• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

do you find PARIS HILTON "likable"?

can't stand her! No talent, no looks, she has nothing but where she comes from. she is a flake!

I don't know what I think of her actually. I know when she was here filming the first Simple Life some people that met her really thought she was nice and that she would keep in contact with them please give me a break! I asked someone the other day (he still has picture of himself w/ Paris and Nicole up on the wall) if he's heard from her lately and he said no but he could go out to LA and see her anytime. I can't believe he thinks that.

I like her. I've liked her since A Simple Life. I like Nicole Richie too. They remind me a lot of me and my best friend when were were that age, minus all the fabo money, that is. :p

I actually think she is fabulous!!!! I'll bet she is much nicer than her celeb-persona as well!!! Whenever people diss on her I always say "so, if YOU were young, gorgeous, thin enough to get away with wearing what she does and you were RICH, RICH, RICH, what would YOU be doing?"

I know for a fact I'd be pretty much the same as Paris!!! :thumbsup2 WTH not!!!

Likable? Not really, but I wouldn't say I dislike her either. I guess I just don't think of her either way. I do think that if she didn't have a famous name and a large fortune to spend on hair, make-up, and fashion, she wouldn't be considered quite so pretty either.

Beautiful yes, likable NO, shes the apitamy of the spoiled rotten rich kid, that has never had to work a real job, has everything handed to her on a silver platter, and has no clue as to how the real world works. Also, maybe one of the luckiest persons in the world to have so much good fortune fall in her lap. She is beautiful though, I think she has a real unique elegant beauty about her, but that's about her only positive attribute.

Absolutely not. I find NOTHING appealing about her at all...and IMO, her ditziness is not an act...I don't think she is that good an actress. I dislike her to such an extent that I won't ever stay at a Hilton hotel, because I do not want to contribute to her inheritance in any way ;) (just kidding about the hotel part)
As far as being pretty or gorgeous...nope can't even agree to that.

The fact that Paris Hilton can inspire strong feelings at all makes me go "Huh." She doesn't *DO* anything...no public causes or opinions that would inspire strong feelings one way or another. It's just interesting to me, YMMV.

Thats kinda what I was saying, she is the luckiest or most fortunate, girl on the planet with all the good will that just seems to follow her around, for absolutely NO reason. She is the Forest Gump of the model world.

I actually like her and can relate to her better than most of the people on this board!

I was a "party girl" myself back in the day in NY and had to be everywhere the "PARTY" was. I hung out with zillionaires and most of them were very unhappy and looking for someone to love them. Paris seems to be quite together compared to the ones I knew. When she asked about Walmart selling walls on the Simple Life I cracked up. I didn't know what a Walmart was until I moved to Georgia, either!

I think she's being who she is and taking it all to the bank. PR people run these people's lives and they give the public exactly what they want. I think she has a good family support and will probably survive this mess but in the meantime I think she's really enjoying it... unlike Britney who is just like the miserable nouveau riches I knew back then!

ButchJohnson said:
Thats kinda what I was saying, she is the luckiest or most fortunate, girl on the planet with all the good will that just seems to follow her around, for absolutely NO reason. She is the Forest Gump of the model world.

But why should this fact inspire strong dislike? So she's lucky...good for her. :confused3

I do not necessarily dislike her. But I think her spoiled, the world should be handed to me on a silver platter attitude, is probably what instills the dislike for some people. I mean I say good for her, the world needs lucky people too, I don't begrudge her for her good fortune, I just think its totally rediculous that she is even famous, and agreed she is a horrible actress, maybe a good model, but not an actress OR SINGER.

No, I don't find her at all likeable. I think she's just like every other prima donna out there. Spoiled and without a care for anything or anyone, except herself, of course.

I'll give her credit for being great at promoting herself, but I don't admire her for it. Show me what she's done for others and I might--MIGHT--change my mind about her.

Momof2princess said:
Do I lfind her likeable....NO.....do I think she is making a fortune by "playing" a ditz.....heck yeah....
I agree. I think she's a horrible role model for teens, the group who seems to be most "drawn to her". Whether she's really an idiot or not, she certainly portrays herself as such.

I watched that Simple Life show once -- only once. She was staying with a family, and she took the young teen daughter out shopping and let the girl spend something like $5000, then expected her mom to pick up the tab. She put that family and the girl in a bad situation. I can't believe the family allowed the show to be aired.

Another time she hit a car while backing out of her parking space -- caused some damage to the other car -- and she just drove away. She was photographed by several photographers! And this is a person who's supposedly revered by our society?

No, not likeable.

Maleficent13 said:
But why should this fact inspire strong dislike? So she's lucky...good for her. :confused3
She's absolutely lucky. Yes of course it would be nice to have as much money as her and not have to worry about a thing. But, I would also put that money to good use. Not use it to flaunt myself. It's obscene.

I got to like her on A Simple Life. She has a sweet side. She loves animals and little kids. And she can be really really funny (although not as funny as Nicole).

I'm not all that pressed about her not doing good with her money. If I held that against her, I'd have to hold it against 90% of other celebrities. Sure its nice when they give away their money, but most of them don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter