Do you have a nickname?

No.

Honestly, I don't think that I ever made enough of an impression on folks to get a nickname.

Yes at work but not one generally associated with my given name, it's more of a JLo thing and I find it funny so I actually use it at work.

Yes my nephews got started on the awful Aunt myfirstintial thing by my ex SILs family and I despise it.

No my mom didn't get to pick my name and told my father she would only allow my first name if I was never called a derivative of it, which is fine as I don't like the usual nickname to my given name.

No. And it took a lot of effort while growing up to make sure I didn't get one. My first name is Theresa. Teachers, other parents, etc all tried to make me a "Terri." :mad:

Wasn't happening! I had to make many corrections to keep my own name!

Silly adults. ;)

very much so. In fact its the name that people use 99.9% of the time, I introduce my self as my nickname and it takes new co wokers months to actually find out my real/ full name. In-fact if you ask my kids what my name is it IS my nickname. I have regulars who don't know my "real name" even though they've known me for 7 years a few I have had over to my house and have seen multiple times out side of work. Even though its i guess not much of a nickname its Bre when my full name is Breanne. Though DH usually calls me sweeite, honey, mom, ect but thats just DH.

Yes.
I also have picked up the same "title"/nickname on two different jobs with completely different people, which I thought was odd/funny. I keep wondering if it will show up on my latest gig. :)

Boo!!! What good is this thread with simple yes or no answers. I want to read the actual nicknames. :teeth:

Maybe, does what my wife call me when I do something not very intelligent count?

Do you mean like what I call my DH? F.I. The second initial is idiot. I'm sure everyone can figure out the first initial.

Boo!!! What good is this thread with simple yes or no answers. I want to read the actual nicknames. :teeth:

Do you mean like what I call my DH? F.I. The second initial is idiot. I'm sure everyone can figure out the first initial.
....your DH is fat? popcorn:: :rolleyes:

The name I've gone by since birth is technically a nickname, I suppose. I go by a shortened version of my middle name...Kati (middle name is Katherine). I love being Kati, because I was never a Katherine (and certainly not a Sarah, which is my first name). But dear God, so confusing with medical records, credit cards, etc. :worried:

I used to go by a couple different nicknames. When I was going out to the base clubs, I was one name and when I was going to a skating rink I was another name. No one at either of these places knew my given name. Someone once called for me and my brother answered the phone and took a message. I had to ask him who they asked for to know where I knew the person from. :scratchin I only have one friend who still calls me by one nick name. Now everyone calls me by my given name except if they are mad at me, then I know it is definitely the "B" word. :rotfl:

All my brother's friends call him Anthony, his given name. While family all call him Tony.

My parents called my Christy growing up. I hated it. I was Chrissie or Chrissy in school at times. My boss calls me Chris or C.

I get annoyed when people call me Christine. It's Christina. (I'm not a huge fan of my name. I don't hate it and I was named after my grandmother. it's better than my very 80's middle name)

as far as real nicknames. I was Stagemonkey in high school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter