Do you dream about disasters?

KristaTX

♥DIS Veteran♥
I often have dreams in which I see tornadoes in the sky and have to take shelter. And now I'm having dreams about fires with all the fires happening in Texas.

My husband doesn't remember many of his dreams, but he does occasionally dream about seeing airplanes falling from the sky. So do I.

Maybe people in other places dream about flooding, earthquakes, hurricanes, blizzards.

I used to dream about nuclear bombs going off when I was a kid in the '80s.

Yes, usually after there has been stories of them on the news, etc.

Sometimes.

For years I've had a reoccurring dream that I am outside and I see a plane go down. I've had this dream ever since I was a preteen. I've always felt guilty, because I didn't run to help anyone, but ran the other way.

After I had my first child, the dream started changing and now I run and help the survivors (there are always survivors and some have very minor injuries - strange). Sometimes when I see a low flying plane, I get a flash of anxiety because of the dreams.

Last night I dreamed that I could see the sun close up and it was shifting and kind of oozing and then all these huge solar flares happened all over it. It was really scary. I felt like the world was ending.

I had a dream earlier this year about watching a disaster on CNN. I was in a baby nursery and there was a TV. I put it on and it automatically went to CNN. It showed Swindon, England (a place I never even heard of) and the earth was opening up. I saw horses head's being decapitated and people running. The camera was shaking. This was in my dream.

I did at one time in my life. Through therapy I learned that these dreams were more related to how I felt about my own life rather than anything I'd seen on the news, etc. When I felt that something in my life was out of control or a disaster (i.e. relationship, money) I would dream about a runaway train.

I have one dream that I have had many, many times since I was very young. In it, I look out a window and see a tornado. I want to warn everyone, but I can't speak. It is a very frustrating dream! I have no idea why I've had this same dream so many times. Very few of the details vary from time to time.

As long as I can remember, I've had a recurring dream of being on the Oakland Bay Bridge and it collapsing. I still have this dream. It strikes me as odd, because a segment of the bridge did collapse during the Loma Prieta earthquake (which happened before I was born). It still freaks me out quite a bit.

I know what you're talking about. I had the same problem a few years ago. Crazy Nightmare that really got me paranoid.

I spoke to someone who went through something similar. All the person said was that you're skeptical and paranoid about majority of things in life. The negative thoughts are what cause these nightmares.

What I suggest is work on yourself. An optimistic approach in everything you come across can permanantely solve this problem.

Hope this helps !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter