Do you dress in coordinating clothes at WDW?

corlyjones

Earning My Ears
We are planning our family's first trip to WDW for the last week of May. I have heard that some families all wear the same t-shirt, theme, etc. My two sons will be turning 2 and 4 while we are there and I think this would be fun for them. Do any of you do this? Have you ordered the Design-your-own Disney shirts for this?

I think our trip to Disney is the ONLY place I could EVER talk my DH into wearing something remotely matching the boys and I - HA! :rotfl2:

Yes we do.
We wear matching Disney shirts on each day of our 7-9 day trips.

DH, DD12, DS9, & I have about a dozen sets of matching Disney t-shirts (we also have matching long-sleeved Disney tees & sweatshirts).

We all wear black (sometimes navy blue...depends upon which shirt) shorts each day.

It makes the pictures look great & we get lots of comments from cast members.

I get many of the shirts from Disneyshopping.com but have gotten a few sets from the Disney store. I also made us a set of the Mickey swirl-head tees that I found on the Creative DISigns forum.
We also created a set of tees on Disneyshopping.com...we did "Lilo & Stitch".

**BTW, WDW is about the only place I could ever get the family to agree to wear matching ANYTHING. :)

**BTW, it makes packing clothes for our trips VERY easy.
I just pack all of our matching shirts & make sure everyone has about 5 pair of black shorts & 2 navy pairs.

We did dress alike. We all had "Micky" shirts and "Incredible" shirts that I got on sale at the Disney store. The rest of the days we all wore the same color shirt. Blue one day, orange another and so on. I also made Micky head sweatshirts that we wore a lot (we were there in Feb.) DH didn't mind once he realized how much it helped to keep everyone together.

I put my girls in matching or same line Gymboree and Hanna the whole time we were there! But this is not what you really meant, is it? ;)

1st I have to say mamaoftwoprincess, your siggy picture is just precious. I love it! Love, love, love it! princess:

We have been known to do this once in a while. We had matching outfits from the Disney store, blue Hawaiian Mickey (dresses for DD and me and a shirt for dh.) We have worn them a few times. Too bad DD is too big for the dress. Her little sister can fit in it now, but I need to find something fitting for her instead. I found it once on ebay, but let myself be out bid.

The other thing we have done is in my siggy. It is Mickey head tie die shirts that we made (found the directions here on dis). It was really fun to all wear them, we even ran into another family with similar shirts (homemade.) we looked at each other and said "disboards." It was pretty funny.

My girls often wear matching T-shirts, because they like it. They look cute that way too. If they didn't like it I wouldn't make them.

DH and I are going to WDW on Monday, just the 2 of us. We are brining out tye die shirts, but it will be odd wearing them with out the kids.

We get matching shirts for our vacation PJs but thats about it. I know some families like to do it, but we are just not a clothes matching family.

After I read about it on the DISboards, my kids liked the idea of wearing matching/coordinating shirts on our trip. See photo in sig! These were not Disney shirts. They were things they already had in their wardrobes. I was pleased because it was easier to spot them and the pictures look good.

We plan on buying matching shirts from zazzle.com, plus I really want to make the tie-dye mickey heads that I've seen on the boards.

I watch the disney store for the $5 tshirt sales and buy several sets of matching shirts for my boys. I also buy them a new matching pair of pj's that tink leaves as a surprise for them in the room on the first night. I like having them in matching outfits because it makes them easier to spot.

We've gotten a lot of mileage on some Disney Store tropical themed shirts we got a few years back for our whole family going on a trip. They have Mickey and Minnie with a tropical pattern and came in kid and adult sizes.

We have to wear them at least on day of our trip, and ALWAYS get fun comments from CM's and others. We've gotten past the trauma of the "matchy" thing, and it is super helpful to find your family in a crowd of people when you know exactly what shirt they are wearing. Other days we try to wear similar colors anyway for the "easy to find" thing.

I know these shirts aren't in stock anymore (used to have matching mom and daugher dresses in the line too), but in recent years I've seem similar tropical themed family shirts at Disney Stores and online. We even got to wear them while being Grand Marshalls in MGM parade - talk about getting attention!!! Here is a photo of some of our family after the parade getting a surpise meet and greet with Lilo and Stitch in MGM's VIP lounge room (Thanks to CM Hank!!!) Special pic for us since that was my dad's last trip to WDW with us - he passed away that fall.

2181120050506-FamilyWithStitch-crop.jpg

We noticed how many families did on our last trip and I think it will be fun, so we're going to do it this time. I won't force the children to do it when they don't want to anymore, but right now we just have a toddler. And, DH can handle it a few days a year! :rotfl:

This is so funny. Since our DGS is autistic. I just order t-shirts with the autistic symbol for all of us.

We have always worn matching outfits on our family trips, not just to WDW but also on whale watch trips and such. I like it because:

1. It makes it easy to identify one of us if we get separated;
2. Packing is so much easier;
3. It brings the family together visually in the photos, and maybe it rubs off a little in a sense of bonding (it did to me, anyway, but see below).

DS doesn't care what he's wearing and likes the concept in general, but this past year DD completely rebelled against the matchy thing - although she said she'd have no problem matching with friends, it's just her family that embarrasses her at this preteen stage. :rolleyes:

We don't. :) The DH would kill me! :rotfl: I know his relationship with my mom was seriously injured when she insisted everyone dressed the same for a family picture a few years ago.

And I really don't know if it would work with my kids so far apart in age and different sexes at this point in their lives anyway. :)

No way! DH & I won't even wear the same color and the boys are at the age where they won't either.

For the record you can get stuff for babies to big kids that would match(no characters) from Hanna Anderson. Wonder clothes last forever don't shrink, though a little pricey unless you catch a sale.

We have ordered tshirts from zazzle for years now, in every color available. It does make it easier to keep track of the delegation. Last years, friends joined us, and we wondered if they would get into the matching shirts. They loved it, and really enjoyed picking out characters, phrases and numbers.

We don't dress in totally matching outfits except for maybe once during our trip to WDW but I do try and pick things for us to wear that "go" together b/c I'm kinda dorky like that and like for the pics to look nice. I don't obsess too much over it but if it works out I think its cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter