• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you go to the show the first night?

anricat

DIS Veteran
Do you go to the first night show? It's sort of intro-ish and both cruises I felt mixed. One moment I'd be siting there thinking, "oh, this is a good preview of the week" and the next I'm thinking "this is a total waste of time."

So do you attend "All Aboard Let the Magic Begin" or skip?

Last edited:

Do you go to the first night show? It's sort of intro-ish and both cruises I felt mixed. One moment I'd be siting there thinking, "oh, this is a good preview of the week" and the next I'm thinking "this is a total waste of time."

Yes, have attended every one of them.

Yes, we really enjoy the first night show.

While we have gone a few times, it means leaving the sail away early to shower and get ready so we don't anymore. We stay at the "party", even after it ends and there is just music playing, then once we are out of port we might head to the adult pool bar for another drink before we have to get ready for dinner. After 17 cruises we have found we find this more enjoyable than rushing around to make that show.

i dont think i ever heard of that one, LOL. I could swear on the Dream its always Golden Mickeys which I have never seen. Villians Tonight is great!

usually we forget so no, I too, am curious about what the whole all aboard the magic on the seas is all about

We enjoyed the Golden Mickeys but missed Villains tonight so will be sure to catch it next time.

usually we forget so no, I too, am curious about what the whole all aboard the magic on the seas is all about
Basically, it's a very thin storyline about a family about to embark on their cruise (Mom, Dad, big brother, little sister). Several production numbers with the characters and dancers revolving around all the fun things they'll experience. Then the Cruise Director comes out and introduces the individual variety acts (ventriloquist, magician, comedian, whatever) and they do a little bit out of the act as a tease. Then the cruise director tells everyone whatever important information they need to know for the next day. And the show is over.

oh ok, well then I guess we didn't miss much, that doesnt sound as elaborate as the other shows... we loved Golden Mickeys, Tangled, Dreams, etc. but we kind of quietly walked out during Junnk... I felt bad but the kids were getting ancy and I was worried they would disrupt people because they were kind of bored

thanks princess shmoo!

oh ok, well then I guess we didn't miss much, that doesnt sound as elaborate as the other shows... we loved Golden Mickeys, Tangled, Dreams, etc. but we kind of quietly walked out during Junnk... I felt bad but the kids were getting ancy and I was worried they would disrupt people because they were kind of bored

thanks princess shmoo!
Personally, I agree with walking out during Junnk. 45 minutes of intensive, random drumming on plastic cans, cow bells, what have you, was really not what I call entertainment.

Personally, I agree with walking out during Junnk. 45 minutes of intensive, random drumming on plastic cans, cow bells, what have you, was really not what I call entertainment.

LOL, sounds like several acts that have been on America's Got Talent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter