Do you have to go to resort to check-in?

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
I know on my previous trips I've always had to go to the resort and check-in before going to the park. But, I remember a few months ago they were testing online only check-in. Is this still going on? Is it available in all of the resorts if so? We are staying at All-Stars the first night then moving over to the Poly the next day. So, our tickets, meal credits, etc. are associated with our Poly reservation package. But we'd love to go straight from All-Stars to the Magic Kingdom EMH in the morning if at all possible. Thanks!!!

I believe you would have to drop your bags off at the Polynesian and then Monorail to Magic Kingdom since it is a different resort.

Thanks - I'm asking about the direct-to-room check in process. Is that available to all guests now? Can we use it at the Poly in July? How has it been working as far as tickets and dining credits being correct right away?

Someone mentioned on another thread that it was 'live" now, but I've yet to hear from someone that has actually done it and had success. We're driving in late at night in September, and decided to stay in a cheaper hotel offsite for our first night, since all we'll need is a bed for the night. We want to hit our first park at rope drop at AK the next morning, and we also have dinner reservations at Tusker House at 4:50, so I'm really hoping they have it squared away so I don't have to go by the resort first.

It sounds like you still might have too. Since the Poly is close and you can check in as early as 6am, I think you could still make RD.

For our split stays we've had Disney send our bags to the second hotel while we went to the parks. It's worked well every time for us.

The magic bands associated with your Poly stay will work at MK without checking into the resort.

The magic bands associated with your Poly stay will work at MK without checking into the resort.

I think the actual ticketing part of it has worked for quite some time. The dining part is what I'm interested in knowing if it will work without checking in in person first, or if the virtual checkin is enough.

I think the actual ticketing part of it has worked for quite some time. The dining part is what I'm interested in knowing if it will work without checking in in person first, or if the virtual checkin is enough.
I'd rather spend extra time getting my credits squared away, than have a problem while at a meal. That's just me though. :)

I'd rather spend extra time getting my credits squared away, than have a problem while at a meal. That's just me though. :)

Well, of course that's the plan for now. But, if it's not necessary, I will choose to not go through the extra time-consuming step.

We didn't have the dining plan, but we just got back yesterday and did a split stay. We did streamline check in and I never went to the lobby at either hotel. This is a pic of the email I received. It was so nice and easy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 13
We don't use the DDP, but others have reported here recently that even their dining credits were activated automatically on arrival day when they completed the advance on line check in. I expect it would have to work that way, otherwise Disney wouldn't advertise "by-pass the front desk" or "straight to your room".

pinkvol - that is extremely helpful and it seems so easy! I hope its a streamlined process for us.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter