Do you go without your kid's?

Would you go to Disney without your kids?

• No way NEVER!

• Yes I sure do!

Results are only viewable after voting.
My answer is a resounding yes. I am going without my kiddos and my hubby for that matter, on a ladies only trip and I cannot wait.
Guess I'm just a bad, bad girl. ;)

I could never go without the kids. I will have too many opportunities to do that when they are grown up. They grow up so fast. I just enjoy being with them.

I would, but I'd feel really guilty. Whenever my husband and I get some time alone and I see families spending that time together, i always feel guilty that we didn't bring the children with us. But, I do need that time with DH, that's for sure.

Disney is different, though. I think we'd always take the kids, just because we don't get to go so much. If we go everyother year, how could I leave the kids? DH and I do take trips without the kids, but it is to wine countries, Montreal, places like that. Disney is just a place the kids would have to go. I would never be able to tell them we were planning a trip without them and I couldn't lie to them. Maybe when they are all older. . . .

DH took me to WDW last November for my 40th birthday, without the kids. 7yo DS and 2 yo DD. The kids knew were we went, they weren't too upset though because we just returned from a family trip to WDW, 6 weeks earlier.

This year I'm trying to talk DH into a Dec trip just me and him but again we have a family trip planned in Sept for 10 nights.

DH and I are going without the kids in Sept for our anniversary. If we didn't go to WDW almost every year with the kids, then I might feel horrible for not taking them. I am honestly so much more excited about this trip than any of the others. I can't wait for those 7 nights just us and no giggling children or stop touching me, and stop taking all the blanket. Oh and 7 days of no 17 yr old attitude issues. Please hurry Sept. :cheer2:

Our 3 kids are grown.....the oldest married.....and we're all going to WDW together the end of May!! Including our grandson!! :love:

We once went to WDW with my sister and brother-in-law...which was very nice, but not the same.

With the kids there's laughter, joking and lots of 'remember the time we went on the _____ ride and you ______ :lmao: ?" We re-live old memories.....we see everything in a fresh light since there is a new generation going with us, now :sunny: .

I don't think would ever want to go without my kids.... :wizard:

I haven't gone w/out the kids yet but DH and I are hoping to get away in Feb for our anniversary.

No NEVER!!! We could never even entertain the thought of going w/ out DD. Although we have never been ANYWHERE by ourselves in 5 yo since she was born.
We kind of a "close" family. She's my Miracle baby!!!

My Wife and I will be at WDW May 6th for our 5th Anniversary and our second trip without any kids!

My opinion is if your kids are real young, leave them with Grandma and go and make some wonderful memories with your spouse. As Parents, you will need them later. :rotfl2:

Save the money you would have spent on taking them when they were too young to remember it and put it in a savings account. When they get Married, take the money you saved and give them a Honeymoon to WDW as your gift. They will love it and never forget it.

dustysky said:
I must be as odd as people say I am because I could easily go with no hubby but never with no kids.
Completely opposite of every post I have read.

I must be odd too then because I've gone twice without DH but I went with my kids and would never leave them behind.

We would never go to WDW without our kids unless they're grown up and don't want to go anymore with us. We even bought enough DVC points to be able to book a 2 bedroom villa for my children AND their future children. Here's to hoping. :goodvibes

I'm all for time without my kids for maybe a long weekend or something but not to a child-friendly, child-loving place like WDW; it would be something more tropical.

I voted yes because our kids are now 26 and 22. When they were home we never went without them. There would have been a revolt! As a matter of fact, the first trip that DH & I took by ourselves was when our youngest left for college. When we told the kids that we were going alone it was such a shock to them. Plus we ventured out and started staying a new resorts! Oh the horrors! :scared1:

I wish I had the nerve but I could never do it. It's their favorite place on earth. perhaps when they are much older like in their teens or something and are just sick of it, but I don't see that happening.

When our kids were young, we always vacationed together.

Now that they are older, 23 & 25, they don't come with us and it's GREAT!!!

We all are going to Williamsburg, next month, for a long weekend. This will be the first time we all vacation together since 2003. Wish me luck! :)

At this point, I couldn't go without my kids. We do not get to go that often and they love it so much. It would be a slap in the face to them for us to go and not take them. :guilty:

For those of you lucky enough to go several times a year, I think it's great that you can go without the kids.

as of now we havent made a trip without our kids but we are planning to do so each october for the wine and food festival. we will always go at least once a year with our 2 DS's but our plans are to go a second time alone. of course finances permitting.

Ellajoan said:
Yep, I've gone 3x with my sister and once with some friends. As much as I love to have the kids along, we can eat in nicer restaurants, stay up later, go on "scary" rides and roller coasters without switching off. Yes, I love going with the kids, but they are little (one is special needs) and require a lot more work. A trip with adults only has a whole different feel!

If you change the first line to reflect that I'd be with my DH, I could write the same post (down to one special needs kiddo ;))!

We went for our first grown ups only trip in January, and are going back with the kids in August. :cool1: They got spoiled by their grandparents and we got to eat at restaurants with out looking to see if chicken nuggets were on the menu. :thumbsup2

I say it's a definate DO!

No, but we take a trip every couple of years without the kids. Disney is such a great family vacation place, and so expensive, that we'd have to give up a family trip to take an adults only trip. We wouldn't want to give up any family trips. We used to say we'd have plenty of time after the kids were grown to do Disney on our own..............we may or may not have that now, but we even more don't want to give up those family trips.

If we could afford to do it and the kid trips, still probably wouldn't. I'd spend my whole time thinking how much the kids would love this if they were here.

It'a great without if you can get over the guilt HAHA. Even our adult children want to go every time we tell them we're going, problem is their work or school schedules so we go alone.

A week ago I would have answered no way. But, my dh and I will be celebrating our 11th anniversary in Sept. We always go on just an overnight trip. We were talking about how the free dining was going on the weekend of our anniversary and how it might be fun to do a 3 night trip at WDW instead of a one night trip closer to home. We decided to go ahead and booked a trip to go w/out the kids. It will be the longest we have ever gone w/out them. We never go w/out them except our one night a year for our anniversary. We wouldn't do it this year either if not for the fact that we went with the kids in Dec and our going back with the kids (and every other family member) in November. If we didn't have the Nov. trip planned, I probably would bring the kids with me for the long weekend. So, luckily I won't have to feel much guilt on this trip. I think I am actually more excited about the anniversary trip. I can't wait to do just the things dh and I want to do. That way, when we go back in Nov. we can just go with the flow and not feel like we are giving up anything we wanted to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter