• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you fly from Toronto to Orlando? if so, please help.

Mike2023

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
So, i have been looking up prices for our trip next may and I want to know if anyone has anything to say about these prices and if I should go ahead and book now.

Depart May 9th in the Evening,
Return May 26th

$1287.30 for a family of 3. (2 adult, 1 8yo) (air canada)

Does anyone think I can do better from Toronto? Buffalo is about 200 less so at this point not worth it. And we are kinda looking to skip buffalo this time anyways,

Any feedback would be great as I dont fly out of YYZ often.

Thanks

I fly out of YYZ and my general rule is that if a flight is around $400 a person (adult) to Orlando, I book it. But I usually book flights with layovers. Yours is more than $400 a person because you've got one child ticket.

Is it a direct flight or with a layover? Direct flights are more expensive so you've probably got a good deal there. If it's got a layover you may be able to do better.

I fly out of YYZ and my general rule is that if a flight is around $400 a person (adult) to Orlando, I book it. But I usually book flights with layovers. Yours is more than $400 a person because you've got one child ticket.

Is it a direct flight or with a layover? Direct flights are more expensive so you've probably got a good deal there. If it's got a layover you may be able to do better.

There does not seem to be a difference in price in regards to child/adult. They are direct flights.

Keep in mind your quoted price doesn't include any bags, which AC now charges for. 1st bag costs $25/pp each way. With Air Canada I find that $119 per person (pre-tax & fees) is about the best price you'll get from YYZ to MCO.

Have you tried pricing Air Tran out of Buffalo? We're considering a May 2013 trip for Star Wars Weekends and they're coming it at hundreds less than Southwest for our travel dates.

There does not seem to be a difference in price in regards to child/adult. They are direct flights.

Oh hmm I thought there was. Oh well! Then I personally would get the tickets. I've never been a fan of going to Buffalo to fly, but I know a lot of people do prefer that. If you're set on flying out of YYZ, thats probably a good price.

Keep in mind your quoted price doesn't include any bags, which AC now charges for. 1st bag costs $25/pp each way. With Air Canada I find that $119 per person (pre-tax & fees) is about the best price you'll get from YYZ to MCO.

Have you tried pricing Air Tran out of Buffalo? We're considering a May 2013 trip for Star Wars Weekends and they're coming it at hundreds less than Southwest for our travel dates.

Good Bring up about the bags. Air Tran does seem to be coming in way cheaper then southwest. $841.80 for the 3 of us. How are they as an airline?

And on a side note I think I follow you on twitter. haha

Looks like Jet Blue is the winner on the way down. $299.40 for the 3 of us going down. Then maybe AirTran Back for $377.40 plus bag fees.

Okay so my hubby says, "Why don't we go to Orlando for Christmas?" I immediately panic because he doesn't realize the amount of planning that goes into an Orlando trip. We want to do Universal Studios this year.

There are 5 of us: 2 adults + 3 kids (12 y/o twins and a 5 y/o) Anyone know of any cheap flights or should we just bite the bullet and drive?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Looks like Jet Blue is the winner on the way down. $299.40 for the 3 of us going down. Then maybe AirTran Back for $377.40 plus bag fees.

We're flying to BUF-MCO just before you (Apr 30-May 9) on JetBlue. First time to Orlando and from my research, anything out of BUF to MCO for under $250/person is considered good. You're at $225.60 so I'd jump at it. We got our flight for $220 (return), so $440 for hubby and I. It was more than that for 1 person out of Pearson so it was a no brainer for us.

Okay so my hubby says, "Why don't we go to Orlando for Christmas?" I immediately panic because he doesn't realize the amount of planning that goes into an Orlando trip. We want to do Universal Studios this year.

There are 5 of us: 2 adults + 3 kids (12 y/o twins and a 5 y/o) Anyone know of any cheap flights or should we just bite the bullet and drive?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You don't give your dates so it really depends. Also if you are flexible on airports that you in and out off that will make a difference. I just checked Buf and Roc and found following.

Delta Dec 20th - Buf - MLB (Melburne) $120 inc taxes
Delta Dec 28th - MCO - BUF $111 inc taxes.
Total rt $231 inc taxes

I also found the following nonstop flights for $225 rt inc taxes with southwest.

Depart
Dec 19Wed 07:50 AM Buffalo/Niagara, NY (BUF) to 10:35 AM Orlando, FL (MCO) Flight
#893 Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Travel Time 2 h 45 m
(Nonstop)

Return
Dec 27Thu 07:15 PM Orlando, FL (MCO) to 09:50 PM Buffalo/Niagara, NY (BUF) Flight
#4827 Thursday, December 27, 2012
Travel Time 2 h 35 m
(Nonstop)

Total Price: $225.60

If you can't leave till the weekend before Christmas then you may want to fly out of Pittsburgh. We live in Oakville so just over 4hrs for us and love Pittsburgh airport.

Depart
Dec 23Sun 06:30 PM Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) to 08:50 PM Orlando, FL (MCO) Flight
#3265 Sunday, December 23, 2012
Travel Time 2 h 20 m
(Nonstop)

Total Price: $116.80

Return from Daytona Beach to Pittsburgh on Sun Dec 30 with Delta for $137. Anything from Orlando is over $200.

OUTBOUNDSun, 30 Dec 2012| 7:10AMDABto 11:05AMPIT| 1 stop| DL 1146DL 1295 Show DetailsHide Details
7:10AM DAB 11:05AM PIT 1 stop3h 55m DL 1146
DL 1295Economy (U)
Economy (U) View Seats

Total charged: $137.60 (USD)

Total rt $253.

I watch the prices for the airlines in Toronto. My last trip I got a really good deal $1500 with taxes for all 5 of us. Saved me the hastle of driving to Buffalo. Plus the flight was a 10:20am flight. It was a 3 day sale over easter. I got it in an email newsletter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter