Do you have a whiny cat?

I have 2 siamese and 2 boys that have learned the fine art of meowing from their sisters. There's constant music in this household except from 1-4am and 1-4pm.

The best part is when the girls escape into the hallway and scream at the top of their lungs, luckily I haven't heard any complaints from the neighbors.

Good to hear this is normal. I've never had cats and our new kitten (well, he's 7 months now, is that still a kitten?) doesn't shut up:lmao: We used to think it was cute to have conversations with him but now he is becoming very demanding. Lately if I don't get up right away when he meows at the bedroom door at 6:20 am PROMPTLY :laughing: he scratches at it until I do get up. If either of us closes our eyes while laying on the couch, he'll pounce on us, meow very loudly and then he bites us in the face. What's with that?:confused3

OMG, I just noticed this thread and absolutely had to post. I seriously think my cat could win awards for 'noisiest cat of the year'. He is a complete attention seeker and will literally howl constantly. He has had to become an almost entirely indoor cat as we were getting complaints from our neighbours about the noise (we would open the door to let him out and, within seconds, he was howling outside). Although he sleeps in the kitchen, when my youngest gets up to go to the bathroom in the early hours of the morning, he hears movement and the howling starts and does not stop until someone has been to see to him - and usually the whole house is awake by then.

Oh, and he snores something chronic - worse than my DH :scared1:

OK, now I've got that off my chest, I'm going to go back and read the whole thread and see if anyone has any great ideas to shut him up :lmao:

This thread is cracking me up! I'm so glad I'm not the only one with talkative cats!

My three NEVER shut up! They have all these different meows when they want different things! Cheeto will come running up to me and meow REALLY loudly, like he's so excited about something...then he'll run to the window and make these funny little chirping noises - there's always a bird or a squirrel he's seen and it's like he just had to come tell me about it!

When we first moved into the new house, Hershey would sit upstairs at night and just yowl and cry like he was being tortured! We'd go upstairs and he'd have surrounded himself with all his little toys, like he was so lost and lonely he made his own company! We'd pick him up and bring him downstairs to put him on the bed and he'd just purr like crazy!

After having these three, I think I'd find a really quiet cat strange! It gives them so much more personality when you can have a conversation with them!!!

:rotfl:We call our tuxedo cat (our quiet cat) Catatouille sometimes because she loves to watch us cook!

That's why we call Jack, that -- he's fascinated by cooking -- and the only "people food" he's interested in is purple lettuce leaves -- he hears me open the salad box and he's right there for bites.

P.S. He wasn't named after Captain Jack Sparrow, but he was named after the monkey that was named Jack. :rotfl2:

I also have a talker. He is a tonkinese. But he really only talks to me and no one else in the house. I am pretty sure he thinks I am the only one that speaks "cat" as I feed him. I come home and he runs right up and tells me about his day and I tell him about mine. I am sure the kitty is telling on his human 10 year old brother. I say "did he really do that?" Kitty - Meeeeeoooow. "And then what did he do?" "Meeeeeeeoooooooooow" Cracks his human brother up!

My cat is definitely a "talker" and it drives DH nuts. He works at home out of his office much of the time, and if I'm in the kitchen doing something the cat is right there "talking" to me and sometimes it gets on his nerves and he hollers at her to shut up. Like she listens to him though. :laughing:

I carry on conversations with her all the time. I love how she's chatty with me!

Okay not to be an alarmist, but has Fergie been to the vet lately?
That's exactly what our talker started doing, this went on for months,
she'd start yowling in the middle of the night, when we'd call her name her tone would change and she'd come get in bed with us and usually settle down. One morning when we got up she couldn't walk ! Turns out she had an abdominal mass that was pressing on her spine and inoperable. She was 16.
If our non talker had done this we'd have taken her to the vet right away, but with Weezie we though she was just wanting attention.

Ugh, no she hasn't. I guess it's time for a visit -- thanks for the warning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter