me from swimming (part of the fun!) AND I also found that I looked similar to most of the other moms there.

Disney fans come in all sizes and we embrace a diversity of appearance (from Goofy to Minnie, from Pooh to Piglet, from Belle to Beast).

It's all about enjoying ourselves!

Took

I went to the Lane Bryant site where you could order separates,so I got black bike shorts and a tankini top. The best part about ordering separates is that I don't end up with a top too big!! And the shorts were on sale for $19.99!!!!!! The whole shabang cost less than $60.00!! I call that a good buy!

airhead

frann - If there was ever a place you can go and feel comfortable wearing a bathing suit is WDW. I guarantee you that not a single soul will notice you or be the slightest bit interested in what size suit you are wearing. It might be a good place for you to "break free" of feeling self-conscious about your body. Besides a 12/14 is nothing to be fretting about. There are some really cute suits out with shorts and a bathing suit top. Get it in a comfortable size so you don't feel like you are pulling on it to keep it down (or up). Did you ever see the Oprah show with the lady that hadn't worn a suit in 20 years. She put one on and rang every neighbors doorbell. It was so much fun to see her not feel ashamed about her body. I've put on 12 pounds since my last trip and I swore I'd take it off before our November trip but at the rate I am going I will have to buy a new suit. Be proud of having your little one at WDW and send her some positive vibes about being yourself and loving yourself.

the most important thing is for you too have fun.please dont worry about what your wearing at the pool,your on vacation.have fun.

i wear a very nice speedo when ever im at any of the pools at WDW.
:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:
ok thats a joke, i really dont!!!!

i am 5'10" 255# but in the last few years i have started getting DUNLOP.
my belly done lopped over my belt,and when i was young i got a not family type tattoo on my back.when i am in a public area where alot of children are,i tend to wear a shirt or tanktop so as not to cause any problems.

My GF on the other hand is a very small petite woman.
(i still struggle with a good way to put this)
she has a few after market parts,shes not direct from the factory.
she too wears a very moddest 1 piece swim suit. part of this is because 1 time at a water slide to be left unnamed her top came off at the bottom and she was very embaressed.
but because WDW is a family place she chooses to not put her wears on desplay.
this is the same woman who has just about caused my poor neighbor to have to wear a neck brace from turning his head so quick when she is laying out by our pool in a suit that could be classifed as dental floss.

i guess my whole point in the rambling post is just have fun,enjoy the pools and dont be worrying about other people.
your on vacation!!!!!!! and its WDW!!!!!!! the greatest place on earth!!!

:D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter