Do you have to mobile order for everything?

Genie-In-Training

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I have a trip booked for late April and I"m just starting to do my research. Haven't been to Disneyland in 10 or 11 years, so it's a whole new game. I have used mobile order at Disney World a couple of times and it was okay, but I was wondering if it's possible to go to many quick service and snack locations without using it. I know there are some places where you don't have a choice, but are there a lot of options that you can just walk up? Thank you. I'm so excited. I need this vacation.

Hi everyone! I have a trip booked for late April and I"m just starting to do my research. Haven't been to Disneyland in 10 or 11 years, so it's a whole new game. I have used mobile order at Disney World a couple of times and it was okay, but I was wondering if it's possible to go to many quick service and snack locations without using it. I know there are some places where you don't have a choice, but are there a lot of options that you can just walk up? Thank you. I'm so excited. I need this vacation.
You can use the regular line instead of mobile ordering, but depending on when you arrive that line and wait may be longer than using the mobile option.

Mobile order will likely speed up your food delivery. If you order from the “stand by” line you will have to wait in that line to get in the food prep line that is being processed for mobile orders. If you are going during a slow period and they are at full staff it may not matter (see tenneycjt’s experience above), but busy days can see 30-40 minute waits for those who mobile ordered and this is after they click “I’m here please prepare my food”. If you have to wait 10-15 minutes to place your order and then wait for the prep it could very well be an hour +. We waited 30 min after “we are here” at SmokeJumpers on December 21st. The good news for us and many others is that you can order the common allergy options via mobile order. When it was first launched you were forced to go to the register to order…The time of day you want to eat may help as well, early/late lunch or dinner could save you a lot of time.

Most places you can walk up and wait in a long line and order if that’s what you prefer. I don’t know why you would prefer that though because mobile ordering is infinitely faster and easier

So standby is sometimes faster if the nearest mobile order window is more than an hour away.

Also for things in demand they might not show up as available in mobile order but will be available when going through standby. If you mobile order something and it’s out when you pick up your order they just refund you. This is mainly an issue at “bakery” shops like Jolly Holiday.

If you have special orders that aren't available via mobile order (like removing a side item you don't want or subbing something for allergies), you have to do that in person.

Thanks so much. It sounds like what I had hoped for. Walk-up option is there. I'll use mobile order when I need to, but it's nice to know that I don't have to. I've used mobile order twice in Disney World. The first time was as great as people say it is. The second time was a pain and I wish I would've just stood in line. There are definitely a few places I can see I will need to use it. Again, thanks to everyone for their feedback. Really helps with the planning.

Thanks so much. It sounds like what I had hoped for. Walk-up option is there. I'll use mobile order when I need to, but it's nice to know that I don't have to. I've used mobile order twice in Disney World. The first time was as great as people say it is. The second time was a pain and I wish I would've just stood in line. There are definitely a few places I can see I will need to use it. Again, thanks to everyone for their feedback. Really helps with the planning.
What happened that 2nd time at Disney World? I’ve used mobile order MANY times at Disneyland and it has always been WAYYYY faster than walking up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter