• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you checkout when you leave? Increasing room turn efficiency

Wow...I don't agree with this at all. I use DME too but most of the time I book my flight for late in the day or early evening so my DME time isn't until hours after the 11am check out time. So if DME says I should be ready for pick up at 4:30 pm how is that going to help housekeeping know what time I vacated the room in the morning?
It only takes a moment to call and let someone know the room is vacant so I just don't see what the big deal is and Disney certanily wouldn't lose my business over it!!

We are always on a flight at 11, so we are on the bus before 9am. Disney knows this, they check us onto the bus.

For people who leave later than that, then bell services is presumably storing your luggage, and can let housekeeping know. If you took your own car and put your things into your car at 9am before heading to the parks, you probably should tell housekeeping.

Staff keeping staff informed is called customer service. Disney used to be good at it. If we let them off the hook, we have only ourselves to blame.

We use Express Checkout, so we don't stop at the desk. We do call Housekeeping on our way out of the room for the final time to let them know we are gone. It only takes a minute or two, and I figure they'll at least know we are out of the way. If we see our housekeeper in the hall, we also tell her in person. We don't seek her out, but if we pass her, we let her know.

This is our leaving ritual also!!!:thumbsup2

One thing that would complicate ME cross-referencing is handling rooms where ME isn't being used by everyone or where there are multiple ME times. But obviously it would work 99% of the time when the number of people on ME matched the number of people checked into the room.

Again, if Disney thought that this was an issue, or if it cost them money, they would fix it.

I love reading all of the "I love my DVC" posts here on the DIS but as time goes on, seasoned members have to ask themselves why doesn't Disney care?

I have been told by Disney Management that they are working to improve the Mousekeeping issues and one of the reasons that dues were increased was to cover the additional expense.

Only time will tell.

:earsboy: Bill

Again, if Disney thought that this was an issue, or if it cost them money, they would fix it.

I love reading all of the "I love my DVC" posts here on the DIS but as time goes on, seasoned members have to ask themselves why doesn't Disney care?

I have been told by Disney Management that they are working to improve the Mousekeeping issues and one of the reasons that dues were increased was to cover the additional expense.

Only time will tell.

:earsboy: Bill

Mousekeeping is outsourced. Do they care if 15 minutes of their pay a day are wasted due to lack of checkout information?

Now if management bonuses were based on 4:00 checking time + cleaning accuracy (lack of calls) you might see some more action.

Mousekeeping is outsourced. Do they care if 15 minutes of their pay a day are wasted due to lack of checkout information?

Now if management bonuses were based on 4:00 checking time + cleaning accuracy (lack of calls) you might see some more action.

So they actually have outsourced housekeeping now? I thought that was the one that had not been outsourced. Either way though, outsourced or not, the result is the same if the housekeepers aren't getting their jobs done on time.

So they actually have outsourced housekeeping now? I thought that was the one that had not been outsourced. Either way though, outsourced or not, the result is the same if the housekeepers aren't getting their jobs done on time.

Housekeeping has NOT been outsourced. They are Disney-employed, unionized Cast Members as always.

What I stay in that room until 5 min before check out.I get the most out of my points.Who stays past check out boo boo.Besides if you really want to effect a change why not promote what my DW does. Clean up after yourself.I'm not talking about a full clean but bag up your garbage and put all dirty towels together etc.Phoning is nice but may not help a mousekeeper get to your room any quicker then they would have if you had slipped out.But a cleaner room is a sure fire help.Heck when we left SSR last time I should have phoned mousekeeping. Your room is ready.

What I stay in that room until 5 min before check out.I get the most out of my points.Who stays past check out boo boo.Besides if you really want to effect a change why not promote what my DW does. Clean up after yourself.I'm not talking about a full clean but bag up your garbage and put all dirty towels together etc.Phoning is nice but may not help a mousekeeper get to your room any quicker then they would have if you had slipped out.But a cleaner room is a sure fire help.Heck when we left SSR last time I should have phoned mousekeeping. Your room is ready.

I think many of us do that already. I strip the beds, consolidate the towels into one tub, bag up garbage and recyclables, throw away the used soaps, empty the fridge, fill the dishwasher and start it as we leave, and make sure there isn't any mess there that wasn't there when we came in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter