• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you carry a backpack, too?

I've only read the first page in this thread, so apologies if this has been covered already...

But please, for the love of God, be careful when you've got backpacks in the parks, and don't swing your backpack around like a wild man!

Fanny Pack for tickets, maps and essentials - Mini back pack for camera gear - Larger backpack with change of clothes, sunscreen, water bottles, umbrella etc - Keep larger backpack securely affixed to small umbrella stroller (loop over handlebars and secure with zip ties)

I wear a hipster fanny pack and carry all the tickets, money, cameras Kleenex etc...if you say hipster it makes is less nerdy and cooler ;)

I can't find a link to what it looks like. We brought a full backpack as well last time because we had a stroller, but we won't this time. I will have to find something fort the kids to hold their water bottles.

I use to carry a backpack with bottles of water and rain ponchos. But after trip number 2 I stopped carrying the backpack. If we want something to drink we buy it or get free water and if it rains we duck inside a store or buy some Disney ponchos.

I always have a lanyard with a card pouch on it for tickets, cash and debit card.

I use my phone as a camera so no need to carry around a camera. Actually after the last trip I doubt I continue to take pictures. I have 2 large photo albums full of Disney pictures. You only need so many poses in front of the main attractions and icons.

So now we go bagless and walk right in without having to go through bag check and it is much more pleasant not having a backpack to deal with all day.

So, we are heading for our first trip (staying at POP and doing MK for 2 days before visiting my folks in FL). Will we get lanyards when we check in and get our KTTW cards???

And to keep this on topic, DH will carry a backpack and I will carry a fanny pack (he hates it, but I love it! LOL!!).

I used to just carry a nylon drawstring backpack along with my Vera Bradley Hipster purse. But after having two of them rip on me with minimal use, I decided to invest in something sturdier. I got the VB Bookbag: http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Bradley-Bookbag-Priscilla-Pink/dp/B0078QXCHC

This is a discontinued style, but they sell one similar to it. If you can get one on sale, it's a good deal - I paid $40 for mine and feel like it was a good price for the amount of use I've gotten out of if (and it's still going strong).

Inside, I have all my purse essentials, plus:

-Reusable water bottle
-Umbrella, if it looks like rain is a possibility
-Snacks (PB crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars, etc.) inside a sandwich-shaped plastic container to keep them from getting crushed
-Sunscreen
-Light jacket, if the weather requires it

It's lightweight and I've had no trouble taking it on any rides with me.

I tried a backpack, but it was too hard getting it on and off when I needed something quickly, or when there was a big crowd pressing in and I needed to board a ride vehicle quickly. I prefer a shoulder bag.

So, we are heading for our first trip (staying at POP and doing MK for 2 days before visiting my folks in FL). Will we get lanyards when we check in and get our KTTW cards???

And to keep this on topic, DH will carry a backpack and I will carry a fanny pack (he hates it, but I love it! LOL!!).

No you have to purchase your own lanyard if you want one.

I have a fanny pack (don't judge me!) to carry tickets, money, phone, and GAC. I have a backpack for sunscreen, snacks & extra clothes.

Lol! Fanny packs are underrated! My kids and I have used them every year and love them...my two older daughters may graduate to string backpacks now that they are older, but they are effortless and convenient, even if not very fashionable :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter