do you have to wait with reservations?

traci

Doesn't want any Tags
This is our first trip and I was wondering if you have to wait when you have made reservations to dine.

If you wanted to lessen your time waiting since you have 2 small very cute kids, I would make my ressies for before 5:30 if that would fit your schedule. That way they haven't much time to get behind.

Usually a few minute wait, but with reservations we have waited up to 45 minutes. Just depends on time of year, time of reservation etc.

CoolDisneyCat said:
If you wanted to lessen your time waiting since you have 2 small very cute kids, I would make my ressies for before 5:30 if that would fit your schedule. That way they haven't much time to get behind.

::yes:: Any PS we had at 5:00 had no wait at all, but the ones we had at 7:00 there was a wait.

The "Advanced Dining Reservations", which used to be known as "Priority Seating" are not reservations in the true sense of the word. The only real restaurant reservations are at Vicotia and Albert's, the Luau, and HDDR.

Everything else is kind of like FastPass. Effectively there are two lines, one for people with ADRs and the other for Walk-ups. If you have an ADR they ask that you be there about five minutes prior to the scheduled time. For various reasons I have sometimes arrived as much as an hour early, or as much as an hour late, and these were still honored. Basically if you are on the walk-up line you will generally have to wait until there is nobody looking for the same size table on the reservations line.

I have sometimes had to wait for as long as a half hour after my arrival time to get seated. I have also seen times when they have closed the walk-up line.

It also looks like you are going during free dining, you should probably at least make a few ADR's now, you can always change them later.

We tried to check in early (1/2 hour) for our late seating at Donald's Breakfast, and ended up wating a long time (like an additional 20 min after our seating time. That wouldn't have been bad, but the total 50 min. was awful.) Won't do that again! Check in right before (10-15 min.) Hopefully you won't have much wait.
Have a great time.

During the off-season when we go our waits with PS are usually 5-10 minutes except at Le Cellier. At LC even with a PS in early December we waited probably close to 30 minutes. Of course they were not taking any walk-ups at all so at least we got to eat there. :)

Jusy got back a few days ago. And I had all my Adr's set for around 6:00pm. We never waited more than 10 minutes. even in the busy July season, I was so impressed.

The only wait we had was at CMickeys. we had a 7:30 ADR and was seated 20 minutes later which is not bad at all.

My advice....do make ADR's you may not get in where you want to go. Especially with free dining.

Was there a few weeks ago (mid July) and the worst TS wait was lunch (1 PM) at the Crystal Palace (30 minutes). We also had ARs at 50s Prime Time Cafe Lunch 12 PM (5 minutes), Biergarten Lunch 1 PM(no wait), Chef Mickeys Dinner - 5PM (10 minutes).

We just got back from disney on Friday. We took a last minute trip so had no time to make any reservations...we did manage to get seated within 15 min for the Biergarten in Epcot for dinner one night, but had to wait 2 hours at Ohana...

I would definitely make the reservations, you've not nothing to lose but the wait time...

Princess Di princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter