Do you expect Annual Pass discounts the week before Easter?

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Trying to decide if I should book expensive and pray for AP or code discounts in Peak Season, or go ahead and book what I can afford before they sell out? Any advice? Thanks!

Book both & if AP discounts become available use them, if not go with what's more affordable for you. :)

but, the best that you can probably get is a DisneyClub or AAA discount, esp around Easter.

Poly GV concierge this last Easter with DC discount cost us $450 per night.

But, hey!
We paid it cause we love the Poly and wanted to be there for Easter!

You never know though.....

prayers are often answered!;)

Originally posted by msim
Trying to decide if I should book expensive and pray for AP or code discounts in Peak Season, or go ahead and book what I can afford before they sell out? Any advice? Thanks!

My advice is to book what you can afford right now. That way you will definitely have a room for the time you want to go. Then watch for discounts and call to make the change when/if the discounts appear.

It does no good at all to book a room in an expensive resort now if you can only afford that resort with a discount. In fact, if enough people do that, Disney may decide not to offer discounts at all. Disney releases discounts based on the number of unfilled rooms - there is no need to offer a discount if the hotel is filling at rack rate.

Good luck!

We had an AP discount at the Polynesian the week before Easter in 2001. We arrived the Friday before Palm Sunday and were there until the Wednesday before Easter. We paid $240 for Poly concierage and it was great. Now, I could be wrong, but I don't think there was an AP at the Poly the week before Easter in 2002. If there was, I missed it. Carolyn

I can only speak for 2002, but I know there weren't any AP or code discounts for the week before Easter. Only AAA and DC discounts were available.

The only major discounts that were offered during that time last year was for residents of certain states, mostly close to Florida. Who knows what will be for this spring? Given that there is a special Disney Club package that has just become available leads me to believe that there may be a code for this spring. But I would think that if there is going to be a code, then it should probably be coming out pretty soon. We'll see...

Last year I was able to get Coronado Springs at $79 per night and AKL (Standard) at $129 the week before and thru Easter. It was a busy, but fun time.
I think I had them both reserved at a higher rate, and when the discounts came out I called & they reduced my rate.
Good luck!

I am also looking for a few nights during Easter week. I called about All Stars Music but no AAA discount there. If I want to try the moderates, do I call AAA or Disney direct again? Is the discount 10% or more. Thanks.

I book both too, God Bless the people in reservations ,i drive them crazy every time i book vacations.

Since the code discounts this year only seem to go through 4/9, I am wondering if the AP's will go any further. Any ideas?

We are arriving the Wed after Easter and are wondering the same thing.
I currently have DC discount, that is for 15% off at CSR.
When checking on the rates I was told that AAA was blacked out for the week around Easter, April 18 - 26.
AnnaS...call Disney direct first and ask about your dates...you may get the same answer I got. My experience is that if you go to your AAA agent they only sell "packages" that include tickets and/or airfare.

msim....book what you can afford, then look for discounts. There are never any guarantees that discounts will come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter