Do you get room service

Sometimes. On cruises sometimes. When I get back to my room late on a business trip and do not feel like going out to get a meal, yes definitely! On personal trips, if we are too tired to go out, yes. It all depends. It is more expensive, but you are paying for the convenience. I don't think twice when I am traveling on business and am tired and can expense the bill though.

When I'm traveling on business, yes. I'm usually in my room working on my computer, and so (in my head) it's justified.

I also hate going down to the hotel restaurant, eating alone, and then see some of my board members. I prefer incognito. :smokin:

Yes, frequently. Sometimes we just don't want to leave our room after a long day to get something to eat. It is so nice to have it delivered, so we don't have to go out. :goodvibes

I love room service. The food reminds me of a menu at a Holiday Inn.....lyrics from my favorite Jimmy Buffett song, Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Yes we try to get it at least once when staying on Disney property. Didn't do it last trip though. Haven't tried it at other hotels

At Shades of Green we get room service for dinner most nights, it isn't expensive there. We also got it once at Big Cedar Lodge. It wasn't any more expensive than going out. At most hotels where the prices are crazy high, no way.

Usually once or twice on a trip, except on our recent trip to Japan where the price for half a grapefruit was $17. :scared1:

Most of time no. There have been exceptions when we were extremely tired or when small children are napping and others are ready to eat.

Never at Disney as we're always up and out early.

On more leisurely trips, I love room service breakfast. We'll be on the San Antonio Riverwalk next weekend and I'll be having a room service breakfast.

MANY years ago-We were at WL on Christmass eve-last night of trip- and my 12 &14 yr old REFUSED to go out that night-we let them order pizza in the room and order a movie.

we had a romantic dinner at Flying fish

they said when the waiter brought it-he was "shocked ' that their parents left them in the room on CHRISTMAS EVE.
;):confused3:wave2::laughing:

We get room service all the time, especially breakfast. In room coffee is usually awful and I have to have 2-3 cups to get going. Also, I only eat breakfast on vacation.

Many years ago when I traveled for business, I used to order room service all the time. I always ordered for breakfast and sometimes for dinner on nights when I wasn't working.

Now that we only travel on our dime, we don't order room service. We sometimes bring food back to our room, but we mostly just eat out. We went to Vegas in July and stayed at the MGM. We could not believe the prices on the room service menu. A pot of coffee was $14.00. A simple burger and fries was like $25.00!

We do if we are on a cruise or traveling on business but otherwise no because we're never usually in the room long enough.

I wanted to do it on our last cruise, but by the time we got to our room at night we weren't hungry.

We have done it a few times over the years. Usually it's when we arrive very late at a hotel and are too tired to go out and look for food. I've done it a couple of times for breakfast as a treat. It really depends on the prices.

if I go on a business trip with Dh.. I will order it once in a while. Figured since I am not paying for the Hotel.. I can splurge a little!!

If we feel like it, sure. Yes I do realize it is not the best choice from an economic standpoint but sometimes we don't want to go out and find something or have to sit through a seated meal when we are exhausted from the day. We are on vacation and already spending more on food than we would if we were just at home (where we mostly eat in) so I don't mind spending a little more for having food brought to me and the comfort of eating in my room in my jammies. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter