Do you have a beach cart for lugging the cooler, chairs, stuff lol

dopeyprincesses

Mouseketeer
thank you for looking - couple questions please TIA

Where did you get it?
Does it have the vinyl on the bottom for the cooler or just metal?
About how much did you pay?

I saw one at a roadside vendor near the beach and they wanted $60 AND it did have a metal rack to put the cooler on so that was good but I thought I could find it cheaper - I should have bought that one darn! I saw them online at Bedbath for about $40 but I don't like the quality of that one.....the place to put the cooler on the bottom is just a piece of vinyl or canvas.

PS Isn't it a pain to use the stroller at the beach :scared:

I've seen people use those metal rolling luggage racks and they are pretty inexpensive :)

We use our jogging stroller! :laughing:

Wondering where they sell those rolling luggage carts cheappp lol?

Disneymommy - I might have to hunt down a used jogging stroller :thumbsup2

We have a beach cart that I bought online a few a years ago. (can't remember where though) It is really easy to pull on the sand, but we don't put a cooler on it. We have a cooler that has a handle and wheels, so we pull it too.

Target has the luggage things for around $20.00. My mom got DD a really neat (and super lightweight) dolly type thing from QVC, it can haul a lot and it folds in half for easy storage.

I used my beach cart today. Bought it at Tru Value hardware stores about 6-7 years ago. It was called something like Wonder Buggy or Wonder Wheely. Back then i paid $49.99 but i was just about the only one using them....kind of feeling like a lazy slacker at the beach...now they are everywhere. I have seen prices in ads for much less...more like $29.99.....can't go to the beach without it : )

Ace Hardware is another option. Good luck!

I have one and I just love it. I looked around quite a bit before I bought mine and noticed the biggest difference in carts is the wheel size. The bigger wheels work better in the sand and don't sink like the smaller wheels do.

I usually put my cooler on the bottom like they show you but when I get to the sand it has to come out. It really weighs the cart in the sand.

I mine was around 50.00 but I got it half price afer the beach season.

CVS had them and they had 2 kinds.

If you like near the beach most of the souvenier shops have them at least they do around me (Outer Banks and Virginia Beach).

Lisa

We paid $49.99 for the type with the vinyl mesh bottom. We've had it for three years and it has held up perfectly. I take it to our local swim club (pool) and also to the beach. It's great for lugging your stuff from the car to the beach, but once you hit the sand, it's much more difficult to pull.

I got mine at BJ's. 29.00 Its has vinyl bottom, and it works great. Mine does have the big wheels and have no problem leaving the cooler in it. But you have to pull it throught the sand not push. Wondebuggy I think. LOVE IT..worth every penny

We have one. We bought it at Walmart in Myrtle Beach while vacationing there. It was around $30 and this is the second year we used it.
It has a vinyl bottom.
We were able to fit 4 chairs, 2 umbrellas, cooler, sand toys, boogie boards, skim board, towels, etc...very nice:thumbsup2

Target has something like it in the section where the laundry items are (drying racks, etc.) I don't know exactly what they are like since they are in a box and you only have a picture to look at but I've been thinking of getting one anyway. If I don't like it, I'll just return it.

I went to Linens and Things today and I saw this very thing!! They were outside on the sidewalk as you walked in the doors. They were having a sort of sidewalk sale. There was a big sign that said clearance, but I am not sure if it was only the garden stuff or all of the stuff outside.

So, you may want to try linens and things. And don't forget your 20% coupon!

Maggie

I had I think the Wonderbuggy for 2 years & it broke last week when we were vacationing in Montauk. I desparetely needed a new one & paid $64.99 for the wonder plus- the wheels are bigger & there are 4 of them (we had 2 in the other cart) the space to place your items is larger & it even has an umbrella holder on the outside. Do I think I paid to much- of course I do- we will be at the beach 4 more weeks this season & if it lasts I will think it was worth it.

I don't know if this would work for what you need or not but have you looked at Lowe's or Home Depot at the gardening carts?

We bought one of the metal ones several years ago for horse showing to haul hay, sacks of feed, bucket, saddles, etc. It was one of the best things we ever bought. It has four tires and a handle to pull it. The sides will fold up like a large wagon, drop completely down to be out of the way, or lay flat to make the bed larger. They sell for about $70, I think.

The only downside is that they do take up a significant amount of room to transport. Ours rode in the tack room of the horse trailer or in the bed of the truck.

thanks everyone for your help....I'll check out Target and LNT too

momof296&02 - you mentioned 4 weeks left to use your new beach cart....I was thinking the same way but don't forget there's picnics too :thumbsup2

horseshowmom- those wagons are awesome but wouldn't work out in our Civic

I just got back from the beach with my Wonder Wheeler. LOVE IT,I put the cooler and all the bags and towels and toys. And it even has a spot for lounge chairs. I ordered it online a few years ago and it makes beach trips so much easier.

My DSister has an amzaing one, got it in Wildwood last yr(?) maybe the year b4, but it has 2 huge orange wheels and she can put SO much stuff. It's not a problem to pull through the sand either, I don't think that it was that expensive either...$50.00 maybe--mybe $60 but not more than that.

I have the Wonder Wheeler. I bought it at Wal*Mart 2 years ago for $29.99. They also sell the same thing at Benny's. Mine has 2 wheels and it has the vinyl bottom that holds 2 small coolers and it has a mesh basket that holds just about everything else it is has a place to put your lounge chair.

I love it, although sometimes I do have a bit of difficulty pulling it through the beach sand. It is AWESOME for picknicks and going to the pool.

The new ones come with 4 wheels.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter