Do YOU dress up for Pirate night?

We did for our Magic cruise in 2011, and we will be doing it again in October on the Fantasy.

This a picture from the last cruise

100_0186-1-M.jpg

This time, the two little ones will be doing Pirates League and my wife and I will be dressing up with costumes from home.

I do dress up sometimes because my costume is extremely detailed it requires it's own suitcase, therefore if I cannot avoid that extra luggage fee at the airport I do not bring it.

Hehe. The lil dude with the mustache cracks me up!

Yes we will be dressing up too again. I have an awesome cavalier hat too and lots of accessories from my renaissance faire days.

I will say I think I'm skipping the corset next time in favor of a wide stretch belt! haha too much eating I need to do with dinner and the pirate buffet!

Hell yeah we dress for Pirate Night. That's the highlight of our cruise. We plan for it lol. My kids are still saying arrg!! after couple months of the cruise lol.

No, never. But I love to look at the costumes of those who do. I have room in the suitcase for shoes or costumes - guess which wins? I also hate packing so one less item to plan works for me.

You'll see lots of adults with and without children dressed up so whatever makes you comfortable. We usually plan for Palo's or Remy's for pirate night and plan not to go to the pirate party but we always end up there anyway. Last cruise for the first time our tablemates talked us into going to the pirate buffet. We had late dining and were still stuffed from dinner but did go in and had dessert crepes. So glad I did. That really gets you in the mood and gives you maximum opportunity to appreciate everyone else's costumes.

Go for it!

Yep, I'm waiting for the post-Halloween sales to stock up on Pirate gear. It also helps that a local school mascot is the Pirate. pirate:

We haven't yet but we really want to for the next cruise. Just seems like every cruise we get busier and busier.

The personalized Tee sounds like a great idea.

Did you guys do iron-ons or ordered them from Vista (or similar)?

We haven't yet but we really want to for the next cruise. Just seems like every cruise we get busier and busier.

The personalized Tee sounds like a great idea.

Did you guys do iron-ons or ordered them from Vista (or similar)?

I just bought the iron on transfers at Walmart and printed the designs on my ink jet printer.

My 6-year old dressed up as a parrot. It was a hit. I actually forgot to pack part of my costume (Pittsburgh Pirate Jersey).

We all dressed up. My DH and I had Mickey pirate shirts from Etsy and our girls each had pirate-y clothes and accessories. But we didn't see too many other people dressed up at our early dinner seating. Maybe because it was just a 3-day cruise and people didn't want the extra baggage? :confused3

One of our favorite moments on our first DCL cruise was posing with Capt. Jack Sparrow. I had given one of our daughters a necklace that looked like the pirate medallion from the first POTC movie. Capt. Jack's reaction was perfect. He took one look at that and jumped back about 3 feet and proclaimed he wanted nothing to do with it. "Cursed that is, mate!". His delivery was awesome. pirate:

My mom and I will be going shopping after Halloween this year for our Sept 2014 cruise. My ex and I dressed up in 04' and I can hardly wait to do it again on our 14 night EBPC cruise. Keep your eyes open for 2 old wenches. :rotfl::banana::rotfl::banana:

We are all dressing up! The boys and I are going to be making homemade pirate costumes and ours will each have our own twists.

DH claims his goal is to have the meanest looking pirate costume ever. He said that if one kid gets scared and cries than he will have been successful. I gave him the evil eye and said in my best pirate voice "Then, I will make you walk the PLANK you mean, nasty pirate!"

BTW, I found mustache tattoos that are pirate perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have the hottest wench in town in our family....only opportunity to display is Halloween and pirate night! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter