• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have a "never again" list? Which restaurants are on it and why?

I didn't care for O'Hana or Rose & Crown either. Just not my thing.

Also, I WANT to like San Angel because it is so pretty inside there, but I've eaten there twice and had terrible service and the food is just not that good, especially for the cost.

Also, ate at CA Grill for my birthday last year. Loved the food and atmosphere but our server was awful. I will give it another try though.

Mine is Wolfgang Puck Express. It took over an hour (yes, over an hour) for my chicken to be ready. I thought this was "express"? I will NEVER return here.

I am really surprised that some of you said Ohana! I've been there twice and LOVED it both times. Never had any problems.

Biergarten-worst food I ever had @ Wdw & worst service ever!!!

Garden grill- loved it in 2006, but it's gotten worse every trip...great character interaction, but food is so-so & I always find the chairs to be dirty.

1900 park fare-food was not good...I was very disappointed.

I would never return to Hollywood and Vine. We had a bad experience there once. The food was not could at all and we had to wait forever. the only good thing was the Fantasmic passes.

It was 50's Prime Time Cafe for us. The food was great! It was the darn atmosphere. Our waitress was in true form. I knew going into it that they play a character but she was laying it on too thick. I heard her manager in the hallway tell her to bring it down a few notches but she didn't. It was awful. I don't deal well with being told what to do after a long hot day in the parks and the last thing I wanted was to be nagged during the entire dinner.

This is also on our questionable list but for the exact opposite reason. Our waitress was not in character enough, so even though the food was good, it wasn't worth taking time out from the park.

Unfortunately, we seemed to get the same half-hearted "performance" at many of these types of places in WDW. We go for the fun and the atmosphere, but it's almost like the wait staff goes, "oh just 2 adults, why bother?"

Unfortunately, we seemed to get the same half-hearted "performance" at many of these types of places in WDW. We go for the fun and the atmosphere, but it's almost like the wait staff goes, "oh just 2 adults, why bother?"

My girlfriend and I feel the same way. We find that we miss out on some of the experience because it's just me (26) and her (23) and no kids. We are constantly flagging down characters who skip right past us probably because we don't have any kids when the reason why we are eating at that given restaurant is for that experience.

Never again to Tutto in Epcot. Worst. Food. Ever.

And we gave it two chances. Two very expensive chances. Contadina sauce over lasagne noodles so overcooked you couldn't pick them up with a fork (forced to use a SPOON on both dining attempts).........gaaaaaa so disappointed and SOOO missed the old Alfredo's.

Not a clue what anyone sees in this place.

Le Cellier - this place just sucks. I've never understood the fascination here.

'Ohana - as said, dry overcooked food and waitstaff more intent on turning tables than serving guests.

Citrico's - Snotty service, overpriced average food.

Chef Mickey's- food poisoning in 1993. Worst trip.

Biergarten- I'm sure if you like this type of food it may not be bad but there was absolutely nothing there I would eat besides an apple!

50's Prime Time... we went there a couple times a while ago and the waiters/waitresses were mean. They went a little too far.

Hollywood and Vine... great service but not so good food

Cape May Cafe... great service, not so good food, huge lines to get the food

This isn't really a "never again" restaurant but Teppan Edo didn't really impress me. I love Japanese hibachi (there's one by my house which is my favorite restaurant EVER) and I was so excited for this one, but it wasn't great.

Probably not a "never again", but we have skipped it on a couple trips now. Tusker House.

Last time we went were were one of the first few tables seated for lunch and were seated along the back wall about as far away from the food as we could be and still be inside. I had parked my scooter before going in, but had my cane - you'd have thought they could have put us somewhere more convenient since the place was empty. It's been awhile so I have forgotten all the specifics, but I think our waitress showed up once to take our drink orders - I asked for a diet pepsi and a glass of ice water (I can't take my pills with soda). We took turns going to get our food and while I was getting mine (after DH got his) she brought our diet pepsis...but not my water. DH forgot that I had ordered both and didn't ask about it. We never saw her again. :confused3 I finally asked the attentive waiter at the next table if he could either find our waitress or bring me a glass of ice water - which he did. Nobody picked up our 'used' plates, and nobody offered us a refill on our sodas (which since I had finally gotten my water I was able to drink that too - but it was August - more drinks would have been nice). When we were done eating we sat there for quite awhile looking around trying to spot our waitress so we could get our bill and leave. I don;t remember if we found her or how we ever got our ticket, but I know that when it came DH handed them our room card and TiW card right then because we were afraid it would be a long time before we saw anyone again. Our receipt came back adjusted for the discount - but without the original ticket (which we didn't take time to look at) so we could not compare. I was tracking how much we saved with the TiW card and this did not show what the discounted amount was.

I assume the rest of her tables were elsewhere, which would make it difficult for her to check on us - but even so - that was poor planning on someone's part - not ours. Its been a couple years, and 4 trips and we haven't been there again. But we haven't totally ruled it out for the future.

We've only ever had 3 somewhat bad dining experiences, but doesn't necessarily mean we'd never return...

WCC - There was one waitress who kept yelling across the restaurant, but that was it for any antics. From what I read I was expecting for a more fun atmosphere. Service was good, but the food was nothing more than mediocre.

Chef Mickey's - While the character interaction was great, it didn't make up for the nasty nasty food that night.

Narcossees - The food was outstanding, but our server treated us like we were stupid and inconveniencing him if we asked questions. I know one server isn't a fair way to judge a restaurant, but he made our meal so unpleasant we haven't had any urge to return.

I've eaten at Lotus Blossom several times, and never had the experience of hair in the food, or cold or dry food. The food has always been very good there.

I will not eat at any buffet though. Not because of anything Disney does wrong, but when I see the way people stick the utensils (or even their hands) into the food, it just makes me ill before I start eating. I know I miss out on some good experiences by skipping the buffets, but I can't see paying those prices and not eating anything.

I do feel that if anyone has a bad dining experience, they should give a restaurant a second chance. If they fail after the second chance, then cross them off. But I had my best and worst meals during one vacation at the same restaurant (Le Cellier) and if I'd only had the bad experience, I'd probably have never gone back. The service was slapdash even though the restaurant had just opened for the day so it wasn't busy yet, the food was cold and not cooked correctly, and it took 45 minutes to get my check. But that was my second visit that trip - the first one (same time of day) the food was cooked to perfection, the server was attentive, but not hovering, and it was the best dining experience of the entire trip. So you may hit a restaurant on an off day - once.

I'm so glad you said something about buffets - they completely gross me out too!! There are just some people at restaurants I wouldn't want near my food. And while I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyones hands going in the food, I'm sure it has happened, and I get sick even thinking about it! My DP thinks I'm nuts for not wanting to do buffets (even here at home), but they skeeve me out!

Here's mine:

Planet Hollywood...a fast food burger would have been better.

ABC Commissary....where's the taste?

50's.........bland food, limp fries, apathetic staff

Chef Mickey/WCC..........decent food, discriminatory attitude toward solo travelers/those without kids

Now my faves: Cali Grill (loooove this place!), Le Cellier, Raglan Road, Crystal Palace, and House of Blues!

Anna

The only place we've eaten at that we will NEVER eat again is the Rainforest Cafe in AK. Yuk, over priced yuk.

Sci-Fi--I should of listen to everyone on this one, you were right, I was wrong

Food was just palatable, but the waiter was horrible and rude. plus the dark mixed with the table light hurt my eyes.

I could do with out Crystal Palace as well. Nothing wrong with it, just ok, and Pooh was a poop!

SciFi Drive In and Fish & Chips fast food at UK/Epcot. Oh, and that dinosaur restaurant at Downtown Disney; don't care for Planet Hollywood either. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter