Do you buy Temp-Tations Ovenware from QVC? (kinda long)

Hello, I bought 8 pieces of Temptations a few years ago and all but 3 have cracked in the oven. Also, after a few uses, the non-stick seems to disappear and you have to soak each item over night, in order to clean it. So, I would say if you like your money and you like using your money well, do NOT buy Temptations, because the items are defective and certainly do not last that long; my first piece to crack did so within a year of purchase. I'd buy Corning - they never crack and will last 100 years. I am a very disappointed customer and if you check QVC reviews, those that review Temptations after several uses, have the same complaints - the items all crack.

Hello, I bought 8 pieces of Temptations a few years ago and all but 3 have cracked in the oven. Also, after a few uses, the non-stick seems to disappear and you have to soak each item over night, in order to clean it. So, I would say if you like your money and you like using your money well, do NOT buy Temptations, because the items are defective and certainly do not last that long; my first piece to crack did so within a year of purchase. I'd buy Corning - they never crack and will last 100 years. I am a very disappointed customer and if you check QVC reviews, those that review Temptations after several uses, have the same complaints - the items all crack.
Be aware, you're answering a question posed almost 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Dang, they must really hate it to post on a 4 year old thread about cookware. People...you have been WARNED!

I was actually surprised to see this thread pop up. I'm the OP and I've actually bought quite a few pieces of Temptations since originally posting this. I don't use all of them all of the time but I do use them quite often. Especially the 13x9 pans and the bowls. I haven't had a problem with any of them cracking or breaking or anything. :)

Emile Henry makes the BEST ceramic pans and accessories. It can be very expensive, but I've gotten deals at T.J. Maxx and Woot. I have several baking dishes, ramekins, a pizza stone and pie plates. The quality is top notch.

I was actually surprised to see this thread pop up. I'm the OP and I've actually bought quite a few pieces of Temptations since originally posting this. I don't use all of them all of the time but I do use them quite often. Especially the 13x9 pans and the bowls. I haven't had a problem with any of them cracking or breaking or anything. :)

Then you are one of the lucky few :) If you use your cookware on almost a daily basis, they will crack - it's a common complaint among people who have had their Temptations for a couple of years. My first piece broke within a year and from the complaints posted several places online, including QVC, it seems that the Old World pattern breaks more often than the other patterns. Good luck!

and you're still reading and then responding to it, so . . . it must be relevant.
Actually - no. It's just that, when an old thread pops up to the top of the pile again, I'm curious as to what's so important that someone felt the need to revive it. I only responded to point out that the thread was old. Some people like to know that, before responding with helpful suggestions to a problem that was most likely resolved some time ago.

The patterns are extremely pretty, especially the floral lace. I think mixing bowls or dinner sets (flat dishes and bowls to eat off of) or little decorative pieces they show more of on the temptations company website are the best bets.

I have many pieces that I've used for several years and the containers that go in the oven do crack or most particularly craze when exposed to the heat or high liquids on a countertop also (like pouring hot bacon grease in a dish). It's so pretty though, it's cute but takes up a ton of space. I like it, but not for cooking in, LOL!!

It's cheap though for how many pieces in a set, but it's *not supposed* to be disposable and is dangerous if it cracks with food in it. That hasn't happened to me but with some of the cracking I see they could snap in half.

I know it's an old thread, but temptations are a love it or hate it item. There are a lot of decorative flat lid its with a lip around it that are oval or rectangle and could have lots of decorative uses around the house. Those wear like iron away from a stove. (again, LOL...)

I like to watch qvc sometimes, it's a hoot.

Actually - no. It's just that, when an old thread pops up to the top of the pile again, I'm curious as to what's so important that someone felt the need to revive it. I only responded to point out that the thread was old. Some people like to know that, before responding with helpful suggestions to a problem that was most likely resolved some time ago.

Old Threads are on the bottom of pages. So folks click on them not knowing how old they might interest them.

Kae

Then you are one of the lucky few :) If you use your cookware on almost a daily basis, they will crack - it's a common complaint among people who have had their Temptations for a couple of years. My first piece broke within a year and from the complaints posted several places online, including QVC, it seems that the Old World pattern breaks more often than the other patterns. Good luck!

Yep, I've had a couple of pieces break in the oven. Kind of scary, glad what I had in them wasn't a roast or something with drippings that might cause a fire. I think they're beautiful, but I only use them as serving pieces now, no baking in them. This might be an old post, but I think Potter's warning is a good one for anyone who might read this and is contemplating buying a set.

I have Paula Dean's stoneware covered dutch oven in red
got it SUPER discounted at Tuesday Morning
Love it

I guess I am the odd one, I just buy the aluminum pans and throw them away, real easy clean up-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter