Do you buy your adult children anything for valentines day?

DISNEYFANRI

<font color=CC66CC>Is going to get BACK on that wa
DH and I do not exchange gifts and I have a 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter that I buy for - I made up a gift bag for her with stickers - book - socks and mini "Lamby" (Doc Mcstuffins). I still buy small trinkets for my adult children and their significant others.
Would love to hear what you all do!

:love:

My grandma always got me silly socks. The last pair she gave me had Mickey on them, and red hearts. They aren't in the greatest shape now, but I'll wear them anyway on Thursday...

My mom always sends me something. Usually something sweet like cupcakes or chocolates. :goodvibes

I get cards for daughter Natalie and daughter-in-law Katlyn. I think Marie gets them something also.

DH and I do not exchange gifts and I have a 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter that I buy for - I made up a gift bag for her with stickers - book - socks and mini "Lamby" (Doc Mcstuffins). I still buy small trinkets for my adult children and their significant others.
Would love to hear what you all do!

:love:

Why would you buy Valentine gifts for everybody but your DH?

Giving something to little kids is fine but to give a gift to your SIL is way out there.

The only adult to get a gift from me is DH.

For what ever reason my husband sees no reason for exchanging gifts (Christmas included).....his theory is "if I need something I'll buy it for myself" ..... sadly I am a "gifter" - I love buying gifts and the thought that goes into them so .... I indulge my kids and granddaughter.

My children are small and I buy Valentines Day gifts for them, also plan to always buy for them! My dad bought me and my sister Valentines every year even as adults, a box of chocolates and a lovey :love::love:bear. He passed away 6 years ago and still every Valentines I think of my dad and how special small gestures like this made us feel extra special to him:) It wasnt about the gift it was about knowing he thought of us!
For my DS 1 DD 10 and DS 12 I bought a valentine mailbox and will put a valentine mad lips inside plus a note and stickers, each mailbox will have the flag up with a valentine balloon and a small box of candy / toddler goodie for DD1. I know DD1 wont use the mad lips but older kids will fill it out with him from his words and get a good laugh out, I just try to always make their stuff equal

I have DS23, DS21, DS17 and DD10. They all get cards and a bag of candy. For the older two who don't live at home I mail their cards to them and I will give them their candy when I see them this weekend. I also got DS17's girlfriend (who he has dated for over a year) a card and bag of candy also.

We always get the kids a little something and a card. Now they are all adults I still like to give them something they will use like Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks or Itune gift cards instead of candy (they are past that LOL!!)

MJ

My parents always got us a "little something" till the grandkids came along. Now the adult children have been demoted. ;-)

Oldest DD is in college, and she got a little package with some valentine's treats & a card. Youngest is still at home. I always put a card and small gift (usually a box of chocolate) on their dinner plate when I set the table :) So she & DH will get their card and chocolate at dinner.

I didn't do it this year for my 21 y/o DD. She's away at college and she has an actual boyfriend so I figured I could NOT send her anything. I did send her and her roomies Red Velvet Cupcakes last year.

I bought my 18 y/o son some of his favorite candy this year. He doesn't have a girlfriend and he likes getting treats so.....

My DH and I do not exchanged. I know what Valentine's Day is for but I still kind of feel like it's a kids holiday mainly (I know, silly).

I buy only for my 2 grandchildren.
My husband and I will exchange cards.
Sometimes he will send flowers but not always. I have a birthday 3 days later and he always makes that extra special.

I give each of my two older kids a jar filed.with conversation hearts and chocolates.

I have two in college. The one that is out of state got a card with $20 and a box of cookies. The one that is in state got a card and a grocery run on my credit card! :rotfl:

DH and I don't usually do anything. Sometimes he buys me flowers if the day falls on the weekend, otherwise I tell him not to bother.

I have an 18 year old daughter in college. I made her a Valentine's care package with cozy socks, some candy and a card with some money in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter