Do you ever stay at same resort every time?

The problem I see is the fact that you pick the Polynesian as your first resort. you already started at the top so in my opinion it's going to be hard for others to compare to that with that being said I would still explore other options maybe something comparible to price that you're comfortable with. After having a number of restaurants, nice size beds, elaborate pools with water slides, and ease of transportation to MK , you won't be able to honestly compare a value that has nothing that the above mentions.

Of course you can compare the resorts to each other, even if the amenities are different. Pools with water slides don't matter much to people who don't swim and ease of transportation to MK doesn't matter much to people whose favorite park is Epcot or Animal Kingdom. The Poly isn't everyone's favorite resort and the amenities offered there may not be everyone's cup of tea (especially once the cost is factored in). The only way to really know what you like best is to try different places.

Our first trip we stayed at CBR and it was okay. Then we stayed at POP a couple times. Then we had 5 people one trip so we tried POFQ and it was nice. Then POP a couple more times then had 5 again so we tried CR and I loved that one, lol. Since then we have done only POP as that seems to be our all time favorite. Short stay at ASMU once but didn't care for it.

We have stayed at Pop every time we have been. In Feb I wanted to stay at AoA but was out voted by my kids and also no discounts available in the Little Mermaid rooms. Next year (hopefully in the fall), I am staying at AoA and want to stay a couple of days at the BC.

Yup..We stayed many places, but once we stayed at BC /BCV, we pretty much stay there every visit

Our first trip we stayed at CBR and LOVED it. Stayed there again the next year. Third year I wanted to stay there again, but hubby wanted to try WL - said it was a dream of his since he was a kid. So I booked it (in my head it was begrudgingly LOL)

Not sure what my deal was, because WL is amazing!! Currently we are booked there for later this year. I would stay at CBR again - and I do want to try some other resorts, but like others have said, it's hard not to go back to somewhere you loved, and what if you don't like the new place as much? :rotfl:

We use to try different resorts but once we stayed at Poly in 2010, that is where we have stayed every year since.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

We love Animal Kingdom Lodge and have stayed there the most. However our last trip we stayed offsite and our next trip we more than likely will stay onsite at a different resort. We had a DVC at AKV and we had to sell, so now it's renting points for DVC or picking a less expensive resort, OOP is way too high!

I do both :confused3 ;)

We prefer the Polynesian and have stayed there many times but we may stay other places depending on what discounts are out and who we go with. For instance, last summer we had to stay at a moderate resort due to some of our group's financial situation. Then our small family switched after the larger family left WDW and we went to BWI in 1 bdr because it was the same price as the Poly and we wanted the space of the 2 rooms.

I also have been very lucky to attend conferences in Orlando so I use those opportunities to try out new resorts to see if we would like them as a family.

But if we only stayed at the Poly for the rest of our Disney vacations, we would be very happy.

While you may have a great time at another resort, more often I have had the experience that I did not like the resort as much as my favorite and then the entire time I am wishing I was at the other resort. But I am risk averse and like knowing what's ahead so it is very stressful for me to have the unknown. Where others find the unknown to add to their enjoyment and excitement. So figure out where you and your family are in that spectrum!

We always stay at POR for a couple reasons

1. It is the only moderate resort that holds a family of 5
2. We are not value resort people so that would not work for us.
3. Deluxes look amazing and one day when I have more $$$ I will stay in one. But for now the family of 5 ones are out of our proce range.
4. We love POR. The grounds are amazing, 6 pools, boat service to DTD. It is lovely.

Our first trip we stayed at CBR and it was okay. Then we stayed at POP a couple times. Then we had 5 people one trip so we tried POFQ and it was nice. Then POP a couple more times then had 5 again so we tried CR and I loved that one, lol. Since then we have done only POP as that seems to be our all time favorite. Short stay at ASMU once but didn't care for it.

HOw did you stay at POFQ and CR with a family of 5. Only way it is possible is if one is under the age of 3. POR is the only moderate that you can put 5 people in a room (all over age 3).

Part of the fun for us is staying at different resorts.

ITA!!!

I will say that we had a stretch where we stayed at OKW 7 trips in a row - it's our favorite and home resort- but before that we had another 6 trips in 5 different resorts. I do like checking other resorts out; we've stayed at all the moderates at one time or another, and many deluxes; we've done a 1 or 2 nights at Pop, and then this year we did our first 2 ASMu stays; one trip was 1 night before checking into our first time at BCV, and the 2nd trip was 5 nights at ASMu. Being able to check out other resorts just puts in perspective how much we do enjoy OKW, but there are some little things that other resorts have, like more dining options that make other resorts a little better.

We decided on what resort with the pin code Disney sends us. Have not stayed at a deluxe resort yet but that is OK because I rather have the money to keep returning to WDW:goodvibes We would like to try POR in June 2014!

We usually stay at ASMu... we did one split stay in the past with a few days at AKL. I fear that has spoiled us and we'll never find another resort like it. We have decided to make ASMu our home base, but do a split stay at every trip from now on. We are contemplating POR or CBR this time. And who knows, maybe in the future our split stays will be mod/deluxe! :cloud9:

We decided on what resort with the pin code Disney sends us. Have not stayed at a deluxe resort yet but that is OK because I rather have the money to keep returning to WDW:goodvibes We would like to try POR in June 2014!

I agree with the pin code or discounts released. That is why we booked poly this time because we got 35% off the room rate. I don't think I could stomach rack rates. For our dates this year it was over 500 per night! As it was we paid what we would spend for a week at bonnet creek for two nights at the poly....it was a hard sell to my DH but he knows I have always wanted to stay onsite so he indulged me!
We are doing a full disney vacation with all the parks next year as we have only done MK and AK, hoping for the stay play and dine deal to be released or another good room only discount again!

We stayed onsite for the first time at the poly two weeks ago and I fell in love....am considering booking there again for longer next year but wondering if I should try another resort? Do people stay at the same resort every year or branch out and try different ones?

This year we only did two nights and it wasnt enough! Next year is at least five nights!

We did the first couple of times, then started to branch out and try new places. I'm so glad we did since we found so many places at WDW that we love. :goodvibes In fact, we have so many that we like that we can't choose just one and we tend to do split-stays now whenever we go so that we can stay at 2 favorite resorts.

First place we stayed was Wilderness lodge, then AKL, POP, AKL, then we decided to buy DVC. We didn't want to stay at POP again, the place is so crowded, and it was costing a lot OOP for deluxe rooms. After we got DVC, we stayed at BWI, BLT, BC, OKW, AKV, AKL, WLV, and SSR. Can't beat deluxe accomodations for so much less money. Worked out great for us, we're not losing out on anything, plus the studios have kitchettes which is a big plus compared to regular rooms. I think my favorites are AKL and OKW.

POFQ. I can't wait to get there again. We stayed at POR last Oct. in a royal room and I don't want to go back ever again. As pretty as POR is, as much as I liked the quiet pool next to Oak Manor, I missed POFQ way too much. :sad1:

My goal is to try different ones each time. Honeymoon was POR, last trip was Poly, This one is a few days at POR for the RR and then BWI. My dh hates Disney :( so I am not sure when we will get to go back. When we do I want to try either CSR or CBR and do another split with either YC or BC :)

We have yet to stay at the same resort twice, we want to try them all. The only two resorts that we would absolutely stay at again (from the ones we have stayed at) are POP and WL....but, we must continue on with our quest. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter