Do you ever feel like you get rude/sarcastic comments?

V2000

DIS Veteran
Has this happened to anyone?

Be nice people. We come to dashboards because we are excited about our vacation. Sometimes we can be nervous about the crowds, weather, events, or whatever. We might need questions answered that a thousand other people have already asked.

I love coming to DIS because I love talking about my upcoming vacation and hearing about other people's experiences. Let's keep it friendly and not burst someone's Disney bubble with rude or sarcastic comments.

What do you think?

For the most part yes, this is a friendly board. I have been around for a while. I don't like snarky comments and thank goodness they don't happen often.

Yes, I am new to posting here even though I've been lurking for a few years. One of the first times I posted, someone was sarcastic. I took offense, but the person did apologize. It is very hard to read someone's tone.

Ok, let's get back to planning our vacations!

People are pretty welcoming here. Just don't start a thread about selfie sticks, scooters, or how much you like the new FP+ system and you'll be ok.

This is: :offtopic:

I'm sitting here on the DIS in my livingroom at my dorm. One of my roommates was behind me and asked what forum I was on. She started asking me questions about it and we got into a 30 minute explanation from me about the "hot button" threads on DIS. Don't forget the Brazilian tour groups!! She enjoyed hearing about them and I have to say I loved telling her. lol Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

"If I lived back in the Wild West days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

I feel like this site is for helping other people
4ce11.jpg

"If I lived back in the Wild West days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

You know what's better than Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey?

Nothing.

I was attacked on the Disabilities board here, of all places. I will never go on that board again. It can be like a competition there, whose child or family member is the most in need of help or more disabled? I choose not to play that game. But it is the only board here where I have experienced that.

Life is too short, we all need each other's help and understanding and patience.

Yeah, it gets pretty rude on here sometimes. And it's crazy what sets some people off! The most safe topic turns into a Dis War! And a lot of times it's the "Dis veterans" that bully people! That's why I just recently started visiting again. I'm learning to try to ignore the idiocy of select members and only seek out the good. Still, it's like a car wreck: difficult to look away. But it's not good for the soul.

I was attacked on the Disabilities board here, of all places. I will never go on that board again. It can be like a competition there, whose child or family member is the most in need of help or more disabled? I choose not to play that game. But it is the only board here where I have experienced that.

Life is too short, we all need each other's help and understanding and patience.

Wow. Just, wow.

Yes. I joined in 2007 and my post count is VERY low because I don't feel that the boards, especially TPAS, are very welcoming. It's very clique-y, in my opinion. I've recently started trying to post more, but I still spend 98% of my time just reading here and the Trip Reports without saying anything.

There's definitely snark here, but it's incredibly tame compared to some forums I've been on. These boards seem to be pretty well moderated so stuff gets squashed pretty quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter