Do you buy more PHP days than you need?

xyymom

Mouseketeer
We're probably only going to use 4 days on a PHP and use 1 of the 'pluses'. I was planning on buying the 5 day PHP, but is it worthwhile to buy a 7day? How often do the prices go up? I can see us going back within 2 years, and one of my kids is 8 now, so will move up to adult prices for the next trip, correct?
:earsgirl:

Buy the 7, that way you have a "reason" to plan another trip :p

Originally posted by xyymom
We're probably only going to use 4 days on a PHP and use 1 of the 'pluses'. I was planning on buying the 5 day PHP, but is it worthwhile to buy a 7day? How often do the prices go up? I can see us going back within 2 years, and one of my kids is 8 now, so will move up to adult prices for the next trip, correct?

Yes, you can buy more days than you think you will use on this trip - if you will be back sometime in the future, it's a good way to protect against future price increases. Neither the days nor the plus options expire.

As long as your child is 9 or under when the child's ticket is first used, he/she can use the child's PHP ticket until all the days are used. When he/she turns 10, you just exchange the child's ticket for an adult's ticket with the same number of unused days - no charge to do the exchange.

A 7 day PHP ticket will be less per day than a 5 day, so if you can afford to do that, it would be a better over all value. No one knows when Disney might raise prices - I just plan on one happening every year.

Best wishes -

Originally posted by xyymom
one of my kids is 8 now, so will move up to adult prices for the next trip, correct?

Yes, at 10 years old, that would be an adult ticket....but from what I've read on these boards, if you buy a child's pass now and use part of this year, you will be able to upgrade that partially used child's pass to an adult pass for free.

Yes, we always buy a day or two over to save for short trips or subsequent trips. Since we have family nearby a 1 day PH is ideal for us and since its not sold we "make our own" from leftover days.

If your child turns 10 before using all the days simply go to guest relations with your child and the ticket. The cm will simply convert the remaining days and plus options to an adult ticket.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter