• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you exercise while at WDW?

On our last trip, I was training for a 5k, so yes, I did get up every morning and run. I plan to do the same on our next trip, but will bring my resistance bands to add a little variety. They are nice and light weight to pack! Super excited to run around POR! Last time, it was ASMovies, not as exciting!:yay:

Normally we don't because of all of the walking and swimming we do. I have never left WDW heavier than when I arrived.

I'm going to try to this trip. I always stay at values, so I don't have a gym available, but I plan on running at least every other morning while I'm there on the path around hourglass lake at Pop and Art of Animation.

I think its better to run around outside than a stuffy treadmil indoors looking at some news program on the media. You can do that at home. I would much rather take in the scenes around Disney. You could also hop on a bus to MGM and run that footpath that takes you to the Epcot resorts...then you can jog around the Yacht and Beach clubs, Boardwalk. You would never be far from a bathroom either...plus its pretty.

To those of you who have run the Boardwalk, would you happen to know what the full distance is (just around Crescent Lake).

thx!

cewait said:
But there is so much more than the lake loop.

Do tell.....
Looking for places to run. Training for a half and have 2 kids in cross country that need to train while on vacation. TIA!!

But there is so much more than the lake loop.
::yes::

Do tell.....
Looking for places to run. Training for a half and have 2 kids in cross country that need to train while on vacation. TIA!!

Here's the official "jogging" map of the EP resorts:

epcot-run-path-550x743.jpg

I ran a couple combinations while staying at BCV this summer, including 7.5 miles stitched out of half a lake loop, the Boardwalk canal path up to the DHS entrance plaza and back, more lake loop, the Buena Vista Dr./ Epcot Resorts Blvd. run route, and a little more of the lake loop. :thumbsup2

I love to run around crescent lake, up and down the canal to DHS and back, repeat 2-3x - probably my favorite place anywhere to run!
However - on our upcoming trip next month, we are staying at OKW for the first time and would love some tips on where to run there. I think you can run to DTD, can you also run to SSR and loop back around?

Not unless I'm training for a race, like when we were at disneyland last August. We were there for 7 days and I ran twice. Our pedometer put us at 6+ miles of walking per day in addition. And FYI, I think you can walk more and more of it is hilly at DL than at wdw. Now,back to exercising on vacation.

If we are n a cruise or a beach or something like that, yes, I try to. But at wdw- nope. Even if I have to be very strict with my diet when I return I'd rather do other stuff that I never have time to do at home in real life (like shop, lay at the pool). Ive yet to gain more than 1-2 pounds at wdw and we go for 8 days and eat at least one sit down meal a day. I don't eat Mickey ice cream every day but I do love main street fudge and I drink a lot more calories on vacation! It's actually one of the reasons I love going to wdw- I can indulge a little and not gain! I do still do some lunges, squats and other various things at night because of my PT regimen.

I disagree that the walking is not enough exercise. For some people it is. It depends on what you normally do! And when I did do my running during and after our walking at dl, I was in much better condition than "normal" and it felt much easier. I attribute that to the extra plain old walking.

After tracking with my Nike+ the amount of walking we did at Epcot one day, I don't run while at resort (unless a Rundisney event).

Ten miles of walking that one day at Epcot....

I'm going to be staying at one of the All-Star Resorts next month for the W&D but would like to get in a few "shakeout" runs in the days leading up to Nov. 10. I imagine my options from there would be pretty limited no? Maybe the parking lots...lol

I would still run, although it would be a lesser than normal run due to the amount of walking we did each day. For example, I currently average 4-5 miles per run, but would only do around 3 each morning. This last trip we stayed at Beach Club, and it was just an awesome place to run around. That's the thing about being at WDW, they have some of the best and most scenic places to run around.

. That's the thing about being at WDW, they have some of the best and most scenic places to run around.[/QUOTE]

Too true! My son and I went running around the boardwalk area for an hour. I kept jumping up and down with joy. It was so beautiful to run!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter