Do You Feel Bad When Someone HATES Disneyland?

nunzia

You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys
I was at my second job yesterday working in the stock room and mentioned my upcoming trip. A gal stated firmly that she HATED Disneyland and would never go back. After asking why I found out that she had gone for one day, with obviously no planning, and had gone druing that horrific time frame in 09 when the Halloween thing was so crazy.
I feel bad when people just go with no forethought and run into an unusual circumstance that makes them just hate their trip. :( You can talk all you want about this and that and why, but still..if their first trip is spoiled this way, it makes it unlikely they will try again and discover any sort of magic. Anyone else run into this?

I have run into moms that actually think Disney is kinda of a rip off when you have little kids & have a strong (and not good) opinion about the parks without a prior visit :scared1:!!!!!

More than upset, I feel sorry for all the fun & memories they are missing on, but different strokes for different folks, I guess Disney is not for everyone.

I know just what you mean. Even some of our family members just don't get it. DH and I will be celbrating our 20 year wedding anniversary at DL in March. My BIL can't believe we are doing that instead of Europe and that we are taking DD. We figure she is growing up so fast we want to make as many memories aas we can. It's not that he hates it. He's been to WDW with us twice. He just says been there, done that.

On the other hand a co-worker went to WDW for the first time over Christmas. My sister helped her plan. Things went great and they are already saving for their next trip. We were both relieved:woohoo:.

My sister who grew up going 2 DL just like me didn't get the love it thing. Her kids always go to knotts as it is so much cheaper and just as much fun according 2 my sister. How does this happen? I so don't get her.

I have run into this and my first reaction used to be "I know how you feel". Prior to having kids of my own my last visit to Disneyland was as a teen in the 80's, I don't even think they had fastpass and crowd control was not as strong then as it is today, and we waited for like an hour for each ride so we probably rode only 4 or 5 rides. I had saved up a $100 to go and came away tired, hot, irritated, and feeling it was too much money for what it was worth. That opinion stayed for 2 decades.

Today, I have a better job and the money issue isn't as painful and I have a little girl who loves Disney magic, and Disneyland has way better crowd control. After visiting now, I love it, and I get myself lost in my 6 yo daughters imagination. Disneyland helps me have fun with her!

My best friend is of the opinion that not only does she not want her daughter to even know Disneyland exists, much less take her there, she won't expose her to Disney movies or Disney princesses :scared1:. She is of the Knotts Farm and Sea World make up, and really feels that Disneyland is a mania that is not for her family, thank you very much.

I can see that to each their own. I see and feel the Disney magic, she sees wasted dollar signs and Miley Cyrus. I respect that...leaves the parks a few folks less crowded. :hippie:

I feel a little sorry whenever I come across someone who blasts out that they hate it like that. I wish everyone could get the total joy out of it that I do, but I understand that it's diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. If it's someone that I see on a consistent basis I have managed to spread the wealth a little so that in the event that they do someday go again it will be much more enjoyable.

I get a lot of static from people when they learn that we take our kids to DL a few times each year. You know what bugs me the most? The most vocal 'haters' either have never even been to DL, haven't been since the 70's/80's or went recently during peak crowds and had a terrible time because they didn't bother to research or plan.

In the end I suppose it works out, one less person to wait in line with, right? :goodvibes

It doesn't bother me at all. I don't need others to validate my vacation choices. I also love cruises, and people I know who've never been on one say they'd hate being cooped up on a ship. That's fine. I know people who love going to Mexican all inclusives, and I would never do that. Just not a fan of Mexico. Different strokes for different folks:)

It's doesn't bother me too much. One less person in the parks. What bugs me are the people who make it their lifes work to try to "convert" me away from DL. They have their happy place, and I have mine. Leave it alone.

I' always getting side long looks when I say I'm going to Disneyland again. I go 4 or 5 times a year. I guess if I only went once and saved the money I could take a cruise instead.....but I don't want to. Sometimes I don't even mention to people I'm going so I won't get the "AGAIN" look and speech. Thank goodness one of my daughters loves it too. She has 3 kids. However her twins are just turning 3 and went for their first visit last week. My daughter hasn't wanted to go for awhile because twins can be a handful in a crowd. I've taken her daughter who is 7 numerous times. She even had an AP for a year. My other daughter has 2 kids also and I've taken them quite a few times. I use them as an excuse to go. I'm not one who wants to go alone. Hopefully a couple of the kids will get the Disney love.

i feel that anybody that dislikes disneyland but proceeds to go and spend the ticket money etc should not go. i don't understand if a park guest is going to gripe about food cost and ticket cost and parking cost then why did they go in the 1st place????? and sometimes it's not always the park guests with kids that i hear complaining.....

but then there are those that hate disneyland have never taken there kids.. an the kids grow up to be in there 30's or so and for most of there lives they themselves have missed on the magical oppertuinty with memories that going to disneyland brings.... i feel that if a kid doens't get to experience WDW or DLR when they are little that they are missing out on some awesome memories and experiences.and disneyland is not a rip off when a kid has the best time of there lives--because THAT is where the memories are made for a lifetime

I have run into moms that actually think Disney is kinda of a rip off when you have little kids & have a strong (and not good) opinion about the parks without a prior visit :scared1:!!!!!

More than upset, I feel sorry for all the fun & memories they are missing on, but different strokes for different folks, I guess Disney is not for everyone.

EXACLTY!!!! they are missing out on a memory that could last them a lifetime...

My parents are disneyland 'haters' they don't understand why i go so much.. they don't see the magic in the park, they don't see how i can enjoy it so much. and i tell them that i am doing what i enjoy the best and that is why i have a pass and you don't!

I feel sorry for them that they dont have an open mind to experience the magic of disneyland... It kinda makes me sad.

But on the other hand they are one less person in line for Haunted Mansion :lmao:

It doesn't bother me at all. I don't need others to validate my vacation choices. I also love cruises, and people I know who've never been on one say they'd hate being cooped up on a ship. That's fine. I know people who love going to Mexican all inclusives, and I would never do that. Just not a fan of Mexico. Different strokes for different folks:)

I totally agree with this logic. Some people love themeparks in general - others just go mad for the whole Disney scene and can't get enough of it. I know people who cruise a few times a year - that would drive me nuts, personally, but if they enjoying it, who's that hurting?

The really big problem with Disney theme parks (and most amusement parks, in general) is crowds. We hate crowds. Who likes crowds? So, the question is: why would you subject yourself to that several times per year?! :scared1: That can really wreck anybody's vacation! And unbearable crowds are certainly not most people's choice for a vacation. It's not mine - and it's certainly not DH's.

BUT...we're going to dive in this year...for the kids!!! I didn't get to go to Disneyland as a child, and I always felt ripped off. When I went for the first time when I was 26, I was happy to wait in 1 hour line-ups to experience the magic for the first time!

To minimize the pain, I've bought ridemax and have already planned where to eat, plan to go early mornings, are staying right next to the park, etc. Everything I can do to try to make it pain-free for us adults will mean should enjoy ourselves too.

I am annoyed that I really have to plan this much just to have a nice experience, though. DH is totally against pulling the kids out of school for any sort of vacation, so we're stuck going during busy times. So, that means lots of planning for me to make sure we can make it as enjoyable as possible.

Let's just say, we'll only do Disneyland maybe a couple of times with the kids. I think that's more than enough. There's a load of other vacations we can do that are cheaper, require very little planning, and are a hundred times more relaxing :-)cloud9:), and can be much more educational and unique than theme parks. My theory is that kids appreciate their vacations more if it's a new and different place each time. I know I do. But - some people enjoy the familiarity of going to the same place for every vacation they do. :confused3 Again - to each their own. I know I am thrilled with the aspect that I get to see a different part of the world every year - rather than the same place. I think it makes kids more well-rounded and informed. And, you can still do 'kid things' in different places so kids can have fun at the same time!

Of course, personal finances come into play here. If you can afford to go several times per year during the off-peak times, why not? If you save up for 3 years to go during Christmas vacation - well, it's not going to be the same, now is it?

I just hope our experience is decent enough that DH will agree to us going back. It took A LOT (and I mean A LOT!!!!) to get him to agree to go this time - and I am not even Disney crazy! I just think every kid should experience Disneyland at least once while they're young enough to 'believe'!

Wish us luck!!!

I do wish you luck. Most of us would be happy to help if you have questions. The was a study recently that when asked a child what they liked best about thier vaction, most responded that thier favorite thing was the hotel pool. Their least ideal place for a vacation. . . a museum.

Ive run into people who feel this way i dont really understand it. The only trip I ever went to europe was miserable but that doesnt mean I hate europe >.<

I love that sentence....not needing others to validate my vacation choices. That's classic. Who cares what I enjoy. If you don't like it tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter