• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever regret a post you made?

A little off topic, but I'm always surprised the few times I've seen that happen - not oversights, but out and out different backgrounds that one person will post on different DIS forums. They may not realize that several people forum cruise and will see those discrepancies and that there will be a backlash.
The only backlash was apparently towards me. Swear to God all I asked was whether or not it was 2 or 3 kids...I don't think I even used a snide smiley.

I can't say I've regretted any posts, but on occasion wish maybe I had worded things differently as people ended up completely misconstruing what I was saying. I know any time I click on this board & see I have 10+ notices, my instinct is usually, "Hmmm, what did I say last time I was here?".

Sometimes it's a tough line we walk trying to keep 'harmony' on the boards. My experience is that when it's pointed out conversations tend to go down the path of tearing the person apart. I don't agree with misrepresentation on the boards, but as long as the person isn't scamming people out of money, or otherwise hurting people, then I tend to moderate to keep the boards from becoming an attack ground. I've seen these type escalations over the years, and that is why I personally moderate that way and will step in right away if I see something rather than wait and see how it pans out. Unless someone is being blatantly rude/attacking I typically give a warning, more to document that I sent a PM letting the poster know that I deleted the post and please not do that again.
You've always been one of the fair and square ones, MJ. :thumbsup2

Yes and No. Yes, because I should have worded it differently and the way I wrote it was used against me. No, because I was very hurt by what I considered my best friend had done. Someone from here sent her the post and my now ex-best friend stabbed me in the back. Ended up in court and she lied about some things, but because of the way I phrased something, I was in the wrong. What hurt me the most was that she actually thought that I was capable of violence against her. I was caught off guard because there was an addition to the court documents that was supposed to be submitted to me prior to the court date and I did not get it. When it was submitted, I was supposed to receive a copy, but the court did not send it to me. Once everything is over, my husband will be filling a complaint with the court.

I regretted one of mine when, after it had been deleted and points given, I realized that the mod has completely misinterpreted what I intended to write. I was trying to say one thing, and what he read was something completely different and utterly offensive.

That one bugged me. I hate being misunderstood, especially on something like that.

Generally points don't bother me, though. Sometimes I consider it a bit of a win (like the time I got points for quoting certain lyrics from "Under the Sea" - bwah-ha-ha!).

Sometimes I regret getting into a fight with someone, just because it gets tedious after awhile, as we go around and around, and get more hyperbolic all the time. That's when I know it's time to step away from the boards for awhile.

Had that happen once but after a little explanation they were removed. Well that time:rotfl2:

No regrets, some cringing the next day but no regrets.

Yes and No. Yes, because I should have worded it differently and the way I wrote it was used against me. No, because I was very hurt by what I considered my best friend had done. Someone from here sent her the post and my now ex-best friend stabbed me in the back. Ended up in court and she lied about some things, but because of the way I phrased something, I was in the wrong. What hurt me the most was that she actually thought that I was capable of violence against her. I was caught off guard because there was an addition to the court documents that was supposed to be submitted to me prior to the court date and I did not get it. When it was submitted, I was supposed to receive a copy, but the court did not send it to me. Once everything is over, my husband will be filling a complaint with the court.

Wait... You got taken to court over a post on this site? That's crazy. What ended up happening?

Wait... You got taken to court over a post on this site? That's crazy. What ended up happening?

justgrace - she had a temporary order of protection against stalking placed on me. I am not allowed within 1000 ft of her business or house or her. She tried to say that I was also stalking her Facebook business page. I told the judge that since it is a public page, anyone can look at it. If it was a private page/group, she could block me from the page. We have both blocked each other on Facebook and I have also deleted others who I thought were friends but found that they were giving her information off of my FB page because I blocked her after the actual incident that I wrote about.

I had no intentions of ever returning to her business so I have no problem with staying away from her, her house or her business. As I said, I am more hurt that she actually that I was capable of violence when I have never done anything to hurt her. I was the one who was always there for her when she needed a shoulder to cry on.

But she got to where she didn't need me any more, so provoked me (actually tried to provoke me) into doing something. I didn't take her bait, so she continued doing things to block a project I was trying to do as a fundraiser for a civic group. She belongs to the group too and between her and her mother, has influence over most of the board members. They informed me that I could do the project, but not associate it to their group and then if I wished to make a donation I could. Unfortunately the project required contacting former participants in the event the civic group holds every year. I had a couple participants willing to work with me, but then when I contacted them again, they would not answer my emails. I decided that it wasn't worth the effort to put my time into doing something to raise money for them. I was doing all the research and was going to have a small book published in honor of the 50th annual event next year, paying to have it printed myself. Any money raised from sales would have gone straight to the civic group.

It was after finding out that I was being road blocked, that I made the post.

Her husband went to my daughter's work (a major hardware store chain) and she works at the service desk. He went directly to her and asked where he could find something. At first my DD didn't realize he was talking to her, but then she answered him in a polite, business manner. He then said that he missed seeing his other "daughter". She responded politely by saying that he was the only one and then got some one to assist him to find what he needed. When the "friend" goes in to this store, she avoids the service desk like the plague. She almost ran into my DD twice because my DD was away from the desk. When she saw my DD, she turned into the first available aisle she could. My DD just laughs about it. She can't wait til she is on the floor permanently because she said it will be funny watching her go all around the store to avoid my DD.

Thankfully I have never even run into the "friend" since the court date.

I can't believe someone from the boards thought it was their business to seek out a stranger on the internet to show them your post. Well, maybe I can believe it...

justgrace - she had a temporary order of protection against stalking placed on me. I am not allowed within 1000 ft of her business or house or her. She tried to say that I was also stalking her Facebook business page. I told the judge that since it is a public page, anyone can look at it. If it was a private page/group, she could block me from the page. We have both blocked each other on Facebook and I have also deleted others who I thought were friends but found that they were giving her information off of my FB page because I blocked her after the actual incident that I wrote about.

I had no intentions of ever returning to her business so I have no problem with staying away from her, her house or her business. As I said, I am more hurt that she actually that I was capable of violence when I have never done anything to hurt her. I was the one who was always there for her when she needed a shoulder to cry on.

But she got to where she didn't need me any more, so provoked me (actually tried to provoke me) into doing something. I didn't take her bait, so she continued doing things to block a project I was trying to do as a fundraiser for a civic group. She belongs to the group too and between her and her mother, has influence over most of the board members. They informed me that I could do the project, but not associate it to their group and then if I wished to make a donation I could. Unfortunately the project required contacting former participants in the event the civic group holds every year. I had a couple participants willing to work with me, but then when I contacted them again, they would not answer my emails. I decided that it wasn't worth the effort to put my time into doing something to raise money for them. I was doing all the research and was going to have a small book published in honor of the 50th annual event next year, paying to have it printed myself. Any money raised from sales would have gone straight to the civic group.

Her husband went to my daughter's work (a major hardware store chain) and she works at the service desk. He went directly to her and asked where he could find something. At first my DD didn't realize he was talking to her, but then she answered him in a polite, business manner. He then said that he missed seeing his other "daughter". She responded politely by saying that he was the only one and then got some one to assist him to find what he needed. When the "friend" goes in to this store, she avoids the service desk like the plague. She almost ran into my DD twice because my DD was away from the desk. When she saw my DD, she turned into the first available aisle she could. My DD just laughs about it. She can't wait til she is on the floor permanently because she said it will be funny watching her go all around the store to avoid my DD.

That situation sounds.... lovely. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. :(

Losing her as a friend is the best thing that has happened to me. The hurt is what is taking longer to get over. But get over it I will.

I am focusing on my family and the friends that I know I can trust. I am getting ready to submit a notice to have the injunction dissolved. Then I can truly move on and never have to think about her again. I am seeing a counselor to help me with the hurt.

Life goes on. :smooth: :coffee:

Does this involve a dance studio and a garden club? You say someone has intruded into your personal life based on the things you've posted here before, and I feel like you're already doing the same thing all over again. Please use caution in what you post online this time around under your new username.

Sorry not me. I know the post you are talking about. I will use more caution than what I did on my previous post. Sometimes I get going on an explanation and go too far. My fingers type faster than my brain reasons. o_O

Does this involve a dance studio and a garden club? You say someone has intruded into your personal life based on the things you've posted here before, and I feel like you're already doing the same thing all over again. Please use caution in what you post online this time around under your new username.

I should elaborate on this. My situation happened on a Crafter's Forum and not the Disboards. I was in lurker mode when the other incident happened. They are similar situations. I knew one person in that particular mess. It was a HOT MESS. No one wanted to be near either of them.
But my situation was not posted here on the disboards. The reason I remember the incident is because the Poster had a name that my brother and dad called me as a kid "Mari'

The person who sent the information was from that forum not the Disboard forum. But after going back and reading some of what was said, it sounded like at least one person was going to contact the other person the poster was talking about.

Generally don't regret stuff I post, evening the rare instance where I've gotten points.

Sometimes stuff needs to be said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter