Do you get MLK day off?

My company is closed today but my group is in. I work in the Customer Support field so we are always needed :guilty:

Well, I am a mom so actually I keep on doing what I do, but my daughter has school today as well as ballet, no free day for her either!!! :(

I am working today. The company I work for was bought out about this time last year. Prior to that, the company recognized MKL Day as a regular holiday. Not so this year.

However, the company has once again been bought out, so I do not know about next year.

Hubby is a county employee and has the day off.. the kids are also off of school.

I had kinda assumed that dh had today off because he is a manager at an internet site. There is 24/7 customer support but the supervisors and managers and big wigs take ANY holiday as a day off. But not only did he have to go in, he had meetings scheduled for today.

I am a little teeved since I spent all day Saturday in the hospital for preterm labor and am at home on "bedrest" for a few days taking stupid terbutaline every 4 hours for contractions. And now i'm home with all 3 kids and I just took a pill an hour ago.... let the shakes start!

I have to work, but a shortened day, 11-5. Hmmm Maybe I should back away from the keyboard and start getting ready. I don't think they would be very happy if I showed up in my house coat and fuzzy slippers.

DH and I are at work. I must say, my car is looking very lonely in the parking lot. I work in a two-building 5-story office complex in New Brunswick and it's a ghost town today.

It's a regular work day here. I think the next day off is memorial day. :sad1: But I am guessing a lot of businesses around here have off because the roads were pretty empty this morning.

Do you have to work today? I work at an office and we have to work today. I wish we got today off with pay. I expect that most people who work in retail, restaurants, or hospitals have to work today, but I was really surprised to see that just about every business in our office park is open.

Nope, of course, I am a stay at home dad, so I don't really get any day off :rotfl2:

This is a paid holiday for me (federal employee), and DH took the day off.

DH is a teacher and I'm a state employee. We both have off. My kids do not, as their school district does not close for MLK day.

Nope.. but I took the day off so I could take my one son to the doctor .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter