Do you carry a backpack, too?

mamateacher

Mouseketeer
Sounds like a silly question, but I am just wondering if you carry a backpack, hipster-type purse, or nothing while going to the parks. My husband carries the backpack with all our necessities, but I like to have something smaller for our tickets, cash, and such.

Sounds like a silly question, but I am just wondering if you carry a backpack, hipster-type purse, or nothing while going to the parks. My husband carries the backpack with all our necessities, but I like to have something smaller for our tickets, cash, and such.

We have one backpack that we alternate carrying.

I have this bag from Kavu (which is not as big as it looks there) and inside of that I have this smaller Kavu case that fits almost all of what's listed below and then some. Then I have enough room for my camera and some souvenirs. I would normally carry an even smaller bag but the one I had didn't have room enough for my new camera.

I like to bring a bag so when I purchase something it can go into my bag and I can remain "hands free". When I go with my husband only one of us carries a bag and we usually take a cross body one strap backpack. In my bag I'll have the following:

• Nail clippers (I have thin nails and it drives me nuts when I break one and it's uneven and scratchy)
  • hair elastics
  • Bonine
  • my camera+an extra camera battery and SD card
  • chapstick
  • a poncho
  • ibuprofin
  • a water bottle
  • a few assorted sized plastic bags to keep my bag and items dry on a water ride or in case of rain
  • lanyard+pins
  • my wallet with KTTK, money, ID etc
  • cell phone

DH carries a backpack (usually one of the kids', so it has at different times been pink princess or Cars :lmao:). I carry a Coach crossbody hipster-style purse, and DD has a hipster from Claire's. The Vera Bradley hipsters and mini-hipsters are great. Sometimes I just carry a smaller VB purse because they are so leight-weight to begin with, and there's something about going from the snowy North to warm, sunny weather and being able to use my "islandy-print" VB.

DH carries the backpack with all the bulkier items. I carry a cross body purse with multiple pockets for all the smaller stuff. We both wear lanyards for our KTTW cards, photopass card, and fastpasses. I guess the latter will be passe by the time we return, if FP+ is in effect.

I carry a mid-sized backpack that is green in color and is generic enough that my DH will wear if I opt out. Usually that's it one bag for the family. If its too heavy or bulky then we take stuff out but we try not to carry anything more than the one bag.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Dh carries a backpack that keeps: wipes, antibacterial lotion,water bottles,baggie with meds,sunblock, extra zip lock baggies etc.

I like to have a small cross body bag: park ticket, cell phone, chapstick,my money, room key and camera

my son usually carries a string back pack with his snack, cell, wallet, and light jacket

my oldest dd would do the same

this year my youngets dd5 will turn 6 while we are there and she has a small cross body bag she wants to take that will have snack, wallet, and probably something to entertain her while in line

She will have a stroller this year again so we will have that to store bags in if we get tired of holding them. But in the past the kids have always kept with there bags

My husband has a day bag if he needs a poncho or extra T shirts. Otherwise, he goes bagless.

I have a VERY small cross shoulder bag I carry that can hold my cards (ID, medical, credit, room) and cash, my small digital camera and my phone. The thing is barely 5"x7". If I need a poncho or a sweatshirt, then I also take my backpack.

We like to travel as lightly as possible.

I do, I carry everything I can; extra batteries, snacks, band aids, suntan lotion, extra socks, liquids (Not in the airport) and everything else my wife says to carry.

I have a fanny pack (don't judge me!) to carry tickets, money, phone, and GAC. I have a backpack for sunscreen, snacks & extra clothes.

I've always carried a backpack for our family. As the kids have gotten older we've been able to travel a bit lighter and its really nice not to have to carry one but we still take it just in case we've got a full day and want to take lunch or something.

we have a bag for water bottles and sundries. DH and I each have a waist pack because we are SO AWESOMELY TRENDY LIKE THAT :thumbsup2 for cards and cash and a place to stick glasses and such. DS1 carries an epi-pen case clipped to his belt. DS2 carries a case with an inhaler.

I suppose the bag will have to contain baby supplies this time around too.

I've been debating on whether I should take my Coach Sling Back bag and a backpack. It is only my DD10 and myself so I'm not sure I should take both. The idea of not having my purse gives me anxiety but at the same time not having a backpack for water and snacks does the same. I might have my DD take her small backpack and me take my purse.. Have a few months to decide...

Last visit we ditched our backpack (too hot for a carrying a giant pack in September) and were able fit all that we needed for a day at the parks (with 2 small children, one of them in diapers) in this Patagonia bag:

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/atom-sling-pack?p=48259-0-306

Absolutely an awesome bag and we use it every time we travel now. Holds enough gear for us while also being extremely lightweight and easy to manage and it kept our stuff dry during a surprise burst of rain. Love this bag and you can often find it on sale for around $30 when colors get switched over for a new season.

I've carried a backpack pretty much since our older dd who's 14 was a baby! It was useful as a diaper bag back then. Now it holds water bottles, ponchos, sunblock, snacks and the like. I found one by Northface that I love. It has water bottle holders, at least 2 maybe more outer zip pockets that I stick my wallet/park tix, camera, sunglasses, etc in. And it has a zig zag thing on the back to hold wet ponchos.

I carry one of those light weight cinch backpacks to carry our ponchos, iphone, wallet, tickets, bottled water, etc.

I find it works for me and is not too bulky.

I carry a small backpack if we are going during a time of year when we might need a sweatshirt or jacket in the mornings or at night. If its during the summer, no. Just a purse that can hold camera, sunscreen, and wallet.

I carry a 31 body crossover bag or the 31 wristlet, depending on the time of year. Sometimes I have a light jacket on so I can stash stuff in the pockets. I do ALWAYS get a locker. This is where I store my good buys :-), extra shoes, that jacket I didn't need all day, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter