• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you get wet at Epcot?

KristinFromMN

Earning My Ears
Are there water rides at Epcot where you get wet? If so, which rides? What do people typically wear to the park in early Nov? I am thinking wet jean shorts could get pretty uncomfortable!

No water rides as such at Epcot.

There is a warning posted on Maelstrom in Norway that "you may get wet"... but you won't. At most maybe two or three droplets sprayed up when the boat slides to the bottom of the (little) drop.

There are "cooling stations" with the mist sprays going in hot weather, but you aren't likely to be forced to stand in one long enough to get wet. Ditto on the splash areas along the walkways - you can get a little wet if you want to, but it won't happen unless you make it happen.

The only water rides at Epcot are Maelstrom and the Gran Fiesta Ride. I've never gotten a drop on me from either of these.

Just stay away from the splash area for kids between FW and WS.

As for the weather in November (with the understanding that nothing about the weather can be guaranteed), check out this link:

http://www.orlando-weather.us/orlandoweatherinnovember.html

IMO, early November is pretty delightful as far as weather goes (I consider mid 70's to be perfect weather- not too hot, not too cold). We usually wear Ts and shorts or capris and bring along a light hoodie/jacket for mornings and evenings. If it is rainy, we have ponchos or waterproof windbreaker jackets. Sometimes we swim during the trip, sometimes not- it is usually warm enough during the middle of the day, but gets a little chilly after dark.

There was a thread a while ago asking if it was possible to get wet on Maelstrom. The consensus was "no," unless you jump off the boat into the water, or get peed on by a baby.

There was a thread a while ago asking if it was possible to get wet on Maelstrom. The consensus was "no," unless you jump off the boat into the water, or get peed on by a baby.

:rotfl::rotfl:

I have never gotten wet on Maelstrom. A few drips, maybe. The other waterborne rides at Epcot are Living with the Land and Grand Fiesta tour...no chance there unless you fall in (possibly after visiting La Cava del Tequila)

This just made my day. :rotfl2:

I ALWAYS lift my feet to keep 'em out of the water on Soarin'. :)

When my DD was young, we always put a bathing suit on her underneath her clothes because we knew that she would get soaked. And I mean SOAKED. But that is because she would play for hours in the fun fountains in Future World. No getting wet on the rides.

Your penance: listen to the "Living with the Land" song on repeat for two straight hours. You will NEVER FORGET AGAIN.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::woohoo: This just keeps getting better and better. :lmao::lmao:

Poor poor Living with the Land...

Yes, the fountains! We didn't think of this the first time we took DD9 (who was 2 at the time). We went in Oct. After she got soaked in the fountains, the sun went down, the temperature dropped, and she was chilly. I ran into a store and bought a size 3T t-shirt with Minnie on it. She wore it as a dress until we got back to the hotel. She then wore it the next summer as a shirt!

We still bring a change of clothes for the kids whether we think they'll get wet or not. You never know who might spill a drink, etc.

only if it's raining outside.

then I just whip out my mickey poncho and i'm good. :cool1:

Are there water rides at Epcot where you get wet? If so, which rides? What do people typically wear to the park in early Nov? I am thinking wet jean shorts could get pretty uncomfortable!

Never from the rides...now those scary Terminator toliets...they get me every time

The Fountains will spray you while they are performing if you are the side near Mouse Gears. You may also get a mist in front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter