Do you fly or drive on your trips to WDW?

Do you drive or fly to WDW when you visit?

• Drive

• Fly

• Fly and /or drive - almost equally depending on year and/or price

Results are only viewable after voting.
We've considered driving but we've always flown. With about 22-24 hours of drive time we'd need hotels on the way there and back, plus meals all along the way. It wouldn't save us much and would eat precious vacation time. I would consider it if flight prices went to high for my liking but we've done well so far and haven't passed the "too expensive" threshold.
We drive to the cottage (7 to 9 hours depending on traffic) and that's about all I can handle.

fly since we live so loooong away

just google we live 3194.47miles from DWD soo soo long :(

Drove for the first time on our last trip, as it was just DGF and I. Took us 16 hours in her 2001 VW Cabrio (terrible choice). Would I do it again? Probably, as long as we took a car that didn't shake violently as soon as you hit 55MPH :rotfl2:

DH & I were talking about this today. For the past 6 years we have flown every trip, but we are considering driving next year. According to Google it will be a 16-18 hour trip.

For those of you that drive...
Do you drive straight thru?

For those that stop for a night or more...
Do you have a predetermined location w/ reservations you drive to & spend the night?
Or do you just drive as far as you can & wing it as far as finding a hotel is concerned?

Thanks.

We drive. We live in central nj and honestly it's cheaper and easier to drive. We usually stop over night in sc. It's a lot of fun and way easier lol

Out of our 4 Disney trips, we flew 3 times and drove once. We’ve also been to Orlando for 2 non-Disney trips and flew for both of those. The time we drove was mainly because I only decided on Disney 3 months ahead of time instead of 6-9 months and just didn’t have the time to budget in plane tickets. I figured we’d do the beach that summer; but when I brought up summer vacation late February, the children were passionate about returning to Disney. I looked at the numbers and figured I could do it; but would have to drive. Even with the hotel overnight each way and gas, it was $300 less.

That is not what I prefer though. We were back in the air the following year. It’s only my 2 children and me. There’s so much less to worry about for me when we fly. And Southwest always has a direct flight for us; so, we’re there 5 hours after we leave home. 0.5 hours from home to the airport, 2 hours at the airport, 1.5 in the air, then time on DME. Driving meant 5 hours the first day, hotel stay, then 5 hours the next. I’m the only adult so I didn't want to wear myself out. Plus, I just didn’t want to subject my son to any more time harnessed in his seat than I had to so I split the drive. And now that my vehicle is getting older driving would mean renting a vehicle, which would wipe out any financial savings since there are just 3 of us. If I had a larger family I’d likely feel differently.

If I'm by myself, I'll fly but usually i'm not so I drive. It's about 8.5 hours from Durham, NC. I also tend to make stops along the way in the Daytona area to see friends I made living in FL so I like the flexibility.

It's so much cheaper to drive. I just got back from Daytona last week. It cost me $165 in gas round trip. Flying 2 people and a 2 day rental would have cost double that at a minimum.

Usually we fly but we just got back from our second time driving. Stopped for 1.5 days in Raleigh, NC on the way there, but drove straight thru on the way back. Straight thru took 22.5 hours, but we stopped for plenty of rest breaks. Could have done it in about 17 hours.

If we drive again, most likely we'll stop overnight BOTH ways. Fortunately we have the time to do this.

DW likes that she was able to bring a whole tote of all her 101 bottles, jars, and tubes of creams and lotions. :rolleyes1. Plus her own hair dryer, straightening iron, etc. etc. etc.

We've flown 6 times and driven twice. We are over 1100 miles (about 17 hours of driving) from WDW - but we have a large family. 6 round-trip tickets is pricey. So, even with hotel stays, food on the road and gas/car wear and tear, it is still more cost-effective for us to drive. I especially like being able to pack whatever I want, too :) BUT it adds at least 1.5 days each way to travel time. So, if our schedule allows for those extra days, we drive.

We used to fly, but flying is too expensive. So, we are driving. 16 hour trip

we fly.....just for fun I googled it.....and that is why we fly!!

30 h (2,121.6 mi)

We only fly, I have a 6 hour limit on car rides, anything further requires a plane tix. And I hate flying. But I hate driving more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter