Do you cry at Disney?

Yes, sometimes as we pass under the WDW sign as we enter Disney property I get teary eyed. The first time each trip that I walk out onto Main Street and when I see the castle. During Wishes and sometimes a parade.

But best of all is watching DD’s various experiences over the years at Disney which gets me crying, whether it is an interaction with a character, a CM or just her look of excitement and wonder about something she is seeing.:love:

I am so excited about the Fantasyland expansion and have watched a few videos and get teary eyed so I know I’m going to get emotional when I actually see it in person.

All the time, I cry when I see the castle for the first time on our trip, every trip it seems. When the Good Life Commecials come on the TV, ALWAYS during Wishes.

I'm very sentimental. haha. :wizard:

Whenever I walk down Main Street for the first time. This year will be tough as Disney was my Dad's absolute favorite and he passed in April. I'm sure he'll be there waiting for us :)

Oh goodness, I think I'm just going to be a puddle when I get there in February! I'm dabbing at my eyes just reading these posts. Thanks everyone for sharing!

This trip will be my first with my husband. I've been pesting him since we married 12 years ago to go, and now it's FINALLY here. I haven't been to WDW since I was a teen. When I booked over the phone this summer, the CM gave me my reservation number and then asked if there was anything else. I started crying, and couldn't even talk. She was so understanding.

I think I'm going to cry the entire time that I'm there. I'm sure the photos of me will look great. :eek:

CakeArt said:
Whenever I walk down Main Street for the first time. This year will be tough as Disney was my Dad's absolute favorite and he passed in April. I'm sure he'll be there waiting for us :)

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure he will be there with you.

healthrn said:
Glad to know I'm not the only one. One show that gets me the most is Illuminations especially at Christmas when they add "Let There Be Peace On Earth".:santa:

Oh no. Illuminations makes me cry anyway- I may be sobbing when this happens. :)

Every. Single. Time. lol I always get teary. Especially at MK. The rope drop, the castle, all of it lol

Every. Single. Time. lol I always get teary. Especially at MK. The rope drop, the castle, all of it lol

Ditto & ditto & ditto. Every. Single. Trip! Every time!

Usually many times during the tip & almost always I get that sudden realization that we are right in the middle of making a wonderful memory. That it's not a memory yet, it's happening RIGHT NOW. Those 'moments' are just :goodvibes x 100.

Yep! I am a 44 yr old man who tends to be more sentimental and emotional than most. I took my wife, DS7 and DD5 to WDW for the first time in Feb 2012, and teared up several times during the week. One of my favorite memories is walking onto Main Street our first day at the MK. I looked over at my wife, and both of us had tears in our eyes. We just felt so much joy and happiness for our kids, our family, and our lives that it was overwhelming. My wife and I felt that way several times during our trip. Of course the whole family cried when we got in the car and left the Polynesian after check out. Looking forward to some more tears in Feb 2013!

graceandhayes said:
Yep! I am a 44 yr old man who tends to be more sentimental and emotional than most. I took my wife, DS7 and DD5 to WDW for the first time in Feb 2012, and teared up several times during the week. One of my favorite memories is walking onto Main Street our first day at the MK. I looked over at my wife, and both of us had tears in our eyes. We just felt so much joy and happiness for our kids, our family, and our lives that it was overwhelming. My wife and I felt that way several times during our trip. Of course the whole family cried when we got in the car and left the Polynesian after check out. Looking forward to some more tears in Feb 2013!

Pfft I'm a burly, 41 year old Cajun man and I'm with ya! it don't matter how "hard" you are, when that magic hits you, you turn instant softy

I could not get through The Magic The Memories and You without bawling. The second Walt came on and said "To all who come to this happy place- welcome!".... boom. Waterworks. The finale to Wishes gets me every time, too. And of course, the first sight of the castle.

I'm a 48 year old father that has had the enjoyment of many trips, first with my parents, then as a parent and before long hopefully as a grandparent. I wouldn't say I CRY, but there are always "soft" moments. I think that is what Disney means to each and every one of us. True family moments that we remember for a lifetime. For every bad thing that happens on a trip, 50 great things happen. It's how it is. If only we could stop the clock while we're there! :hourglass

The first time I cried at Disney was my 3rd or 4th trip but it was the first one with my whole family. My Mom, Dad hubby and my 3 kids. I had never gone to WDW with my parents so when we all walked in to the MK standing on Main Street for my kids 1st time, I lost it. Something came over me and that was the second I became a Disney nut. I felt the magic. My mom passed away not too long after that trip. Now I cry every time I walk in the MK when I leave on the last day. I will always be grateful for that memory on Main Street. I'm tearing up typing this. :goodvibes

Wishes gets me every time. Holding my girls, and watching their eyes and expression as Tink flies down from the castle, and those first few shots arc over the castle.

Also, whenever I am explaining how something works, by way of magic, I get a little chokey. I'm always very seriously explaining to them that magic is real, and dreams come to life at Disney World. My oldest used to say "magic is not real." Now she says "Magic is not real, except at Disney World. Disney magic is real, right Daddy?"

I cry every time I'm on the Magic Express. As soon as the video starts... I tear up. LOL :sad: But they really are happy tears. I always cried during the Kodak film too.
Nancy :hourglass

I cry or at least tear up once a day. Usually it is a show or parade that gets me. This upcoming trip I hope to cry because it's my 5 year old niece's first trip, and I hope she has such a magical time that that it will bring me to tears. ;)

This thread has made me feel a lot better, knowing I won't be the only weirdo entering Disney World bawling their eyes out with happiness.

Oh, absolutely. Mainly for the nighttime shows (fireworks or the Magic Memories & You shows), and always at the end of the movie in the American Adventure in Epcot.

My adult sister's first trip was this past April. Because of the renos going on at the Main Street Bakery, she didn't see the castle at first. She sat down on the bench by Roy and Minnie to take a picture. I then said, "Okay, now turn around and look at the castle." I took some photos of the castle as I always do, and then glanced at my sister to find her crying! Which of course set me off!

She had no idea how magical it would be, and now she can't wait to get back there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter