Do you ever......?

no1swfan

Earning My Ears
Stand in line for a bus to return to your resort, watch two buses for another resort go by with no one waiting for them, and say to yourself, "Gee, I should have stayed there"?

The last few trips to WDW I have stayed at the value resorts and each time the bus waits were nearly a nightmare because of the huge amount of people staying at the values. Also what seemed to be very few buses assigned to my resort compared to the other resorts.

The few times I have stayed at a moderate the wait didn't seem to be as bad.

Of course this is just a circumstantial observation and not truely based upon any facts as far as how many buses are assigned. It just appears to be my luck that several buses will go by empty while I still wait for one!

There are more buses allocated for the deluxe resorts then there are for the value resorts. That's one of the ways Disney is able to offer a lower price for a value resort.

The reason the bus lines at value resorts seems so long is because the buses run less frequently. Which in turns causes a larger backup of guests.

There are more buses allocated for the deluxe resorts then there are for the value resorts. That's one of the ways Disney is able to offer a lower price for a value resort.
And it's why you pay more for a deluxe resort. You wait less, your busses are less crowded, so you pay more. You wait longer and there are more people on the bus, so you pay less. Pretty standard, really.

:earsboy:

It always seem that way, no matter where you stay. For example, we had this situation at both POP and CBR(or CSR, do not remember). Bus simply did not come and the parking lot got empty and CMs arranged Mears buses to bring us back. So you see, it does not matter value or moderate or Deluxe, may happen anywhere and you know "grass is greener on the other side", so it always seems that others get away from park faster.;)

that's so weird, don't you think ? considering the values hold more people (because of the amount of rooms) wouldn't it be better to increase the buses there ? (I see your point though that it keeps the prices down....but it keeps tensions of those on line high) :lmao:

I'm just saying........ :confused3

I remember having the opposite happen when we were at CBR. We were trying to go to AK, I think it was, from the hotel and had to wait about an hour for a bus. Quite a few buses for the other parks came by.

It is just bad luck! When we stayed at POR the buses from All Stars and Pop kept passing us. Then when we stayed at CSR the bus for POR was always waiting there!

that's so weird, don't you think ? considering the values hold more people (because of the amount of rooms) wouldn't it be better to increase the buses there ? (I see your point though that it keeps the prices down....but it keeps tensions of those on line high) :lmao:

I'm just saying........ :confused3

I guess as the PP had mentioned, you get what you pay for. If Disney assigned a few more buses for the values they would have to spend cash on the vehicle, payroll, fuel, mileage, etc. There is no way they could spend all that money and not pass it onto their guests.

Also you have to consider some of the deluxe resorts have other means of transportation besides the bus (monorail, friendships, ferry's).

it's an absolute fallacy that deluxe resorts get better bus service than values. just like many believe that deluxe resorts get better placement at the bus depots, which is patently untrue.

what it is a case of a watched pot never boiling and the grass being greener on the other side.

in fact, the values have a decided advantage with the buses in that POP doesn't share with other resorts and has only one internal stop. Even All Stars, which can share -- but only between them -- has the resorts right next to each other.

on the flip side, because ridership for deluxes in general is much lower, they have to share more with additional resorts which can make the actual transit time longer depending on which resort you're at, since the resorts aren't next to each other. the only deluxe resort that had any value-like perk was DAK that doesn't share due to its isolation and used to only have 1 internal stop (now up to 2).

so the only real advantage to deluxes in my personal history and opinion is that it's much easier to get a seat.

The reason the bus lines at value resorts seems so long is because the buses run less frequently. Which in turns causes a larger backup of guests.

I have to say I dont agree with this at all. The worst bus service we have had is at Beach Club. We have stayed there 2x and both times it was awful. We have stayed at Pop and Carribean Beach and Port Orleans too. By far Port Orleans was the best. All trips were during busy times too.

Sorry to say that the deluxes do not have more buses and values less.

It is the luck of the draw. WDW's bus system is something to behold, it is a fine tuned machine. Buses are directed as to where to go depending on a few factors: How many people are waiting, how long it has been since the last bus left and one other one that escapes me at the moment.

Can it feel like your resort is the only bus not coming? YES all the time, but if you really time it, it isn't any more it is YOU feeling tired, hot, or left behind. LOL

There are times that we have felt like the most deprived people at WDW waiting for a bus..."why me", and then there is those times where as you approach the line the bus pulls up!!! Glory and thank you!!

It is the luck of the draw and timing...nothing more.

Sorry to say that the deluxes do not have more buses and values less.

It is the luck of the draw. WDW's bus system is something to behold, it is a fine tuned machine. Buses are directed as to where to go depending on a few factors: How many people are waiting, how long it has been since the last bus left and one other one that escapes me at the moment.

Can it feel like your resort is the only bus not coming? YES all the time, but if you really time it, it isn't any more it is YOU feeling tired, hot, or left behind. LOL

There are times that we have felt like the most deprived people at WDW waiting for a bus..."why me", and then there is those times where as you approach the line the bus pulls up!!! Glory and thank you!!

It is the luck of the draw and timing...nothing more.

ITA!
Its also kinda like the whole "It was in the Last Place I looked" theory
:rotfl:

More buses allocated to the deluxes is false. Here's why... At the beginning of the day, Disney uses their bus system to allocate so many buses for each resort and each run. This allocation is supposedly due to the attendance at those resorts. After that first stop, the system re-routes buses to their next location. Buses are routed to different locations throughout the day. The reason I know this is on one of our last trips this June, we rode with a bus driver in training and his trainer explained it to us. So a bus driver may start at AKL (like he did with us) and then not get back to AKL until later in his shift. Contrary to popular belief...buses are not allocated to one resort or a driver doesn't run the same route over and over.

With that tid-bit of information, then I'm going to trump the thought about values not having enough buses. It's not so much they don't have enough buses as they have the most rooms. Yeah, CBR has the most rooms for the resort, but that doesn't take into account there are 3 All Star resorts that share. There may be a flaw in the system as far as how they allocate buses because as of now, I think it's mostly due to transportation CMs that relay information to dispatch as far as the need for buses...

Just when I think I know what im talking about.. Im gonna stop thinking :headache:

I've noticed whatever resort I'm at that the one that seems to have the slow buses.

myabe someday all passes will be RFID and there will be sensors at teh bus stops. Then they could have real time head counts at the bus stops.

It would also be useful in tracking all types of guest patterns.

they've already tried this (not RFID).

at each of the hubs, there are cameras trained on the queues. the objective of the Magic in Motion system is that software automatically monitors the individual resort queues at the hubs and dynamically dispatches buses all on its own.

they've been trying this for more than 5 years now, it's had nothing but problems.

Here's what I want to know. Has anyone made a study of which resorts have buses closest to the entrance of each of the parks?

In other words, which resort should I stay at if I want my walking time to the bus stop at the parks to be the shortest?

I always contemplate this about 11pm on my way out of Magic Kingdom.:rotfl2:

(And don't say to drive myself! :) )

We stayed at Pop last year the week before FD and didn't have a problem with the buses at all except when we went to AKL for dinner and were trying to get back to AK. It must have taken a good 45 minutes for a bus to show up for that and a few other buses came about 5 minutes before it for some of the other parks.

Here's what I want to know. Has anyone made a study of which resorts have buses closest to the entrance of each of the parks?

In other words, which resort should I stay at if I want my walking time to the bus stop at the parks to be the shortest?

I always contemplate this about 11pm on my way out of Magic Kingdom.:rotfl2:

(And don't say to drive myself! :) )

I so do the same thing!! lol

Somehow I think they are all different at every location. But would like to know this myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter